• Please log in to reply
505 replies to this topic

#201 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

I dread how much money we're going to pay Jagr.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#202 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Screw it. Hopefully people will have put away the torches and found their logical brains by the time the 4th rolls around.

Until then, people should perhaps bear in mind that with the cap increasing so much, one contract that's $2m higher than it should be is not a catastrophe. It's a minor burp.

Edited by Crymson, 30 June 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#203 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

That must be why we've lacked success so badly during his term as GM. After all, he never managed to draft or to keep Datsyuk, Franzen or Zetterberg at reasonable prices, nor find such gems as Cleary, Samuelsson and Eaves, nor land key players like Rafalski.

Good call.

Franzan's contract is way too long, and Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom took less to stay with detroit. I agree Rafalski was key but he was from Michigan and got paid 6 million a year. So its not like Holland got a home town discount. I still like Holland but when he finally makes an aggressive move he give E almost for mil. Bieksa and Markov only got around 4 mil and they can actually score.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#204 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

1 year, $4mil at least I reckon.

And expecting Eaves on Cleary like money too.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#205 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hopefully he takes hisf****** greedy ass back to Russia. I don't need 2 s***ty signings in a span of 24 hours.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#206 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

Who the hell is Mark Spizzirri? But he got one thing right. It looks very much like the best D men are not going to be available, so he didn't have a helluva lot of choice.

I also want to think that now that Ericsson is signed for a longer period, he will relax and let himself play the way he knows that he can play. Go, Big E! Go, Kenny! :thumbup:

well holland should have made a move to make them available to him.

#207 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

You are making Burns out to be some sort of a God. He is not even in the top 25 D men IMO and Franzen is far greater!

lol i never even mentioned burns in that post! but whatevs, babs was pretty pissed too so im cool with that. ill go along with him (i respect his opinion).

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#208 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Franzan's contract is way too long, and Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom took less to stay with detroit. I agree Rafalski was key but he was from Michigan and got paid 6 million a year. So its not like Holland got a home town discount. I still like Holland but when he finally makes an aggressive move he give E almost for mil. Bieksa and Markov only got around 4 mil and they can actually score.

Markov is injury prone and he's paid $5.75M
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#209 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Screw it. Hopefully people will have put away the torches and found their logical brains by the time the 4th rolls around.

I think everyone just wants you to admit that Holland failed big time today.

You can't excuse it based on his great track record.

#210 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

I just hope Holland realized how pissed off his entire fan base is over a total s*** move he made. I hope he understands how bad he f***ed up. I hope Holland feels like garbage for giving Ericsson over double of what he is worth when that money could have gone towards Wiz or a forward to improve the team.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#211 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

I think everyone just wants you to admit that Holland failed big time today.

You can't excuse it based on his great track record.

He already has.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#212 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

Hopefully he takes hisf****** greedy ass back to Russia. I don't need 2 s***ty signings in a span of 24 hours.

No, let's make us better team and let his sign with Pens... Jagr will be our best addition if he can/will sign with any other team than Detroit...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#213 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:49 PM

Markov is injury prone and he's paid $5.75M

Fine replace Markov with Ehrhoff, but the point still stands.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#214 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

I for one demand a personal apology from Holland via PM here on LGW.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#215 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:51 PM

The Red Wings wanted this guy back. That's the trouble sometimes with a weak FA market, average guys get paid (Kopecky) and suddenly everybody goes up a million. If it were a huge year for FA's teams would take up a lot of their cap money in big signings and dole out to the average players sparingly. The market just worked against the Wings.

If they saw no reason or upside to keep him the Wings could have let him go. They must see him as a piece of the puzzle. He's not that old, he's got huge game experience and now more than ever we'll see a motivated Ericsson.

Patience grasshoppers.

The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
--Sun Tzu

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#216 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:52 PM

Fine replace Markov with Ehrhoff, but the point still stands.

Yes, with Ehrhoff it's another story!!! I agree with you

#217 Datsyerberger

Datsyerberger

"Dat's yer burger, Hank."

• HoF Booster
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

I'm now just hoping that Nick re-signed because he and the boys hang out with Wiz and know Wiz wants to sign here.
If some bored artist wants to make me a signature, feel free to cut loose and do so.

Of course, I could get off my lame rear and do something.

#218 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

I for one demand a personal apology from Holland via PM here on LGW.

I demand one personal apology via PM for every dollar he overpaid Ericsson. Get typin', dips***.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#219 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:54 PM

Like I said, a NMC or NTC makes this a horrible deal, with one it might just be a bad deal.

Whatever, I am going to bed. Maybe the bad dream will end and we can start making the league scratch their heads by making a deft move, not a dumb one.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#220 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

I've not been overjoyed at a few of Holland's moves, but this is the first time I actually am angry about one.

I'm just hoping this is some sort of sign-and-trade, which I know Holland really doesn't do, but he also does not massively overpay like this either.

What a terrible contract.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."