2011 possible deadline trades?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 wingnut09

wingnut09

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

I really haven't heard any rumblings involving the red wings in sone trade talks. But I got a feeling Holland has an ALL OR NOTHING stance this year so I think he's gonna be looking to make some deals. Any ideas who he may look to bring in and who he REALISTICALLY may ship out.

#2 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:35 PM

I feel the complete opposite of you.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#3 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

I think that he'll make a push for a decent acquisition (perhaps a blue liner?) this year, while Lidstrom is still around, but I don't think he'll break the bank for it. It'll be like the case of Stuart, where if someone good is available for a decent price he'll jump on it.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#4 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

Rumor is the Caps are looking to move Semin, just throwing this out there maybe add some more scoring to the Wings, Caps only have 3 Centers on the starting roster (Backstrom,Laich,Steckel) and goaltending is not the greatest, along with the D.

To Wings- Alexander Semin

To Caps- Jiri Hudler,Daniel Larsson,Jonathan Ericcson and a prospect or picks

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Semin-Filppula-Franzen
Bertuzzi-Cleary-Miller
Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

Lidstrom-Kronwall
Stuart-Rafalski
Salei-Kindl/Janik

Lets not get crazy its just an idea, the Caps are rumored to not resigning Semin, so im sure they dont want to lose him for nothing and they might get better offers, but Ken Holland might be able to work some magic.

The players ive heard the Wings are interested in are (radio and websites)

Ruutu(OTT)
Semin(WAS)
Setoguchi(SJ)
Moulson(NYI) probably not after the whole Nabokov thing lol
Staios(CGY)
Bergfors(ATL)

#5 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

would love Semin but not at that 6 mill cap hit...maybe in the offseason?

get him for around 4 mill?

:D
be about it!

#6 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

would love Semin but not at that 6 mill cap hit...maybe in the offseason?

get him for around 4 mill?

:D

Agreed the Cap hit is high, but im pretty sure he is a RFA and we all know were probably going to trade players before giving up a bunch of picks

#7 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

Rumor is the Caps are looking to move Semin, just throwing this out there maybe add some more scoring to the Wings, Caps only have 3 Centers on the starting roster (Backstrom,Laich,Steckel) and goaltending is not the greatest, along with the D.

To Wings- Alexander Semin

To Caps- Jiri Hudler,Daniel Larsson,Jonathan Ericcson and a prospect or picks

Semin-Filppula-Franzen
Bertuzzi-Cleary-Miller
Eaves-Abdelkader-Helm

Lidstrom-Kronwall
Stuart-Rafalski
Salei-Kindl/Janik

Lets not get crazy its just an idea, the Caps are rumored to not resigning Semin, so im sure they dont want to lose him for nothing and they might get better offers, but Ken Holland might be able to work some magic.

I doubt this goes down. Firstly, I would think the Caps would keep him for a Cup run. Secondly, the Wings would NOT give up Hudler, Ericsson and Larsson plus a draft pick for a rental who most likely wont re-sign for a discount and will likely wind up somewhere like New York or LA. Finally, giving up two roster players for one doesn't fit Hollands track record. The guy is all about depth. Hudler and Ericsson have been in deep playoff runs. I think the Wings offense is pretty darn good. Holland's targets should be another D man and possibly a backup goalie is Osgood isnt ready.
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

#8 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

Agreed the Cap hit is high, but im pretty sure he is a RFA and we all know were probably going to trade players before giving up a bunch of picks

nope he's a UFA so we do actually have a shot at landing him in the offseason for a cheaper price tag...but who knows what Kenny has up his sleeve
be about it!

#9 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

depth defense/vet goalie

thats the typical guess based on seasons past.
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#10 GOBLUE1892

GOBLUE1892

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:31 AM

The Capitals signed forward Alexander Semin to a one-year extension, the team announced Thursday. Sources tells ESPN.com the deal is worth $6.7 million - ESPN Report

#11 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

The players ive heard the Wings are interested in are (radio and websites)

Ruutu(OTT)
Semin(WAS)
Setoguchi(SJ)
Moulson(NYI) probably not after the whole Nabokov thing lol
Staios(CGY)
Bergfors(ATL)
[/quote]

I don't think that any of those players would really help us besides Semin.

