Johan Franzen (ankle) will not play, Chris Osgood (groin) out

On Deck
If Necessary
WC Quarter-Finals: Game 7
5/12, Red Wings at Sharks ; 9:00 PM EST

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Per MLive -

Franzen's status for Game 6 still murky; Modano waiting in wings

DETROIT -- If Johan Franzen's gimpy left ankle prevents him from playing on Tuesday, the Detroit Red Wings have some fresh legs waiting in the wings.

Franzen's status for Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals against the San Jose Sharks remains in doubt. If he can't play, coach Mike Babcock said Mike Modano will make his series debut.

"I'm not going to worry about that much,'' Babcock said Monday at Metro Airport, after the team flew home from San Jose. "We'll see what happens. If he's not ready to go, we'll put Modano in."

Franzen didn't play in the third period of his team's 4-3 win on Sunday after tweaking the ankle that he originally injured in Game 2 in the first round against Phoenix.

Franzen has no points in this series and hasn't been able to skate like he normally does.

“He has to be better than he was (Sunday) because he wasn't able to finish the game,'' general manager Ken Holland said. "Modano is chomping at the bit."

Babcock has decided to use Modano instead of Jiri Hudler, a healthy scratch in Game 5. after failing to register a point in the first four games. Modano's only playoff appearance this season was in Game 4 against Phoenix, when Franzen couldn't play.

“If that's the case (Franzen can't play), Mo's got a lot of experience,'' Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom said. “When he had a chance to play in Phoenix, I thought he played real well. He had a lot of jump, he used his speed, and if he's in, that's what we expect from him.''

Holy crap, anybody see the betting lines for this game? Detroit favored by a goal and a half- HUGE. Total score over/under is 5.5, so looks like Vegas likes a 4-2 victory.

Holy crap, anybody see the betting lines for this game? Detroit favored by a goal and a half- HUGE. Total score over/under is 5.5, so looks like Vegas likes a 4-2 victory.

I hate betting lines.

That said 4-3 Lids hat trick, Helm short handed GWG and we'll see the best KRONWALLING of the series :D (damn I still get goosebumps from seein the game three Kronwalling in person. At least me and my friend had our heads up and saw it coming!)

Edit: oh yeah those of you at the Joe with us be loud I know we will be losing our voices again :D

Edited by sandyeggo wingnut

Well if the bookies say we win it then we do. Even money would be crazy, half a point would be nuts, a goal and a half is insanity!!!!!

They are giving the sharks 2.5:1 and the Wings 1:2.15. Im glad Im not in a town that has sports books cause Id be hedging some big money for Game 6.

Asked mom earlier if the Wings got this one and she said, " I dunno but the angels are on the ice for them."

If she says another miracle is coming, you guys should listen.

Prediction 1: This game will have an empty netter

Prediction 2: (from dad) 1:40 left we go on the PK up 3-2 and Helm gets a break away goal

Prediction 3: The 4th line or the players on that line will get the most TOI they have in this series.

Prediction 4: This is gonna be one helluva game

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

I hate betting lines.

That said 4-3 Lids hat trick, Helm short handed GWG and we'll see the best KRONWALLING of the series :D (damn I still get goosebumps from seein the game three Kronwalling in person. At least me and my friend had our heads up and saw it coming!)

Edit: oh yeah those of you at the Joe with us be loud I know we will be losing our voices again :D

Just curious, where did you get your tickets & for how much? I really would love to go but the cheapest i found were on stubhub for 92$ ???

Just curious, where did you get your tickets & for how much? I really would love to go but the cheapest i found were on stubhub for 92$ ???

I would go with those. It is well worth the money. I would get them and fly up there for this game if I weren't in Kuwait for 8 more days. Here's to them winning so I can go to a game when I get back.

^ I know! I would for myself, but the problem is.. none of my girl friends are big hockey/RW fans and they wouldnt pay that much for seats.. and I've heard its not a good idea for a 19 year old female to go to a sports game alone, for some reason? lol

Season ticket holder and you don't wanna know lol

Of courseee youre a season ticket holder lol.. maybe I can find a ticket a little cheaper tomorrow, and I'll be losing my voice with the rest of the fans in no time :)

Lets go wings!!!! We were the only team to sweep last round, lets be the only ones taking it to Game 7 this round. History continues..

