• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#21 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:13 PM

So you predicted that the Wings would dominate the first period then fall apart?

No, I didn't think so.

I said Howard will need to steal this one if Wings have any chance to gain any points. I also said Wings will not play well. If Red Wings played a full 60 minutes to your satisfaction, then I overestimated your hockey intellegence. I predicted a loss unless Howard played like GOD.

Did Wings win?
No, I didn't think so.

#22 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

They played like garbage. They didn't START out flat at all. Wound up with the rest of it being similar to what you said though. Way to go. Save the "I told you so".
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#23 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

I love people on this site who predict that the Wings will lose every game (ie. Mindfly) and then when they do occasionally lose they act like they are the mesiah of hockey predictions !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#24 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

They played like garbage. They didn't START out flat at all. Wound up with the rest of it being similar to what you said though. Way to go. Save the "I told you so".

I never said they wouldn't come out of the gates flat. I also didn't predict when Frazen would break his stick or when Lidstrom skate would need to be resharpend. I just said unless Howard plays like a GOD, Wings would lose.

We simply watched the first game back from a grueling road trip/back-to-back. The reason I brought it to this thread is because the other thread won't open and a couple of posters (you? - don't remember) said Howard doesn't need to steal this one for Wings to win.

Don't get all defensive. It's just one game. Wings will go on a crazy win streak and separate themselves from the rest of the pack even more. book it :)

#25 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

Posted Image who was defensive?? I said, "Save the I told you so". It happened to be a prophetic post. Again...congrats Posted Image

#26 nate94gt

nate94gt

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

The wings played like they have been for alot of the season and this time it cost them

#27 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:11 PM

Brush it off and come out strong the next game.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#28 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

Brush it off and come out strong the next game.

exactly. no team has ever won 82 games in a season.

when the wings are playing a good game and are winning we ask ourselves: "how do these guys ever lose a game?"
well... this is how it happens. even if they win 60 games this year they will still lose 22. this game was one of those 22.

#29 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:38 PM

Official Game Recap

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#30 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

The 2nd half of the 2nd period and the 3rd period was probably the worst hockey the Wings have played this season. Just terrible.

Howard didn't have a great game, but he was bound to have a bad one eventually- all goalies do.

Also, Zetterberg's worst game this season. Maybe one of his worst ever? He didn't do a lot of things right out there.

Imo Datsyuk, the 4th line and..Ericsson (!) are pretty much the only ones who looked good.

I hate that we lost like this against the Sharks, but they're somewhat desperate for wins already and the Wings are anything but, so it's not a huge deal.

Hopefully we see a better effort next game though.

One more thing: Franzen's goal was beautiful! Or rather, everything that lead up to it. Datsyuk's entrance of the zone in particular. At that point I felt for sure we'd win the game, don't know what happened..

#31 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

Also, Zetterberg's worst game this season. Maybe one of his worst ever? He didn't do a lot of things right out there.

Absolutely have to agree with this. 2 key giveaways that led to 2 of the Sharks' goals. Just a real bad effort on Hank's part and the rest of the team last night. Look for a much different team out there Wednesday (hopefully! Posted Image)

Edited by HankthaTank, 07 December 2010 - 04:56 PM.

#32 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

wings should take a day off and rest

#33 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

Great first period, than the wheels fell off.. Wings will shake this off and rebound next game
IPB Image

#34 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

Absolutely have to agree with this. 2 key giveaways that led to 2 of the Sharks' goals. Just a real bad effort on Hank's part and the rest of the team last night. Look for a much different team out there Wednesday (hopefully! Posted Image)

incredible how much one player effects the whole team

#35 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

Can we please get Hudler the f*** away from our team anytime soon? I'm still having flashbacks of his horrible pinch resulting into the the shorthanded goal. We really should've gave him a 2-way contract..... ugh. Overall, bad game for the Wings. I think after the 2 goals within 8 seconds just really shout us down fast. Wings are normally a solid rebound team and we work hard to get the momentum back quickly but last night we just couldn't get it done.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#36 the_winged_wheel

the_winged_wheel

Prospect

• 41 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:20 PM

These are "schedule losses" nothing more, nothing less. This happens to the wings every year, always has, always will, until the NHL gets there act together and puts Detroit where they belong-Eastern Conference. No Eastern Time zone team out there can play on the west coast for a week, conclude it with 3 games in 4 nights, which includes coming across the country, playing through jet lag, and play a complete 60 min game all within 36 hours. Wings are fine, will win the division, conference, and cup as this team looks to be a clone of the 08 Champs. :champs:

#37 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

These are "schedule losses" nothing more, nothing less. This happens to the wings every year, always has, always will, until the NHL gets there act together and puts Detroit where they belong-Eastern Conference. No Eastern Time zone team out there can play on the west coast for a week, conclude it with 3 games in 4 nights, which includes coming across the country, playing through jet lag, and play a complete 60 min game all within 36 hours. Wings are fine, will win the division, conference, and cup as this team looks to be a clone of the 08 Champs. :champs:

If they come out with this performance home against nashville tomorrow i'll rip someone apart, that loss yesterday, fine if it was just "one of those games", but the bad habits must not continue and they must play better in every part of the game.

Edited by mindfly, 07 December 2010 - 05:28 PM.

#38 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:29 PM

That "blow the whistle rules" need to change, or at least be able to be overturned. Such bulls***.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#39 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,226 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:30 PM

I don't know why people don't get this but they always suck when they have one day off coming back from the West. Experienced it first hand when they played their home opener in last year's first round. Came back from Phoenix with one day off, looked good in the 1st and then slowly imploded.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 07 December 2010 - 05:31 PM.

#40 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:36 PM

I love people on this site who predict that the Wings will lose every game (ie. Mindfly) and then when they do occasionally lose they act like they are the mesiah of hockey predictions !

Hey, a broken clock is right twice a day.