I would kill to get Semin. I would think there would be interest in Neil as well if they were to trade any of the depth guys. Though I wouldn't imagine that we would be willing to trade the players to make that happen.

The Cap price actually is doable with our cap situation for this year. next year might be a different story at 6.7 million.

I doubt he would go anywhere now.

I would be more than willing to give them Hudler, Emmerton, Miller, Bertuzzi, and up to two first round draft pick from him. He would be a perfect Winger on the second line with Eaves and vFil.

However, the signing for one year clearly shows that they are going for the cup this year and will move him in the offseason to a team like LA.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#12 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 03:11 AM

Cory Sarich from the Flames i think you would be a great fit at 6'4 210LBS and size and a right handed shot

Lidstrom-Kronwall
Rafalski-Stuart
Ericcson-Sarich
Salei

#13 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

Eric Lindros is coming to the wings.
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#14 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Mike Modano coming back from injury will be our deadline acquisition. We play this game every year.

#15 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:00 AM

Dont't forget Stuart. This guy will be another trade deadline acquisition for the second time.

#16 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:51 PM

I don't expect anything, but i'd love to see Matt Carkner here.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#17 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

What about this as a possible trade idea , The leafs have 3 goalies right now and more then likely will try and move one of them , they also do not have a top line center which is defintly hurting Kessel's play, the Leafs also don't have a first round pick this year and i know the Wings aren't a team that usually deals picks but how about this.

To TOR- Jiri Hudler,1st Round Pick,Patrick Eaves, maybe a 3rd or 4th Round Pick if needed

To DET- Nikolai Kulemin,Jonas Gustavsson

Gustavsson has had a rough season so far, but he doesn't have a very good team infront of him, i think playing with a far better D infront of him he may be able to shine, Kulemin is 24 and a slick player so trading a 1st round pick for a younger player I dont see as to much of a loss. Giving them Hudler I realize he is not a top line Center but on that team he is and who knows playing in a smaller not as rough Eastern Conf. might help his game out,Eaves is Burke kind of player NOT euro, like to hit , goes in the corners and can chip in scoring.

Franzen-Filppula-Kulemin
Bertuzzi-Modano-Cleary
Miller-Abdelkader-Helm
Draper

Howard
Gustavsson

Edited by king_malice, 07 February 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#18 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Mike Modano coming back from injury will be our deadline acquisition. We play this game every year.

"*INSERT RETURNING INURED PLAYER'S NAME HERE* we'll be our deadline acquisition"
Posted Image

#19 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:57 PM

Our team has so many great prospects and so little cap, to suggest we are going to add to the team at their expense is far fetched. I would love Hudler and some picks to disappear if it would make us better, I just can't see how that would happen.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#20 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:12 PM

I think that he'll make a push for a decent acquisition (perhaps a blue liner?) this year, while Lidstrom is still around, but I don't think he'll break the bank for it. It'll be like the case of Stuart, where if someone good is available for a decent price he'll jump on it.

I love your AVATAR!

What about this as a possible trade idea , The leafs have 3 goalies right now and more then likely will try and move one of them , they also do not have a top line center which is defintly hurting Kessel's play, the Leafs also don't have a first round pick this year and i know the Wings aren't a team that usually deals picks but how about this.

To TOR- Jiri Hudler,1st Round Pick,Patrick Eaves, maybe a 3rd or 4th Round Pick if needed

To DET- Nikolai Kulemin,Jonas Gustavsson

Gustavsson has had a rough season so far, but he doesn't have a very good team infront of him, i think playing with a far better D infront of him he may be able to shine, Kulemin is 24 and a slick player so trading a 1st round pick for a younger player I dont see as to much of a loss. Giving them Hudler I realize he is not a top line Center but on that team he is and who knows playing in a smaller not as rough Eastern Conf. might help his game out,Eaves is Burke kind of player NOT euro, like to hit , goes in the corners and can chip in scoring.

Franzen-Filppula-Kulemin
Bertuzzi-Modano-Cleary
Miller-Abdelkader-Helm
Draper

Howard
Gustavsson

I wouldn't move Eaves, I think he has the potential to be a 20 goal 40-50pt guy that we can sign for a couple million long term. Plus he is pretty gritty and a good PKer. Think Cleary 2.0

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.