• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

Babs says Miller and Eaves will both play

Rate this topic

Thinking hypothetically here I'm going to assume it won't be Hudler because they're still trying to "get him going" and bla bla bla.

Hmm... Holmstrom? I don't know.

I don't know about Modano because every time they bring him up in the media Babs seems to talk about him as if he's done pretty much everything they've asked him to do.

I don't know about Modano because every time they bring him up in the media Babs seems to talk about him as if he's done pretty much everything they've asked him to do.

yeah i know :rolleyes:

apparently they ask him to sit on the powerplay and not move more than 5' at a time, basically just kinda stand around on skates. Sounds about right.

Edited by nate94gt

Assuming that blurb actually meant that it is fact both Miller and Eaves are in tonight...

If it is Hudler then I have to beleive the writing would be on the wall for him to be traded. Does anyone know where the Wings stand against the cap?

Hudler wont be traded. But Wings have virtually no cap space anyways...still, he wont be moved.

My guess is they downplayed Cleary's injury and it's Clears...

If not Cleary, I'm going to have to agree it will be Hudler - Abs has played amazing and it would make ZERO sense to sit him,...

Very possible they keep Cleary out to be safe. Even if he is feeling fine they may choose to give him a breather since it will make the decision easier anyways.

BENCH LIDSTROM - WILDCARD *******!

14kl3ll.jpg

Hilarious...

No way does Modano get scratched. It'll be Hudler or Cleary for reasons stated above. My guess is the lines will be:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Filppula - Bertuzzi

Abdelkader - Modano - Cleary

Miller - Helm - Eaves

Lidstrom - Stuart

Kronwall - Salei

Rafalski - Ericsson

No way does Modano get scratched. It'll be Hudler or Cleary for reasons stated above. My guess is the lines will be:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Filppula - Bertuzzi

Abdelkader - Modano - Cleary

Miller - Helm - Eaves

Lidstrom - Stuart

Kronwall - Salei

Rafalski - Ericsson

imho that lineup gives us the best chance of winning night in and night out... and this is coming from a guy who loves Hudler, I just don't think he really fits in under the current make-up of this team... :unsure:

If it is Hudler then I have to beleive the writing would be on the wall for him to be traded. Does anyone know where the Wings stand against the cap?

If the first quarter season is any indication, I'd be happy to trade Hudler for a solid prospect. On some teams I think Hudler can/will still be a solid 40-50 point guy. Potentially 60+ on the right lines, with the right work ethic. If only the trade world was as easy as in baseball cards. Just trade for a month, see if you like it, if not, trade back lol.

Thinking hypothetically here I'm going to assume it won't be Hudler because they're still trying to "get him going" and bla bla bla.

Hmm... Holmstrom? I don't know.

For his 5 vs 5 play, Modano is doing fairly well for a 3rd line role. He's stunk it up a little on the PP in my opinion, but 5 on 5 he's been a solid 3rd liner. I think Babcock likes the intangibles he brings to the team. Scoring or not, there is no doubt that Modano is a mentor to our young 3rd and 4th lines (especially). It's hard to bench the most experienced forward on the team.

For his price, and a year of unseen intangibles, Modano is right about where he should be. A little more PP production, and the rest would be gravy.

I was giving the All-Star game some thought. For guys like Ovechkin and Crosby, barring injury, they pretty much HAVE to play in the All-Star game. They're public icons in the NHL world, and their fans would be outraged. Keeping in mind most Washington or Pittsburgh fans have been watching hockey for only 2-3 years.

However, if someone like Lidstrom declined an invite, I don't think most people would be angry. I sure as hell wouldn't. I wouldn't be angry if any Red Wing declined an invitation. That's two days off. Best case if you go to the AS game, you maybe score a goal or two...and it changes absolutely nothing. Every year things in the league change after the All-Star break (Or the Olympic break, though more drastically, heh), and I think after having watched hockey for more than 15 years the All-Star game is really...***.

The format sucks. Even though the team picking format is better than the former formats, it still loses any real value to a long time hockey fan. I don't root one way or the other. I'm not so immature of a hockey fan to root for individual players (See wikipedia for Crosby Man Love). The only part of the weekend I really enjoy is the skills competition, and even then usually just because I'm going through withdrawal from watching real games :)

Where do you stand on this? I was prompted to think about this because I was perusing hockey videos, and caught a youtube comment debate about Crosby being the best player in the world, and someone commenting "I can't wait until Crosby gets a hat trick at the All-Star game!"

To which I just thought....why.....who cares. Who cares if he scores 10 goals. It doesn't change his teams standings.

If Hudler is in the rotation now what will happen when Drapers gets healthy? I know he will sit mostly as well but a veteran like that would get a few games in to get evaluated, I would think.

I think it is clear that Hudler is pretty much useless if the only thing he can add to the club he isn't doing, scoring. At this point I would try to trade Hudler for a low draft pick and save his cap space for the trade dead line.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/11/jiri_hudler_is_healthy_scratch.html

EDIT - I see you edited your post already... pretty interesting development...

Second Edit - Big chance for Abs playing in the top 6... good for him, h'es earned it...

There is a god!!!

Some very positive, glowing comments about Hudler there from Babs, hopefully he takes it on board, works hard, and shows everyone what he's capable of.

BTW, loving that second line tonight. Abby! :thumbup:

Go Abby!!!

I am step for step with Babcock on the Hudler deal. Have to give him a chance to return to form, yet you also have to put the best team on the ice every night. Hopefully Hudler can be apart of that best Red Wings team sooner rather than later.

I am step for step with Babcock on the Hudler deal. Have to give him a chance to return to form, yet you also have to put the best team on the ice every night. Hopefully Hudler can be apart of that best Red Wings team sooner rather than later.

Looks like Hudler is not having any problems with the ladies during the Wing's charity events...

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php/topic/67419-toast-of-hockeytown/

If only had an ounce of ambition this chick had, he wouldn't be riding the pine.

Edited by Rivalred

So the lineup is:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Abdelkader-Filppula-Franzen

Cleary-Modano-Bertuzzi

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Hmmm... Abdelkader on the 2nd line? I guess I can see that working okay. Why does Eaves have to be stuck with Helm on the 4th line? It's like Datsyuk and Holmstrom. I think a line of Franzen-Filppula-Eaves can be pretty good too.

So the lineup is:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Abdelkader-Filppula-Franzen

Cleary-Modano-Bertuzzi

Miller-Helm-Eaves

Hmmm... Abdelkader on the 2nd line? I guess I can see that working okay. Why does Eaves have to be stuck with Helm on the 4th line? It's like Datsyuk and Holmstrom. I think a line of Franzen-Filppula-Eaves can be pretty good too.

I think you jumped the gun on adding Ritola to your avatar... just sayin' :)