• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Next Sens GM...Pierre McGuire?!

Rate this topic

As a huge Pierre fan I would be quite torn about this. I would be very happy for him of course and would love to watch him take the helm of my 2nd favourite team and have success, but on the other hand we wouldn't get to see him on TV anymore :(

EDIT: He finished 2nd place on the Minnesota Wild GM job

Edited by T-Ruff

As a huge Pierre fan I would be quite torn about this. I would be very happy for him of course and would love to watch him take the helm of my 2nd favourite team and have success, but on the other hand we wouldn't get to see him on TV anymore :(

EDIT: He finished 2nd place on the Minnesota Wild GM job

you really are a sick, sick, sick individual...

That could be high comedy indeed to see him completely run the Sens into the ground. Better yet, when he does let's have the NHL then relocate them to Kansas City or Seattle.

I think the same could have been said for Stevie when he took over in Tampa. Many people have proclaimed that he would fail just because he didn't have the experience being a GM. Pierre has won two Stanley cups in Pittsburg as an assistant coach and scout. He may be a great GM. I doubt it as well, but he just might be. Gotta give the guy a shot. I wouldn't do it though. :)

If he takes the job, how is he going to handle the conflict between his never ending erection for the Penguins and his allegiance to his new team?

Agreed!

By sending Pittsburgh anyone they want for $1.

I agree if it gets him off TV then I'm all for it. I cant handle hearing him tell the story of the WJC game between Finland and Sweden that he broadcast anymore. Its been 5 years Pierre everyone knows the story!

Pierre is creepy at times. But on the other hand, he knows his stuff. He knows a lot about prospects. He has great connections. I honestly think he'd be one of the better GMs in the league.

that dude is nuttier than a squirrel turd under an oak tree.

Poor Ottawa. Always a bridesmaid, and now they're stuck with an ugly best man.

Echoing others here, at least it will get Pee-air off the broadcasts.

Now, someone find a front office job for Eddie O.

You see as great a coach he thinks he was to the rest of us we know he blew, and continues to blow chunks. Even when he was playing his, "Illustrious," career. I think we are doomed to have him on T.V. for a long while.

Edited by Gordie Howe hat trick

that dude is nuttier than a squirrel turd under an oak tree.

Every announcer in any sport is captain obvious and will defend their team to the death. There are people out there that say that Ken and Mick are nuttier than a squirrel turd under an oak tree when they hear their announcing on Gamecenter Live. I could say the same thing about a number of annnouncers and color commentators.

Point is that every home fan is going to relate to their home announcers.

Pierre favors Pittsburg? Please. Thats about as lame as the arguments I heard that ESPN favors the Avalanche back in the days when Detroit and Colorado were duking it out just because they paid a couple compliments to them. I favor Ken and Mick too, but I am not expecting every other announcing team to favor the Red Wings.