• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ozzie30

Wings re-sign Ericsson to 3-year, $9.75m contract

Rate this topic

506 posts in this topic

maybe 1.5 more? Are you ******* kidding me? 1.5 million would have bought us a better defenseman then that useless piece of s*** we call big rig. This maybe one of the worst moves the wings have done since the lockout.

If it's Holland's worst signing since the lockout, then he's made five less mistakes than just about every other GM during that time period. Get over it.

Hockeymom1960 likes this

And to think ehrhoff has a 4 mil cap hit...

Yea but it's 10 years, and he's already 29 next year. That's a bad contract, it's Wade Redden all over again.

any word on eaves? eklund says he has signed, but eaves and ericsson both start with an e so he might be mistaken

and if this were a one year deal i could live with it, he'd have one year to prove he's ready to take the next step --- it is the 3 years that bothers me, but hey we can always bury him in the ahl if we need to right? maybe that is what holland was figuring as it is pretty common practice now

If it's Holland's worst signing since the lockout, then he's made five less mistakes than just about every other GM during that time period. Get over it.

I think you and I are the only ones who realize this is the market value for these kind of defencemen. It's high, yes, but wait and see what everyone else gets. Holland made the right move.

How do you think Jimmy Howard feels? Just a few months ago he signed for 2 years at $2.25M per.

Now, Ericsson's making $1M more than him for the next couple seasons. That can't be right.

I think you and I are the only ones who realize this is the market value for these kind of defencemen. It's high, yes, but wait and see what everyone else gets. Holland made the right move.

Then Holland should have signed him earlier in the season at $2-2.5 mill and not let it get to the 11th hour when his value was artificially inflated.

maybe 1.5 more? Are you ******* kidding me? 1.5 million would have bought us a better defenseman then that useless piece of s*** we call big rig. This maybe one of the worst moves the wings have done since the lockout.

I'm hoping Holland makes amends by signing someone capable of playing consistently in our own end...White, and Hamrlik come to mind.

Right. So many holes. You mean Rafalski, Salei and Modano, I imagine.

Is there any point at which you're not blowing things vastly out of proportion?

dude you seriously need to get off of Hollands nuts, you do realize the man is capable of ******* up. Hudler/Madana/Williams/Ericsson all horrible horrible moves. If you want to do nothing but be around people that agree with him get off messageboards and start just watching FSN because on messageboards people actually follow the sport and understand this is buls***.

Edited by ben_usmc

I'm hoping Holland makes amends by signing someone capable of playing consistently in our own end...White, and Hamrlik come to mind.

If a player is actually worth the money Kenny likes to underbid, if he blows we decide to throw the farm at him, wtf are we Toronto??

Might as well have some fun with this thread with some "Ken Holland is so dumb..." jokes right?

Ken Holland is so dumb that he takes a piss in the sink to save money on the gas bill.

What kind of crazy f***ed up world do we live in where Jonathon Ericsson is worth $3.25 million a year?

Well that leave the Wings with 12.9mil under the cap and only 18 players (12 fowards, 5 defensemen and 1 goaltender. I hope Kenny know what he is doing.

We still have $13 million to work with

Re-sign Eaves ($1.5-2 million a year possibly) and our forwards are set

Get a couple of D-Men, Wiz ($5 million a year maybe) and a 3rd pair D-Man (possibly between $1-2 million) and our back end is set

Get a Backup goalie (1 million)

When looking at what we were gonna spend, the Ericsson deal is not that bad. Is he worth 3.25 million in a solid FA Market? No... But in this market, I really believe someone desperate for a D-Man would have offered him 4 million a year.

Keep working Kenny!

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Then Holland should have signed him earlier in the season at $2-2.5 mill and not let it get to the 11th hour when his value was artificially inflated.

That's why players have agents. I'm sure Ericsson's agent told him to wait until the end of the year to sign, and he'd make more money.

Trust me, give it 2 weeks, and this will look like a good deal.

This makes Jimmy Howard's contract at $2 mill/yr look like the bargain of the year!

Holy moly, I wish we could see live footage of him hearing/seeing it for the first time. Can you imagine the feeling, Howard of anyone felt Big Rigs mistakes...I am not going to get bent of out shape over this siging, I ******* loved Ericsson a couple years ago and damn it I can love him again so in Kenny i trust and we shall see what happens this season because we will all be watching and Babs will be watching! He thinks he's felt a little pressure to impress at times, how about with this contaract?! He's going to shine (which Im hoping) or he's going to blow...

