• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Players you've always wanted on the Wings

Rate this topic

Watching hockey tonight I just started thinking about a few of the guys I would've loved to see in the Winged Wheel. For some that ship has sailed, others it's still possible but unlikely.

Guys like Ovechkin or (dare I say) Crosby would be obvious choices, but I'm also interested in players that are deeper in the lineup than that. Or maybe even guys you're a little embarrassed to admit.

For me it's:

Jamal Mayers - not anymore, but I wished he would've been on the Wings sometime in his prime

Pronger - you heard me. I'd rather be on the side of giving out the elbows than receiving. Plus the guy's a beast in the playoffs and an incredibly smart hockey player with a great first pass.

Kesler - a local kid and great two way forward. Seems like he'd be a natural fit for the Wings.

I'm sure there's others, but that's the first few.

I have always wanted Mo but my wish has been granted. Others would be Backes, Luke Schenn, Keith Ballard, I have always wanted Avery back, Hjalmarsson, Kariya, Briere, I know im forgetting a few.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Pronger

the other Miller

Wish we could have drafted Hedman (regardless of reality)

Ott Talbot Kessel Parise Loui Eriksson Getzlaf Sedins Keith Green Doughty as a kid Mogilny Modano MacInnis

Housley Gilmore Roenick (ick) Jagr Leetch ... but my favorite players all were wings back then

Now:

Getzlaf

Kovalchuck

In their prime:

Kariya/Selanne in tandem

Hasek (wish granted, just wish we'd had him in his prime)

Sakic

That's off the top of my head. There are probably more under the beehive.

Lot of the bigger names have been mentioned so I'll go with some others.

Paul Stastny

Zherdev, if Babs could get him in line.

Owen Nolan-in his prime, coulda fit in nicely with Shanny and Stevie

Probably a lot more I can't think of right now.

Hasek in his prime would have been a dream for me.

The year of the draft lottery I was REALLY hoping the Wings would get the first pick and take Crosby. Some other players I would take right now would be Chris Pronger, Ryan Miller, Shane Doan, Alexander Frolov, I would love to have locked Hossa up long term, and of course Drew Doughtery would be an AWESOME addition. I thought realisticly Maxim Afinegenov would have been an interesting addtion this year or last.

Edited by Booster313