• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

Our ex-assistant coach, MacLean just pulled off their 6th straight win ... talking about turning a team around in a hurry !!

#22 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:21 PM

Bwahaha. OK. So nine games of bad play means that a player is horrible and that not trading him entails excessive loyalty on the part of the front office. Thank goodness you're not a GM.

What's so funny Crymson?
Posted Image

Gordon Bombay doesn't think losing is funny...
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#23 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

I've been saying for the past 3 years to get rid of Cleary, and how he isn't worth his contract $$. Often injured, under performing. Too many Cleary supporters here; I believe this will be the year that Cleary REALLY regresses. The most annoying part? He's making 3 million this year and has a NTC. I don't want to hear anyone else complain this season after you've all given me sh*t about hating him. Just for perspective these players are also making 3 million this year...

Loui Eriksson
Alexander Frolov
Patric Hornqvist
Olli Jokinen
Rostislav Klesla
Martin Hanzal

Hell, I'd take any of them over Cleary. Lets face it our organization is OVERLY loyal; Draper stayed 2 years longer than he should of, Maltby as well.

Let the flames begin, it's just the bitter truth. Enjoy Cleary's ineffectivness before he gets injured for another 30 games again this year guys!!

According to capgeek his NTC is up 30 days prior to this years trade deadline.

Too many floaters in the lineup which need to be motivated.

Our second tier players just have this nasty habbit of going cold all at the same time for a lengthy stretch. Also Z needs to get going.

#24 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:53 PM

Our second tier players just have this nasty habbit of going cold all at the same time for a lengthy stretch. Also Z needs to get going.

Inconsistency is what makes second tier players second tier, though I wish they wouldn't be so inconsiderate and do it all at the same time :flamingmad:

#25 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

Our ex-assistant coach, MacLean just pulled off their 6th straight win ... talking about turning a team around in a hurry !!

Last time the Wings promoted an assistant it didn't turn out too well. . .

#26 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

They need to utilize the talent the team has and translate it into success. That's not happening at this current point.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#27 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

maybe the wings should hire coach 0'ryan :ph34r:

and averman too :D :D

#28 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

Keeping Draper and Maltby on the team...while letting Kopecky go in FA and trading Leino for nothing...was one of the most infuriating occurences I've ever experienced with this team. That really sent the wrong message. That was really - really - being too loyal. That was really, really ridiculous.

But as much as I hate to do it, there are two sides. You have to appreciate management for being able to draft that kind of talent in the first place (before mis-managing it).

Kopecky was let go because CHI paid far more for him then anyone should have. Leino was moved because his style of play was never going to be successful in Detroit and it would've been pretty damn hard to get his value up high enough to trade him for the value he showed playing in PHI without compromising the style the Wings play.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#29 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

The coach can't make the players go and win the puck battles. He has been saying they need to shoot more but they don't. Maybe if he puts on some equipment and goes out and does it him self it will inspired the rest?

#30 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:46 PM

Get to work, Blashill.

:ph34r:

#31 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

Babs needs to grow a pair and do this:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

I have less faith in Holland lately than Babcock. Holland seems to be getting spottier and spottier with his signings and too many times now in the cap era has been caught unprepared in the offseason. They're too loyal to guys we develop and not willing to let guys go to mix things up. He's simply not adapting to changes in the game and with this team in general. Adaptability is everything in life, and Holland has struggled to adapt since...hmm, since when Scotty Bowman become a consultant for the Hawks.

-Elliot

#33 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:00 PM

I've liked the defense so far this season, turnovers are what are leading to goals. We really have cleaned up positionally, so I like what Bill Peters has done. But whatever Blashill is telling the forwards and the PP units aint working right now. Hope we can get it turned around, if this slide goes on much longer it'll be a battle to make the playoffs.

#NOMOREKINDL

#34 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

I'm just waiting for the classic Babcock post game "I think we played well; just didn't get the bounces" it never fails.

#35 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:09 AM

I'm just waiting for the classic Babcock post game "I think we played well; just didn't get the bounces" it never fails.

And another night of giving s***ty undeserving players too much ice time.

#36 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:33 AM

So after the last game vs the Wild, I've come to the decision that coaching is still a problem. I'm not nearly as confident in Babcock anymore. He's consistently giving players chances that have proven time and time again that they don't deserve them (Cleary, Holmstrom), he refuses to put players together that have worked incredibly well in the past (Dats and Fil), and in the last 5 minutes of the game, he played the same line for seemingly 80% of the time. I don't care how good a line is, those players are going to be too tired to be effective.

We need better decisions behind the bench. We need players who are consistently playing badly to be pushed down to lower lines, so at least they get hungry for top line minutes again. Currently we're just handing players playtime who don't deserve it.

Players like Helm and Fil, who are working their asses off every game aren't getting chances they deserve either. They've been two of the best players this year, and two of the players that are giving more effort than pretty much anyone else on the team.

Dats, Z, and whoever isn't working. They played great for one game, but just plain haven't worked for a long time now. Z still has 3 points and a -4 and yet was given nearly 24 minutes. I don't understand how it works if players who are working hard are still not given opportunities when other players are playing like this. What kind of motivation is it to work hard if someone who's not producing is still given nearly 10 minutes more per game than you and much more PP time than you?

Edit: I'm not bashing Z, I'm just saying he hasn't deserved the play time he's gotten recently. Other players who are playing badly are getting time taken away, but Z is just handed more play time every game no matter how he plays. Same thing goes for a few other players too.

Coaching is by far the biggest issue on this team. We started this season with a NEW system and BY GOD WE ARE GONNA STICK WITH IT!!

We dont have a new team, the same guys that rolled teams on a regular basis are now running after each other trying to get the puck.

I thiught we had it bad with McCrimmon and Co. but I didnt thing we would down grade the way we have.

We arent a rebuilding team. We should be WELL ABOVE 500 right now. I did see the tidbit that we won the Cup after going 6 flat but man I dont see a Cup team here.

I am considering selling my tix for the SJ game knowing that we will probably get pasted all over the ice and then get to listen to the cheers and jeers.

I cant afford 400 bucks for tix and travels and ect to go to a game that is a crap shoot at best if we will even have a chance.

Back to the coaching. At this point we need to go to a trap and hope we can get SOG. That is our only hope right now.

Man am I depressed. I bet 200 on the us since Im in vegas for the SEMA show and we were +200 with a 1.5 point spread. Of course it lookes like the might beat the spread but NO they had to shoot it out their ass. I put my money on them and they still cave. I am finding few things to keep me optimistic with the team since this debacle if you cant call it a disaster.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#37 Firsov

Firsov

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:26 AM

Barry Smith would be available :siren:

http://www.eishockey...3709/detail.htm

the article says he has stepped down because he had the feeling that he couldn't reach his team anymore...
don't know if that would help the wings right now...

#38 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

Barry Smith would be available :siren:

http://www.eishockey...3709/detail.htm

the article says he has stepped down because he had the feeling that he couldn't reach his team anymore...
don't know if that would help the wings right now...

At this point anything could help :ph34r:

BTW dont post to forums when you just got royally f***ed in the sports book for a lot of dough (there were quite a few games and most didnt cover the spread or I just picked wrong) then get free drinks for the evening only to go to your room and try to type. