• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

4/10 GDT: Red Wings 4 at Blackhawks 3

Rate this topic

He had one and a half bad plays that I saw. Otherwise he played solidly.

And played the second most minutes of anyone on the team, behind Brad Stuart.

Seriously, he was essentially the #2 defenseman today in a clutch game and played solidly. Exactly what expectations do people here have for the guy?

Edited by haroldsnepsts

And played the second most minutes of anyone on the team, behind Brad Stuart.

Seriously, he was essentially the #2 defenseman today in a clutch game and played solidly. Exactly what expectations do people here have for the guy?

Be a bigger Lidstrom?

Anyone notice Modano only played 10 shifts for a total of 6 minutes? I don't remember seeing him get one shift in the 3rd. I realize they recruited him to come be part of a long playoff run. But if Babcock doesn't trust him at all, isn't he better served being scratched and letting Eaves play? At least Eaves grinds out the play down low and can kill penalties. If/when Zetterberg is healthy, then you take out whomever isn't contributing out of Draper/Miller/Eaves.

Wrong. If a Hawks fan posted that here, they'd get suspended. If they weren't long-standing members, they'd be banned.

If it's in something like the Photoshop War thread it's fair game.... That's the intention of the thread, after all. (Within good taste, of course.) But, yes. If it was a 'Hawk fan or some other fan image-spamming a random thread then yes, they'd be banished as vladdy indicated.

I'd highly suggest not flaunting trolling on other forums and bragging/posting about it here -- it will get you suspended here as well. (Neither the mods, nor myself, want to be the ones to clean up the mess when the opposing fans pay a visit for 'retribution'.) That has been one of the oldest rules on this board.

Where are all the suicidal sallys from the last thread? Don't worry, there's plenty of room back on the bandwagon.

Come on Dallas, get a regulation or overtime win!!!

Guess I am glad I missed the last game/thread then.

Where are all the suicidal sallys from the last thread? Don't worry, there's plenty of room back on the bandwagon.

Come on Dallas, get a regulation or overtime win!!!

Don't start that s***. There has never been a bandwagon on this board. Everyone here is a Wings fan who wants to see them win. No one would take their time to post here otherwise.

I'm sure Crymson and Nightfall don't need your help with posts like these.

Me and many others have gotten carried away here before, but I don't think any of us honestly want to see the Wings fail, just to prove that we're right. I'd much rather be wrong, like I was today.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Don't start that s***. There has never been a bandwagon on this board. Everyone here is a Wings fan who wants to see them win. No one would take their time to post here otherwise.

Me and many others have gotten carried away here before, but I don't think any of us honestly want to see the Wings fail, just to prove that we're right. I'd much rather be wrong, like I was today.

:clap:

Guest Crymson

If it's in something like the Photoshop War thread it's fair game.... That's the intention of the thread, after all. (Within good taste, of course.) But, yes. If it was a 'Hawk fan or some other fan image-spamming a random thread then yes, they'd be banished as vladdy indicated.

I'd highly suggest not flaunting trolling on other forums and bragging/posting about it here -- it will get you suspended here as well. (Neither the mods, nor myself, want to be the ones to clean up the mess when the opposing fans pay a visit for 'retribution'.) That has been one of the oldest rules on this board.

I got myself suspended from the Hawks` subforum on HF boards two weeks ago...

... for calling out the refs.

Here's the message from the forum's moderator, tellingly named "Blackhawkswincup":

Because of your actions in our GDT last night I have decided to ban you from our forum for a short duration (3 months)

You trolled and caused upheaval within our GDT and that just can not be tolerated

Good game by the boys. No Zetterberg, no Kronwall... no problem. Howard played great. He was very solid. Bertuzzi, Cleary and Datsyuk all had excellent games. I just wish that Datsyuk had scored on that danglefest, as it would have been goal of the year for sure.

I got myself suspended from the Hawks` subforum on HF boards two weeks ago...

... for calling out the refs.

Here's the message from the forum's moderator, tellingly named "Blackhawkswincup":

Good game by the boys. No Zetterberg, no Kronwall... no problem. Howard played great. He was very solid. Bertuzzi, Cleary and Datsyuk all had excellent games. I just wish that Datsyuk had scored on that danglefest, as it would have been goal of the year for sure.

LOL.

I bet there's some "upheaval" in their GDT right about.......NOW!

LOL.

I bet there's some "upheaval" in their GDT right about.......NOW!

Haha, they better find the cup and get some more pictures taken with it because they might only be the champs for about 4 more hours !

Haha, they better find the cup and get some more pictures taken with it because they might only be the champs for about 4 more hours !

So when does a cup champ surrender the cup to the NHL? At the start of the play-offs? Never really thought about that.

There's a massive bandwagon on this board. Wishing the Wings lose and wishing they lose in the first round is so overly dramatic. If you say crap like that, don't be a pissy Polly when someone calls you out for being a bandwagon fan.

Some of my favorite posters are bandwagon and fair weather fans on this site. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Great post worth quoting again.

Maybe we should start a subforum for people who want to analyze other members level of true fandom, so those of us who actually want to talk hockey can do that freely in the GDT.

There's a massive bandwagon on this board. Wishing the Wings lose and wishing they lose in the first round is so overly dramatic. If you say crap like that, don't be a pissy Polly when someone calls you out for being a bandwagon fan.

Some of my favorite posters are bandwagon and fair weather fans on this site. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

minus.png

So when does a cup champ surrender the cup to the NHL? At the start of the play-offs? Never really thought about that.

I always thought they turn it over before the season starts, when the last guy on the team has had his day with the Cup.

But I guess I just assumed it. I've not heard the details.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

I have seen people predict the wings will lose but that's different from WISHING they'd lose. I have predicted a 2nd round exit, and lately a 1st round exit based on how they've been playing.

It doesn't make me a fairweather fan, just a realistic fan. I have not seen anyone on here actually wish and hope the wings lose. That's just ridiculous.

Anyone notice Modano only played 10 shifts for a total of 6 minutes? I don't remember seeing him get one shift in the 3rd. I realize they recruited him to come be part of a long playoff run. But if Babcock doesn't trust him at all, isn't he better served being scratched and letting Eaves play? At least Eaves grinds out the play down low and can kill penalties. If/when Zetterberg is healthy, then you take out whomever isn't contributing out of Draper/Miller/Eaves.

There was a play in the 2nd period where Modano did a blind drop pass in the middle of his own zone, right in front of Howard, that lead to a turnover and almost a scoring opportunity. That alone deserves a bench, especially when you've been in the league for 2 decades.

We don't need any more defensive liabilities on this team.

Great post worth quoting again.

Maybe we should start a subforum for people who want to analyze other members level of true fandom, so those of us who actually want to talk hockey can do that freely in the GDT.

Only a bandwagon fan would say some s*** like that. :P

esteef