• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsdiehard13

The Dreger Report

Rate this topic

Personally, I think Kenny doesn't hold anything against Snow for claiming Nabakov (I'm assuming that's what you were implying).

I agree. Kenny is a great businessman, and that was just business. You can't let your emotions interfere in business matters, or you won't get too far.

Stuart will be back in couple of weeks - he will be our trade deadline addition...

But, if we can get Carkner from Sens, that would be HUGE upgrade...

OK, Jakub Kindl and Jiri Hudler for Joe Corvo. Then somehow get Wisneiwski...

I too would love to see Vokoun here, BUT he makes over $5M, it would cost us dearly to clear that much cap space!

I like Corvo but there is no way I would trade Kindl for him.

Wiz isn't going anywhere - HABS are in love with his -18 (or something)...

Holland should trade for Carkner or Mart Stuart (Bruins)...

Stuart will be back in couple of weeks - he will be our trade deadline addition...

But, if we can get Carkner from Sens, that would be HUGE upgrade...

I like Corvo but there is no way I would trade Kindl for him.

Wiz isn't going anywhere - HABS are in love with his -18 (or something)...

Holland should trade for Carkner or Mart Stuart (Bruins)...

Haven't seen Carkner play much but he's been a healthy scratch on more than several occasions this year. Was that just to get some offense or is he not that great?

Haven't seen Carkner play much but he's been a healthy scratch on more than several occasions this year. Was that just to get some offense or is he not that great?

Carkner isn't exactly Paul Coffey in 1995 but he's a good back up just in case we lose a D man like in the past.

Well he played so far 45 games... isn't that bad?! He's stay at home DEF, who blocks shots, hits, fights... Imagine Ericsson and Carkner as 3rd par of D... NICE

Detroit needs a defenceman that knows his damn role. We have a bunch of guys trying to play all offensive when they shouldn't.

Salei is doing too much with the puck and Kindl is not strong defensively at all.

Improving our D should start with moving Kindl, he has some nice hands but he makes too many mistakes and is bad in his end.

Chris Phillips would be great. He and Salei could really be a great bottom pairing and allow a lot of option for line matching. I bet the defence wnot improve and we will finally see some new blood on this team. Bye bye Kindl or bbye bye Hudler

Yes. Matt Carkner - definitely a HUGE upgrade.

How is he defensively? I see he can fight, stick up for his teammates and rack up some PIMs, but I don't want a pylon out there. The cap hit definitely favor us, trade Hudler and Kindl for Carkner and Neil. Of course if the pot needed to be sweetened, Holland could do it...

How is he defensively? I see he can fight, stick up for his teammates and rack up some PIMs, but I don't want a pylon out there. The cap hit definitely favor us, trade Hudler and Kindl for Carkner and Neil. Of course if the pot needed to be sweetened, Holland could do it...

that would be a dream

Good read

In reply to the article though - I don't think Holland will be dealing with the Islanders anytime soon, unless the deal HEAVILY favors Detroit and Martinek for a 2nd sure as hell isn't that...

Might as well throw in Nabby in the deal then... they owe him to Detroit anyway

Better than Ericsson, Salei or Kindl...

Better than Ericsson, Salei or Kindl...

Yup he isn't much better then Salei but he is a bit better I would say. Its because he doesn't play a risky game, just makes the smart play and will put anyone in the league on their ass anywhere near the goalie.

I think come playoff time he could help out a lot actually. Thats if Ottawa even wants to give him up, the deal he is on with his talent level and his toughness.

I would want Phillips first but Carkner would be a good addition on the backend. Some meanness would rub off on Ericcson too and he always plays his best when he is playing mean.

If the Wings keep playing like they did tonight, there's really no need for moves with Stuart looking at coming back in a week and Modano in 2-3 weeks.

The main problem in trading is that you usually have to give up something of equal value at the time, regardless of the potential. Hudler has been in every damn thread we have proposing trades, yet he played a pivotal role in the win tonight with some very strong passing, forechecking, and scoring.

I like every player we have on the team when they're playing their game like they were tonight. Even Rafalski who I usually rag on had a good game.

Then again while I don't know Mr. Holland's take on most things, I'd assume that he and I are of pretty similar minds on this subject.

If the Wings keep playing like they did tonight, there's really no need for moves with Stuart looking at coming back in a week and Modano in 2-3 weeks.

The main problem in trading is that you usually have to give up something of equal value at the time, regardless of the potential. Hudler has been in every damn thread we have proposing trades, yet he played a pivotal role in the win tonight with some very strong passing, forechecking, and scoring.

I like every player we have on the team when they're playing their game like they were tonight. Even Rafalski who I usually rag on had a good game.

Then again while I don't know Mr. Holland's take on most things, I'd assume that he and I are of pretty similar minds on this subject.

Good Point.. Better trade him before he goes back to himself....

He's riding a high right now, can't argue that... But he will become invisible again...

If you can get rid of him and his contract... Id say you should consider it.

Good Point.. Better trade him before he goes back to himself....

He's riding a high right now, can't argue that... But he will become invisible again...

If you can get rid of him and his contract... Id say you should consider it.

so if he goes invisible, that means so will Datsyuk and Cleary. I just don't see that happening, hes found some good chemistry right now, and hes proved hes a 60-70 point guy in the past, maybe it just actually took this long to get going again from the transition from KHL to NHL.

so if he goes invisible, that means so will Datsyuk and Cleary. I just don't see that happening, hes found some good chemistry right now, and hes proved hes a 60-70 point guy in the past, maybe it just actually took this long to get going again from the transition from KHL to NHL.

That doesn't mean Datsyuk and Cleary will go unnoticed. They have put up points throughout the year while not playing with Hudler. Those two will continue to do their thing while Hudler will slow down, if he does again.

That would be a god aweful trade.