Edited by 13dangledangle

Hey Red Wing Brethren,

I am a lifelong diehard Wings fan (since Gordie's days) stranded here on the island of Manhattan, surrounded by Ranger, Isles, and Devils yahoos, and this is my very first post on this incredible forum that I have been reading for a few years now. I do want to thank you all for the Red Wings lifeline that kept my hockey spirits alive for many years now.

I also agree that the stated terms are absolutely awful for Ericsson's 3 year deal, as like many of you, I am not at all enamored with his game. On the other hand, I would love it if this was a prelude to a possible sign & trade for someone far more suited long term to the excellent Wings standard of play - someone we can build with, along with Kronner and Stuie when (God forbid) Lids hangs them up. We used to hear a lot of midseason rumblings about Holland's interest in Zach Bogosian, so I am thinking that there must be other young, more highly skilled and gritty d-men on Kenny's radar in the 1 to 4 status range that might be available for reasons that we as fans are not privy to (friction with coach, needs change of scenery for motivation, etc.). Could this be Kenny laying the foundation for a trade, possibly shipping out Big Rig and Huds (or Flip) and getting someone like ZB? Any thoughts?

Edited by NYC Wings Fanatic

We still have $13 million to work with

Re-sign Eaves ($1.5-2 million a year possibly) and our forwards are set

Get a couple of D-Men, Wiz ($5 million a year maybe) and a 3rd pair D-Man (possibly between $1-2 million) and our back end is set

Get a Backup goalie (1 million)

When looking at what we were gonna spend, the Ericsson deal is not that bad. Is he worth 3.25 million in a solid FA Market? No... But in this market, I really believe someone desperate for a D-Man would have offered him 4 million a year.

Keep working Kenny!

Yea only problem with blowing a lot of it this year is that

A. We are going to need a new #1 D-Man most likely next year

2. Stew and Kronwall are going to need new contracts.

3. The Cap Could Go down Next Year

4. Abdalkader and Helm is a RFA.

Edited by IllinoisRedWingsFan

Yea only problem with blowing a lot of it this year is that

A. We are going to need a new #1 D-Man most likely next year

2. Stew and Howard are going to need new contracts.

3. It Could Go down Next Year

4. Abdalkader is a RFA.

I understand all your points but one thing... Jimmy is already signed for the next 2 years not just this year (but i think you already knew that)

Also I don't think abby will cost much, also remember after this year; holmstrom, bertuzzi and hudler will all become UFAs

Edited by HockeytownRules19

I understand all your points but one thing... Jimmy is already signed for the next 2 years not just this year (but i think you already knew that)

Also I don't think abby will cost much, also remember after this year; holmstrom, bertuzzi and hudler will all become UFAs

Yes I did realize that. For some reason I thought he was up at the end of the year. I stand corrected. I forgot about Hudler, Bert and Holmstrom. I am just stating that I am kind of worried about all the overspending in a way.

Hey Red Wing Brethren,

I am a lifelong diehard Wings fan (since Gordie's days) stranded here on the island of Manhattan, surrounded by Ranger, Isles, and Devils yahoos, and this is my very first post on this incredible forum that I have been reading for a few years now. I do want to thank you all for the Red Wings lifeline that kept my hockey spirits alive for many years now.

I also agree that the stated terms are absolutely awful for Ericsson's 3 year deal, as like many of you, I am not at all enamored with his game. On the other hand, I would love it if this was a prelude to a possible sign & trade for someone far more suited long term to the excellent Wings standard of play - someone we can build with, along with Kronner and Stuie when (God forbid) Lids hangs them up. We used to hear a lot of midseason rumblings about Holland's interest in Zach Bogosian, so I am thinking that there must be other young, more highly skilled and gritty d-men on Kenny's radar in the 1 to 4 status range that might be available for reasons that we as fans are not privy to (friction with coach, needs change of scenery for motivation, etc.). Could this be Kenny laying the foundation for a trade, possibly shipping out Big Rig and Huds (or Flip) and getting someone like ZB? Any thoughts?

hey, i am usually a read only person as well. do i think a gm could see a huge upside in ericsson, and that he never had the room to grow and develop on a crowded wings roster? yes yes. however, don't sign and trades usually get announced basically together? so unless a trade announcement comes out tomorrow, i'd say no.

if ericsson argued he was going to step it up and be the player we want/need him to be, i don't understand why not sign him to the 2-2.5 mil with bonuses...

Edited by Wings Fan in Aves Country