• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:07 PM

I know we all check mlive regularly here, so i'll get straight to the point. Franzen tells mlive that it doesnt help when the goalies (steve mason and pekke rinne) both played games of their lives and this is what caused the scoring drought. I feel this, firstly, isn't the way to approach the public on the subject. I feel like he should've worded it just alittle more friendly to the eyes because it can be taken out of context quite easily. Now, do you feel like this was the biggest contributing factors? I feel like Franzen is almost being confident to the point of cockiness but i like it.

Edited by evilzyme, 07 February 2011 - 12:29 PM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#2 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

The actual quote would be nice.

Posted Image

#3 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

Frazen??? Come on man. How does that even happen? And three times, nonetheless.

#4 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

here ya go....

"Maybe we have to play a goalie that’s not playing the game of their lives, like what’s happened the last two games," Franzen said. "They’ve been unbelievable, so you got to give a lot of credit to them."

LINK

#5 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

Who is this Frazen character you speak of? So many Swedes in the system, I didn't even know we got a new one! :ph34r:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#6 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

Who is this Frazen character you speak of? So many Swedes in the system, I didn't even know we got a new one! :ph34r:

He's an old buddy of Federov. :ph34r:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#7 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:17 PM

But he wanted to get to the point...by not posting the quote :P
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#8 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

He just sounds frustrated, that's all. Did Mason and Rinne have great games? Sure, but the Wings also played uninspired and crappy.

#9 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:21 PM

I think what he really means is that the logos on those goalies jerseys played the games of their lives..

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#10 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

Sorry guys, my laptop is down for the count so i couldn't post the link and actual quote. Doing this via my phone.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#11 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

It's much easier for a goalie to have the game of their lives when they don't have to face many second chances, screened shots or players taking the puck to the net hard.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#12 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:30 PM

The goalies weren't THAT great, really. Solid, but not out of their minds.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#13 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:47 PM

I call a hatty for The Mule tonitePosted Image
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#14 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

Honestly every goalie and team for that matter plays game of their lives against wings... It's always been that way. Every team in league gets up to play the wings as they are always the cream of the crop.... It's nothing new. Look at how every road game wings sellout it's not a fluke, the wings bring out the best in every team all the time.

#15 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

It's much easier for a goalie to have the game of their lives when they don't have to face many second chances, screened shots or players taking the puck to the net hard.

exactly. and the wings have a tendancy to take WAY too many shots from the outside. they're at their best when Dats and Z spread out in the offensive zone one in each faceoff circle and sizzle one timers and get the goalie moving. the wings take too many shots with the goalie ready and square. they need to put more emphasis on getting the goalie moving back and forth and getting teams chasing them. like when they smashed colorado in 4 games in the '08 cup run. lately they've looked like the team that lost to the ducks with shoulder pad fortress giggy and the lackluster effort against the oilers in '06.

if Dats comes back tonight, him and Z combine for 7 points and the media's back on the red wagon.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#16 weGotTheCup89

weGotTheCup89

This is for the Wings fans!

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

Frazen - the past tense of frozen
Q: Of all the individual trophies you have not won, which one would you most like to win?
Datsyuk: I have so many of them that I haven't won. I think I would most like to win a trophy to the best goaltending duo.

#17 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

Didn't the Wings miss a lot of open nets as well and hit the posts a lot? Heartless, sloppy, and dumb plays are the reason the Wings are not scoring.

#18 Earthhuman

Earthhuman

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:05 PM

It sounds to me like he puts losses that are behind him, behind him, and he's complimenting the goalies on their shutouts. Maybe his intonation tells a different story, but I see it as a case of good sportsmanship.

#19 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

exactly. and the wings have a tendancy to take WAY too many shots from the outside. they're at their best when Dats and Z spread out in the offensive zone one in each faceoff circle and sizzle one timers and get the goalie moving. the wings take too many shots with the goalie ready and square. they need to put more emphasis on getting the goalie moving back and forth and getting teams chasing them. like when they smashed colorado in 4 games in the '08 cup run. lately they've looked like the team that lost to the ducks with shoulder pad fortress giggy and the lackluster effort against the oilers in '06.

if Dats comes back tonight, him and Z combine for 7 points and the media's back on the red wagon.

Agreed to all of the above, and it's probably more evidence that the Team Thing isn't much of a priority right now. I'd like to think it's because they all feel overburdened by what's happening and that they need to do more on their own. Au Contraire. You gotta go with the shtick that got you to where you were really good. TEAMWORK.

I want to think that when Datsyuk AND Homer are back on the ice we'll get more screens, traffic, and general physical insanity around the bad guy's net. Meanwhile Bert especially needs to be there more. So far it's mostly Cleary and some Franzen...

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#20 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:34 PM

"Oh Baxter, your so wise..."