• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

MLIVE.COM: Ansar Khan reports the Detroit Red Wings have inquired about former Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Lukas Krajicek, suggesting he'd be a more affordable signing than Willie Mitchell. Khan suggests the Wings might be better re-signing Andreas Lilja but he's seeking $1.5 million while the Wings are reportedly offering $1 million.

Wouldn't mind at all for the money.

#2 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

if we cant get/afford big willie....then go with lilja!
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#3 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

if we cant get/afford big willie....then go with lilja!

yes. go with lilja or kindl who should get a shot.
if krajicek is the only affordable signing, then that's a sign. no. if the wings can't get mitchell, don't settle for a hack.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#4 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

What's the point? a big non-physical defenseman to play in the 6th spot is exactly what we DONT need.

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:00 PM

As Mors said, this would be a waste of time. We need a physical 6th defenseman, and not a tall skinny puss.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#6 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

As Mors said, this would be a waste of time. We need a physical 6th defenseman, and not a tall skinny puss.

Krajicek actually has been known to throw some pretty nice hipchecks, though not often enough
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#7 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

Sounds like he has decent puck moving skills too. Hehe... welcome to the team Lukas.

EDIT: Lol@ all the negs. As if the Wings don't covet puck moving defensemen. If he has ANY puck moving skill at all the Wings are automatically interested by default.

Totally wouldn't be surprised to see him here if he truly does have any puck moving skill.

Edited by Broken 16, 08 August 2010 - 03:38 PM.

#8 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

No thanks. Krajicek isnt good, physical, or mean. He isnt a good option as a #6, if we cant get Mitchell, I'd just bring back Lilja.

#NOMOREKINDL

#9 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,077 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

Krajicek actually has been known to throw some pretty nice hipchecks, though not often enough

So has my dog. Should we sign him?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#10 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

I saw him play a lot in Vancouver and he seemed to be either amazing or just horrible....you never knew which Krajicek you were going to get...
be about it!

#11 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

So has my dog. Should we sign him?

doubt it, no
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#12 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

People expect too much out of a #6 defensemen.

He'd be fine. lol @ lilja wanting 1.5 mill tho.

Posted Image

#13 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:06 PM

Please Kenny pass on this one.

#14 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:41 PM

No. The guy couldn't even stay in the Tampa Bay Lightning line-up.

#15 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

No. The guy couldn't even stay in the Tampa Bay Lightning line-up.

Agreed, he doesn't fill our needs whatsoever... I'd rather roll with Meech on the roster than Krajicek at this point to be honest and just play both Ericsson and Kindl daily, as 5/6 and Meech as the #7...

With that said, as I've said all along, in terms of adding another defenseman, I want them in this order, or none by this point:

1. Mitchell (if he came at a huge discount, which is unlikely, so this one is a pipedream and can probably be omitted... I just have him as 1, because if he IS available, come on...)
2. Hnidy
3. Lilja
4. Exelby

If one of those 4 isn't the #6 out of what's left, I'd rather just roll with what we have, unless a trade can be made to fill the role - I still think a Ritola, Meech and pick for Mark Stuart in Boston isn't out of the realm of possibility, as Boston needs to cut cap and fill out a roster...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#16 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

Agreed, he doesn't fill our needs whatsoever... I'd rather roll with Meech on the roster than Krajicek at this point to be honest and just play both Ericsson and Kindl daily, as 5/6 and Meech as the #7...

With that said, as I've said all along, in terms of adding another defenseman, I want them in this order, or none by this point:

1. Mitchell (if he came at a huge discount, which is unlikely, so this one is a pipedream and can probably be omitted... I just have him as 1, because if he IS available, come on...)
2. Hnidy
3. Lilja
4. Exelby

If one of those 4 isn't the #6 out of what's left, I'd rather just roll with what we have, unless a trade can be made to fill the role - I still think a Ritola, Meech and pick for Mark Stuart in Boston isn't out of the realm of possibility, as Boston needs to cut cap and fill out a roster...

Agree with everything said here. And there has been talk that Mitchell is down to 4 teams, Detroit is one of them, and they all dont have significant cap space to offer him a huge contract so its not that huge of a pipe dream

RIP BOB PROBERT #24