• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

9/26 Pre-season GDT: New York Rangers at Red Wings

Rate this topic

Well my two cents:

Cleary might be out of my dog house now that he is healthy, because damn he's a beast right now

Euro-twins HAVE to play on the same line

iFlip looks NHL ready

Hudler looks rusty

Kindl has an amazing outlet pass

Osgood looks damn good on the bench

Maltby looks great on the PK

Poor Homer

Salei and all out D-Men need to do a better job clearing the trash in front of the net

Datsyuk's danglesauce brings all the girls to the yard.

Guest Heaten

You can tell the early playoff exit (to Red Wings standards) was mucho needed. The boys look way more energized and much more stronger than last year. Cleary, Rafi, Z and Dats are rocking out. Lidstrom is Lidstrom.

Kindl and Ericsson game looks nearly identical. They can swap numbers and nobody would ever tell the difference.

Guest Heaten

Mind talking some more about that?

Both make bonehead plays to cause 2 on 1 break aways that results in goals against. Both seem to like to pinch at the worst possible time. Ericsson is more physical and Kindl seems to be a tad bit better with positioning and little more comfortable behind the net with the puck, whereas Ericsson gets rushed and coughs it up. Basically pretty similar looking otherwise.

Edited by Heaten

Both make bonehead plays to cause 2 on 1 break aways that results in goals against. Both seem to like to pinch at the worst possible time. Ericsson is more physical and Kindl seems to be a tad bit better with positioning and little more comfortable behind the net with the puck, whereas Ericsson gets rushed and coughs it up. Basically pretty similar looking otherwise.

Bearing in mind that Ericsson has had a significant amount of NHL experience compared to Kindl, I see your point I guess.

You're basically comparing a player who has had a full season and two playoff runs to a player that has a handful of camp and pre-season games. Not really a comparison imo.

Edited by Broken 16

to anyone else curious apparently wednesdays game will be televised in new york

so hopefully there will be a stream :)

AND,if you have the Center Ice package, the game will be on MSGHD at 6pm Central. That's Channel 634 on Directv.

Guest Heaten

Bearing in mind that Ericsson has had a significant amount of NHL experience compared to Kindl, I see your point I guess.

You're basically comparing a player who has had a full season and two playoff runs to a player that has a handful of camp and pre-season games. Not really a comparison imo.

Also bear in mind that Ericsson proved that he can play steady defense when he keeps it simple (see 2009 playoffs). Also bear in mind that the quirks we are seeing from Kindl was also noticed in his time in the Grand Rapids.

If Kindl can play to his projection and Ericsson can get back to playing like he did in the 2009 playoffs, then we will undoubtedly have two good dmen taking up very little cap space.

I would also like to mention that Jiri Fischer was the whipping boy on LGW his first 2 seasons also, and he was paired with Chris Chelios. Ericsson and Kindl are sure locks to be official LGW whipping boys. You heard it first here :ph34r:

Also bear in mind that Ericsson proved that he can play steady defense when he keeps it simple (see 2009 playoffs). Also bear in mind that the quirks we are seeing from Kindl was also noticed in his time in the Grand Rapids.

If Kindl can play to his projection and Ericsson can get back to playing like he did in the 2009 playoffs, then we will undoubtedly have two good dmen taking up very little cap space.

I would also like to mention that Jiri Fischer was the whipping boy on LGW his first 2 seasons also, and he was paired with Chris Chelios. Ericsson and Kindl are sure locks to be official LGW whipping boys. You heard it first here :ph34r:

Until Kindl is given significant time during the regular season, it's a no comparison. But seriously, don't let me stop you from comparing apples to oranges.