Edited by LadyInRed

I just looked at Stub Hub, unless a dollar is worth more in MI than CA (which it may very well be) I would give a lefty for up close tickets for a Game 6. I paid 280 X2 for row 12 Game 1 tix. If I knew you Id wire you the cash so you could see the Wings at the Joe.

Imagine me wanting to see them at home at it costing well over a grand a ticket after airfare and hotel plus tix and food, car ect

If you can do it, do it!!`Nothing like wearing Red during the Playoffs against who I believe to be the new Avs rivalry.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

I just looked at Stub Hub, unless a dollar is worth more in MI than CA (which it may very well be) I would give a lefty for up close tickets for a Game 6. I paid 280 X2 for row 12 Game 1 tix. If I knew you Id wire you the cash so you could see the Wings at the Joe.

Imagine me wanting to see them at home at it costing well over a grand a ticket after airfare and hotel plus tix and food, car ect

If you can do it, do it!!`Nothing like wearing Red during the Playoffs against who I believe to be the new Avs rivalry.

Aw, I appreciate the thought anyway. heres hoping I find someone to take that is willing to spend the same amount as I am, and if not.. i'll find a way :D

You're hanging around the wrong girls my dear if they aren't wings fans ;)

I cannot believe that you do not know a guy that wouldn't be willing to spend 100 to go to a game six. Sheesh kids nowadays lmao.

(and full disclosure *I* am not the season ticket holder a buddy and I lucked out he can not go lmao)

Looking forward to another exciting game. Every game has been intense and this will be no different. No lead is safe for either team. Personally I hope the wings do NOT put Modano in. He has been a Shark killer his entire career. Countless huge goals against us with the stars. Regardless, can't wait for the puck to drop. Enjoy.

Looking forward to another exciting game. Every game has been intense and this will be no different. No lead is safe for either team. Personally I hope the wings do NOT put Modano in. He has been a Shark killer his entire career. Countless huge goals against us with the stars. Regardless, can't wait for the puck to drop. Enjoy.

3:1 Mo is on the 3rd line. That is because a mule cant kick with one leg.

And as my prediction 4 said.... This is gonna be one helluva game.

Cleary's going to go nuts in this game. I wouldn't be surprised by a goal and an assist on a Zetterberg goal. Also, Bert has had a helluva under-appreciated series. There's been times when he looks like the best player on the ice, absorbing huge hits and bringing the puck into the offensive zone.

4-2 sounds just about right- Z, Cleary, Rafalski and Draper with the retro-shorty.

Also, that Rafalski goal is going to end the series for all intents and purposes. His shots have all been blocked in every game so far but San Jose is going to be ridiculously concerned with stopping us in the neutral zone, especially after we net two in the first. One mistake, and a drop pass will be wide open. He'll net the GWG high on the glove side after a nice feed from Bert and completely get in Neimi's head.

With all the talk I've heard about Modano being a Shark killer, I don't see how you don't play him, even if it's just to get into their heads a little. If he's on the ice when a Detroit goal is scored, it would be huge.

With all the talk I've heard about Modano being a Shark killer, I don't see how you don't play him, even if it's just to get into their heads a little. If he's on the ice when a Detroit goal is scored, it would be huge.

If I was Babcock I certainly would put him in. Modano has been torturing me for more than a decade now.

Game Six, Conference Playoff Format Era (since 1993-94)

This is the 25th Game Six in a Conference playoff series. The Club’s record in the previous 24 games:

15W-9L

This is the 6th Game Six in a Conference playoff series without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 5 games:

2W-3L

This is the 8th Game Six in a Conference Semi-Final. The Club’s record in the previous 7 games:

3W-4L.

This is the 3rd Game Six in a Conference Semi-Final without home-ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

0W-2L.

Game Six in Conference Format Era with Series 2-3

This is the 11th Game Six in a best-of-seven series in the Conference Era with the series 2-3. The Club’s record in the previous 10 games:

3W-7L

This is the 5th Game Six in a Conference Semi-Final in the Conference Era with the series 2-3. The Club’s record in the previous 4 game:

1W-3L

This is the 3rd Game Six in a Conference Semi-Final in the Conference Era without home-ice advantage and the series 2-3. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

0W-2L

Last Ten Games – All-Time Playoff Games v. San Jose

Overall: 3W-7L

Home: 6W-4L

On This Day

May 10

This is the 5th playoff game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 4 games:

3W-1L.

LGW.