Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

11/11 GDT: Oilers 2 at Red Wings 6

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#341 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,537 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:44 AM

can someone comment on huds play? obv his line did well but what about him specifically

You didn't hear? The ONLY reason our lines are doing so well now is because of him... I am sure glad he sparked our team, man I was worried about us when Babcock sat him two games in a row. Piddler really is omnipotent... He will be the ONLY reason we win the Cup this year!

Blah,Blah,Blah....Trade Pav...Blah, Blah...Trade Z...Yadda, Yadda, Blah...

#342 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:14 AM

You didn't hear? The ONLY reason our lines are doing so well now is because of him... I am sure glad he sparked our team, man I was worried about us when Babcock sat him two games in a row. Piddler really is omnipotent... He will be the ONLY reason we win the Cup this year!

Stop making these stupid statements. They aren't funny or clever.

Posted Image

#343 WpgMikos

WpgMikos

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:21 AM

Good times at the Joe tonight. It felt like I was watching an NHL team battle an AHL or Junior team. The Wings outclassed the Oilers and I was surprised that Edmonton managed as many shots as they did.

About only time Oilers were in the game was during the pre-skate;

Ndamukong Suh popped into the Joe for 2 periods. See if he would learn to stay till the end of the game, perhaps the Lions would learn to win in regulation....

Game Over:
Posted Image

Best Oiler tonight was this guy doing his best Blue Man impression;
Posted Image

#344 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:23 AM

Other than fantasy leagues, who gives a damn?

People on internet forums using statistical minutiae to back up their POV or discredit their opponents?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#345 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:35 AM

Best Oiler tonight was this guy doing his best Blue Man impression;
Posted Image

I was telling this guy that he was a poser and his moves are nothing like the green man guys in VAN. I was s***faced...
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#346 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

I turned the t.v off when it was 5-0 i figured if they were to make a comeback i didnt want to see it either.

#347 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:46 AM

Let's all refresh our memories at how well LeftWinger is at predicting things..

Goodbye Detroit. No playoffs this year. It was 20 years ago the last time we missed the playoffs. I am sick of the biased reffing, Mike Ilitch has to see this s***, why doesn't he say something!!!! Maybe he is getting paid off to keep quiet. I think its time to give Howard a rest. Looking like a rookie now a days. Granted he is playing just as good (or crappy if u may) as everyone else, but he doesn't need to get burned out. Once again, off season, only a select few are untouchable. This team is playing pathetic, at least we have the injuries to blame, oh wait, they're healthy. Make deals Holland or lose credibility.

Wings went on to the Conf Finals and are doing pretty well this season so far (too early to tell just yet).

As for Hudler, LeftWinger obviously has always come up with the best ideas on how to handle him..

Hudler for Hossa:

The problem with what Hudler did, was he handcuffed Ken Holland by NOT accepting the $3.whatever Million and opted for arbitration all but causing Hossa to go to the Hawks. As rumor had it, Hossa would've re-signed here for the rest of his career for a little more than $4MM per season cap hit. The fact that Holland was forced by Hudler to wait and wait pretty much was the only reason Hossa is not a Red Wing right now. And something tells me that if he was a Red Wing right now, they wouldn't be battling for the 8th playoff spot... Thanks Hudler, I am glad you were eliminated and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, don't ever come back!

Hudler for Kovalchuk:

It may not be enough in return, but betcha Holland puts in a bid for Kovalchuk...

why not trade Hudler's rights to Atanta for Kovalchuk?

Hudler for Savard:

Savard will outscore Hudler on this team, Emmerton is never going to get his chance here and The Wings draft pretty well, so losing the 2nd wouldnt hurt us too much. If Detroit trades up in the first and gets McIlrath or Tinordi, then also adds Savard, this future looks bright.

Savard > Hudler in any way, shape or form, on any given sunday-saturday and 24 hours a day!

Though he said a while back he wouldn't even mention Hudler anymore:

Whoa! easy with the bunched up panties lady! I am done with Hudler, I am not even mentioning him anymore

But I'm sure we're all used to this anyways. :)

#348 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:54 AM

Nothing much better than drinking Founders Dirty Bastard and watching the Wings kick the s*** outta Edmonton....I thought we were a little soft at the end there, but I think everyone played pretty well last night, even Hudler.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#349 WpgMikos

WpgMikos

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

I'm sure you guys discussed it during the game but how nice was Datsyuk's hit on Penner in the 3rd! The crowd went nuts.