• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

I just got a great tweet saying, Dupis would have been the 10th leading scorer of UFA with 17 goals...

Shows you how little there is to sign.

We are going to have to get creative. BTW Pascal has always been an inexplicable favourite of mine.

There's very little in the forward group this year to get excited about, I like Cody McCormick, because he adds some nastiness, is very defensively responsible and kills penalties for the bottom six, as touched on in another thread, I think Anthony Stewart might not be a bad pickup either...

Dupuis is a solid signing for that price tag, he's played very well in Pit and is one of the only players there that I like...

With the salary cap going up, these so-called "overpayments" may not really be overpayments.

We're going to see more and more of this.

You have to imagine, this might have been the last season the cap rises, you can't assume the cap will continue to rise. But if Bettman keeps on doing a great job, then i suppose anything is possible.

You have to imagine, this might have been the last season the cap rises, you can't assume the cap will continue to rise. But if Bettman keeps on doing a great job, then I suppose anything is possible.

Fixed that for you.

I just hope we don't have another stoppage after next season and a new CBA gets ironed out quickly...

Brooks Laich signs six-year contract extension with Washington Capitals

$4.5 mil per season for Brooks Laich? There's some serious overpayment.

How is that overpayment? He has numbers and the cap just inflated by 5% this year. If you are comparing it to Franzen... Who had a long term deal that brought the number down and was a hometown discount, the cap number is comparable given a few years inflation. Plus supply and demand is a big factor as well. He is the number two PLAYER available in UFA. Center is also the thinnest.

It is a high number, but this is the market value for him. Not overpayment. This is why the CBA is still broke, or at least needs some serious tweeking.

If I were the Caps, I would pay him that in a heart beat because they could always trade it later, someone will be desperate for a center and this is a steal two years from now.

I think more and more every day that we should try to get Richards. Honestly, the people who want UFA more than anything might be the only ones left.

I would love so much to say eff you to Toronto and the other teams trying for him by signing him.

Hopefully get an NTC that expires next season so when UFA sucks next year as well, we could trade him for a high draft pick. :P

How is that overpayment? He has numbers and the cap just inflated by 5% this year. If you are comparing it to Franzen... Who had a long term deal that brought the number down and was a hometown discount, the cap number is comparable given a few years inflation. Plus supply and demand is a big factor as well. He is the number two PLAYER available in UFA. Center is also the thinnest.

It is a high number, but this is the market value for him. Not overpayment. This is why the CBA is still broke, or at least needs some serious tweeking.

If I were the Caps, I would pay him that in a heart beat because they could always trade it later, someone will be desperate for a center and this is a steal two years from now.

$4.5 mil for a guy that scored 16 goals last year is overpayment. It doesn't matter that he's the number two available UFA, you don't pay him over $4 mil. He's a good leader, locker room guy, good defensively, but is that worth that much? Just because you have extra money to spend doesn't mean you just burn it the first chance you get. Laich is an important part of their team, but the best part of his game is that he's good defensively and a good defensive forward could be had for cheaper than $4.5 mil. Dupuis has a lot of those qualities and he went for $1.5 mil. If you let the market dictate what you pay for a player, you'll be screwed because then you'll be overpaying for everyone.

$4.5 mil for a guy that scored 16 goals last year is overpayment. It doesn't matter that he's the number two available UFA, you don't pay him over $4 mil. He's a good leader, locker room guy, good defensively, but is that worth that much? Just because you have extra money to spend doesn't mean you just burn it the first chance you get. Laich is an important part of their team, but the best part of his game is that he's good defensively and a good defensive forward could be had for cheaper than $4.5 mil. Dupuis has a lot of those qualities and he went for $1.5 mil. If you let the market dictate what you pay for a player, you'll be screwed because then you'll be overpaying for everyone.

Perfectly stated.

Laich should be more in the 3-3.5m range, with 4m being the absolute ceiling... anything over that is an overpayment, simple as that.

I couldnt agree more. Although I like Laich there is no way I could ever justify that cash. If I was McPhee I would have traded his rights once I found out this was the number. Laich is more easily replaced than the cap space he's eating up no matter how you shake it (Salary, % of cap etc)

Can we just start calling him Alex S or something... anytime someone uses his last name, it's a matter of 3 posts tops, before a seminal fluid joke is made...

and 3....2...1...

Which is a bit of a reach if you ask me. It's not like his name is 'Seamen'.

And with the new translation terms, his last name is actually Syomin.