• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Steve Sample

Vancouver's Green Guys

Rate this topic

I was wondering what the LGW faithful think of the two green guys that sit beside the penalty box in Vancouver? They have been getting a lot of press lately. TSN did a thing about them and CBC has done the same. How much longer will the NHL put up with this?

I think that it is just another example of the kind of boneheaded fans Vancouver have. First they were shining lazers in the goalies eyes and now these green guys? I don't know what you guys think but I would like the NHL to put an end to these jerks and their antics. Thoughts?

I personally don't have anything against 'em. We had a couple guys here do the same thing in orange when our CHL team went to the playoffs, and it was a blast in person.

Though I do have to kinda agree with the league's stance that they can't be hanging upside down and crap off the penalty box. Not so much because it's a distraction to the guy in the box (f*** 'em) but it's a liability for the Canucks, their building, and the NHL if they fall off, break something and land on a spectator, etc. That kinda press isn't what the NHL needs, random fans breaking stuff and landing on old women xD

Pretty hilarious actually. Not sure if anyone can find it but when Mike Fisher got a penalty last game they held up a picture of Carrie Underwood with a Nucks jersey on. Had to laugh a little.

Ya nothing wrong with the Carrie cut out. They didnt do anything out of line (sexually mainly) with it so no foul. I do think they are hilarious as well, and it will be funny when a player fights back one day. Theyre asking for it.

Pretty hilarious actually. Not sure if anyone can find it but when Mike Fisher got a penalty last game they held up a picture of Carrie Underwood with a Nucks jersey on. Had to laugh a little.

I thought that was hilarious!

Not to dog the op, but this ain't politics. We don't have to be correct. No harm in getting under the oppositions' (players and fans) skin. Not really worried about their feelings and hurting them. Hockey should never be warm and fuzzy, imho. Let the octopus fly and let the green men go at it, I say.

they are doing good things for the nucks believe it or not. They bring press and attention and they fire the fans up. They do nothing inappropriate contrary to what Glenn says (the 69ing handstand reference) that was a bad camera angle; in reality, one was doing his normal handstand and the other was sitting down (3 feet away and behind) nodding his head. Now from the side camera shot you can imagine this looked a little.....interesting but false merit.

The NHL trying to crackdown on these guys is just as ridiculous as the octopus throwing. Pretty soon we will have to wear tuxedos to games and sit on our hands. This is just getting WAY out of hand. We as fans pay damn good hard earned money to attend these games and should have leeway within REASON to have fun with it. The NHL has told the nucks force and sully cannot touch the glass.....Yet everyone else can bang along the glass and do what they choose. The NHL cannot single these guys out simply because they don't agree with what they are doing.

The second they cross the line and start entering the box, throwing objects or are inappropriate (even though I would still think it's funny) I will agree they need to realign their tactics but until then, long live force and sully!

You think they copied from Charlie Day? You think?

The OP asked what do you think about the Green men, so I responded... I think they copied off of Charlie. It's one of my favorite shows my man. yowza.gif

if they want to pull that crap in their own barn fine, but if they ever come to the joe and try to pull that stunt and i'm there they better be ready for a beer shower and a knuckle sandwich.

I think it would be disrespectful to do that in another teams rink, plus I think they are kind of lame..

just go to the game, have fun and cheer your team. no need to act like goofs and be attention whores.

The OP asked what do you think about the Green men, so I responded... I think they copied off of Charlie. It's one of my favorite shows my man. yowza.gif

If I'm not mistaken they have admitted to as much.

I have no problem with it. Imitation/flattery thing.

if they want to pull that crap in their own barn fine, but if they ever come to the joe and try to pull that stunt and i'm there they better be ready for a beer shower and a knuckle sandwich.

Oh yeah!!! Well if my big brother is there he will beat you up! :yowza:

I think they NHL needs to stay out of it, the guys aren't harming the game right now they're just having fun. It's the same with us and the octopus throwing, we have our etiquette and don't mess with the game so it should be left alone. If the NHL wants to keep ruining the fans' fun, they'll start losing fans.

Though I do have to kinda agree with the league's stance that they can't be hanging upside down and crap off the penalty box.

They already found a way around that :D

greenmenhandstand.JPG

Edited by Namtaru

I think it would be disrespectful to do that in another teams rink, plus I think they are kind of lame..

just go to the game, have fun and cheer your team. no need to act like goofs and be attention whores.

Well aren't you a tough guy?

They went to Nashville's barn and they were fine. The fans actually had fun with them there. They were respectful and commented how much fun they had and how great the Pred's fans are.

That's like condoning a Red Wing fan getting a beer shower and a "knuckle sandwich" for throwing the octopus on visitors ice.