• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilzyme

Frazen getting vocal about scoring drought

Rate this topic

I know we all check mlive regularly here, so i'll get straight to the point. Franzen tells mlive that it doesnt help when the goalies (steve mason and pekke rinne) both played games of their lives and this is what caused the scoring drought. I feel this, firstly, isn't the way to approach the public on the subject. I feel like he should've worded it just alittle more friendly to the eyes because it can be taken out of context quite easily. Now, do you feel like this was the biggest contributing factors? I feel like Franzen is almost being confident to the point of cockiness but i like it.

Edited by evilzyme

The actual quote would be nice.

here ya go....

"Maybe we have to play a goalie that’s not playing the game of their lives, like what’s happened the last two games," Franzen said. "They’ve been unbelievable, so you got to give a lot of credit to them."

LINK

Honestly every goalie and team for that matter plays game of their lives against wings... It's always been that way. Every team in league gets up to play the wings as they are always the cream of the crop.... It's nothing new. Look at how every road game wings sellout it's not a fluke, the wings bring out the best in every team all the time.

It's much easier for a goalie to have the game of their lives when they don't have to face many second chances, screened shots or players taking the puck to the net hard.

exactly. and the wings have a tendancy to take WAY too many shots from the outside. they're at their best when Dats and Z spread out in the offensive zone one in each faceoff circle and sizzle one timers and get the goalie moving. the wings take too many shots with the goalie ready and square. they need to put more emphasis on getting the goalie moving back and forth and getting teams chasing them. like when they smashed colorado in 4 games in the '08 cup run. lately they've looked like the team that lost to the ducks with shoulder pad fortress giggy and the lackluster effort against the oilers in '06.

if Dats comes back tonight, him and Z combine for 7 points and the media's back on the red wagon.

It sounds to me like he puts losses that are behind him, behind him, and he's complimenting the goalies on their shutouts. Maybe his intonation tells a different story, but I see it as a case of good sportsmanship.

exactly. and the wings have a tendancy to take WAY too many shots from the outside. they're at their best when Dats and Z spread out in the offensive zone one in each faceoff circle and sizzle one timers and get the goalie moving. the wings take too many shots with the goalie ready and square. they need to put more emphasis on getting the goalie moving back and forth and getting teams chasing them. like when they smashed colorado in 4 games in the '08 cup run. lately they've looked like the team that lost to the ducks with shoulder pad fortress giggy and the lackluster effort against the oilers in '06.

if Dats comes back tonight, him and Z combine for 7 points and the media's back on the red wagon.

Agreed to all of the above, and it's probably more evidence that the Team Thing isn't much of a priority right now. I'd like to think it's because they all feel overburdened by what's happening and that they need to do more on their own. Au Contraire. You gotta go with the shtick that got you to where you were really good. TEAMWORK.

I want to think that when Datsyuk AND Homer are back on the ice we'll get more screens, traffic, and general physical insanity around the bad guy's net. Meanwhile Bert especially needs to be there more. So far it's mostly Cleary and some Franzen...