• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Ehrhoff's rights traded to NYI, then traded to Buffalo

Rate this topic

Well Holland just missed again... :)

How can he miss if he never had a chance? It would have been tampering to talk with Lukowich before UFA.

Is Bogosian still available or not?

Unlikely he ever was, that was just rumor/speculation.

How can he miss if he never had a chance? It would have been tampering to talk with Lukowich before UFA.

Unlikely he ever was, that was just rumor/speculation.

Lukowich = was a joke / sarcasm

Bogosian = I don't why but I have a lot of trust in Bob McKenzie, but as you said maybe that was only speculation

and we couldn't just give Vancouver our 2012 4th rounder.

probably because an Islander 4th rounder is like a low third rounder, a Detroit 4th rounder is like a high 5th rounder... dunno tho, would think Holland would be all over that, unless he has plans for some other defender.... :yowza:

probably because an Islander 4th rounder is like a low third rounder, a Detroit 4th rounder is like a high 5th rounder... dunno tho, would think Holland would be all over that, unless he has plans for some other defender.... :yowza:

Actually, it's probably more like all of the more contender-type teams with money didn't even bother because they know he's going to test free agency, looking for a contender that will pay him big bucks. This is a case of a desperate GM for a desperate team acting in desperation.

Ehrhoff is a carbon copy of what we already have in most of our D...puck moving, offensive defensemen. Wisniewski not only brings some offense to the team as well, but he also fills two voids we don't have, a right handed shot on D and yes, toughness. I am not saying one is that much better than the other, but Wisniewski, even if he doesn't net 51 points again, fills more of our voids. This is Kronwall's year to get 60+ points, he is going to have to show he can "replace" Lidstrom one of these years, so with Rafalski gone, this year should be his year. If not, then Suter is on the horizon.

Nobody is afraid of Lidstrom/Kronwall/Ehrhoff/Kindl/Ericsson/Stuart. But make it Lidstrom/Kronwall/Wiz/Montador/Jovo/Stuart/Kindl, folks will have their heads up for sure. AND we will still get out points from LIds/Kron/Wiz....

If Holland lands both? Super! but first priority should be Wiz...

Why not? He made over $6M last year, his game hasn't fallen apart that much. If he came here for less, great! Considering that his career is waning and he hasn't won a Cup yet, he is probably looking to go somewhere that has a legit shot at winning the Cup and there are only a few places that are legit contenders. Detroit being one of them, but he will probably get even higher offers from other teams, so I put him at $3M.

I do agree with you on the right handed shot, but i think if Wiz and Ehrhoff both sign 5 year deals Ehrhoff is more likely to be the better player for the duration. Either way Ehrhoff is my #1, and Wiz my #2, i just don't see how it seems Wiz is overwhelmingly the favorite on this board to be signed.

I wouldn't mind Jovo as well maybe on a one year deal as a stop gap option.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I can see the Isles offering Ehrhoff something like 36 mil over 6 years. Kenny will offer something like 25 over 5 at the most. We'll see if Ehrhoff is about winning or the cash. I still think he re-signs with Vancouver.

There is also the possibility that Jovo comes here to play with Bertuzzi, remember the two are close friends. Bert could sell him on coming in and also I could see them offering Jovo a bert-like contract.

That's a good point..might be able to get him cheap

Guest Hatethedrake!

That's a good point..might be able to get him cheap

Jovo could be a back-up plan if Kenny can't get Wiz.

Jovo could be a back-up plan if Kenny can't get Wiz.

Might come down to it..before july 1st everyone might be resigned or have the rights sold..

Not sold on Jovo. Not after Helm absolutely exposed him last post-season.

Good point but might be only good d left come friday

Guest Hatethedrake!

Not sold on Jovo. Not after Helm absolutely exposed him last post-season.

Helm's speed overwhelms alot of dmen. Even the best ones. Jovo is on the back nine of his career and has never been a defensive stud, however he has his strengths as well. He makes a good first pass and can still provide some offense from the blueline.

does make me more nervous now that Ehrhofs rights have been sold..thinking we going with wiz and jovo...hopefully a good back up, and maybe another person to put the puck in the net..most likely not jagr...

I would be completely baffled if Ehrhoff accepts a contract with NYI... they are perennially failures and aren't turning around anytime soon. He'll pick a contender to go to, in the end. If he doesn't and just goes for a cash grab, then he's not worth it anyway.

I would be completely baffled if Ehrhoff accepts a contract with NYI... they are perennially failures and aren't turning around anytime soon. He'll pick a contender to go to, in the end. If he doesn't and just goes for a cash grab, then he's not worth it anyway.

good point..just hope that he not money hungry..we need some d..good d...