• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/15 GDT: Blues 2 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Almost sounds like it's a question of effort then... why don't we play with the lines a bit to get an energy guy (Cleary for example) with guys like Z and Dats. We certainly need to do something, though it is a long season and we're just over a 1/3 of the way through.

Well, a lot of factors are in play when it comes to questioning a team's effort. I think every team out there either isn't all that good or is trying hard to pace themselves for the playoffs. The Wings are a team that wants a cup every year. Therefore, they really have to pace themselves so they can preserve their bodies and overall energy (physical and mental) for a cup run. So sometimes it's not as if they are not trying hard. I personally believe that overall they're doing their best to balance their present and future goals. Sometimes we have to understand that they're not exactly young and full of energy and exuberance. For example, if that publicity ***** in Pittsburgh has one flaw to his game it's that he's still not sure how to pace himself over an ideal 95+ game season. I don't think anyone in the NHL has a mastery over it but you have to think that a guy like Nick Lidstrom is as good as anybody in the league at pacing himself. And so, from the top down the Wings just have that kind of culture in the locker room. Unfortunately for the fans, it appears to us as if they're not trying hard enough but to me personally, that's a very difficult thing to judge.

Just gotta comment on how much I enjoy Mickey as a color guy. He doesn't say much, he only really makes comments about the game, and likes to kid around. It's the type of person I like going to games with.

I find to many color guys, especially on the Canadians networks, feel like they have to talk all the time and sound smart. It's annoying!

Totally agree. I think most color guys try to force to many words in cause they want to move up. Mickey seems happy just where he is. Im happy where he is too :)

Just gotta comment on how much I enjoy Mickey as a color guy. He doesn't say much, he only really makes comments about the game, and likes to kid around. It's the type of person I like going to games with.

I find to many color guys, especially on the Canadians networks, feel like they have to talk all the time and sound smart. It's annoying!

Amen! It's like watching a game with a buddy. The recent road trip was missing something... after about a period I realized it just didn't seem right without Mick.

Well, a lot of factors are in play when it comes to questioning a team's effort. I think every team out there either isn't all that good or is trying hard to pace themselves for the playoffs. The Wings are a team that wants a cup every year. Therefore, they really have to pace themselves so they can preserve their bodies and overall energy (physical and mental) for a cup run. So sometimes it's not as if they are not trying hard. I personally believe that overall they're doing their best to balance their present and future goals. Sometimes we have to understand that they're not exactly young and full of energy and exuberance. For example, if that publicity ***** in Pittsburgh has one flaw to his game it's that he's still not sure how to pace himself over an ideal 95+ game season. I don't think anyone in the NHL has a mastery over it but you have to think that a guy like Nick Lidstrom is as good as anybody in the league at pacing himself. And so, from the top down the Wings just have that kind of culture in the locker room. Unfortunately for the fans, it appears to us as if they're not trying hard enough but to me personally, that's a very difficult thing to judge.

I'll buy that, to a certain extent. Part of it still comes down to fundamentals like crashing the net, fighting along the boards, etc. The balance issue is difficult b/c if you coast (for lack of a better term) for a game, period, whatever it can be hard to turn it back on.