• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blueliner

Who will Pittsburgh go after?

Rate this topic

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With Malkin likely being out for the year and a lot of cap space available, which player(s) do you think Pittsburgh will get as a rental for the rest of the year? I didn't include players like Brad Richards and Joe Thornton because there is pretty much no chance they're going anywhere. I didn't include Iginla because he still has a couple years left on his contract and they Pens wouldn't be able to have him next year. What do you think?

I can see them going for Kovalev. He has played there in the past and with his skillset can do some damage when he wants too. Ottawa are also going to be sellers at the deadline and Pitty will want to do their best to gear up for a big run to the cup

Hmm. Arnott would be a great choice. Veteran center who could play #2 or #3, depending on where they peg Staal. What would he cost? Langenbrunner-like trade (conditional 3rd pick) plus a mid level prospect?

With Malkin's large cap hit off the books they could pick up Kovalev too at probably a pretty cheap price, probably les than the Ponikarovsky trade last year (Luca Caputi like prospect).

If they could trade Dustin Jeffery, a 2nd, and another pick or mid level prospect for Arnott and Kovalev they should definetly do it. Kovalev, if he doesn't bold for the KHL, could sign on the cheap next year and could be more driven playing in a familiar, contending team where he's just a complimentary piece. Low risk, high reward player who could put up a point per game next to Crosby. Arnott provides Cup experiance, grit, offense, and leadership to a young team. For what h should cost it is a win-win.

That said, my heart hopes they trade Goligoski, Tangradi, Dan Bylsma and Mario Lemieux to Florida for Rostislav Olesz, Bryan McCabe,

Edited by achildr1

The question is, who are the Wings gonna go after for the run? Oh wait, we have the proverbial <players name> coming back from injury is our trade deadline acquisition...

...lets hope it works this year! I would like to see the Wings trade for Vokoun. Pitts will get Crysby back, so they probably won't trade for anyone...

Edited by LeftWinger

The question is, who are the Wings gonna go after for the run? Oh wait, we have the proverbial <players name> coming back from injury is our trade deadline acquisition...

...lets hope it works this year! I would like to see the Wings trade for Vokoun. Pitts will get Crysby back, so they probably won't trade for anyone...

Wings aren't much of a threat without a goalie.

Wings aren't much of a threat without a goalie.

The goalie situation is driving me nuts. Howard as we all know IS an incredible goalie but OMG has he picked the wrong time for a looonng funk, I really hope that the Wings dont turn there back on Howard and I hope none of you do either! This team does need a goalie but it's a solid #2. I saw something on here awhile ago that had Conklin's name on it as our pickup and Ill tell ya that'd be fine by me! Because going into every game I know deep down that whomever is in net at that time has the skills to deliver what I want to see, and besides Howard/Conklin looks good to me.

Edited by 13dangledangle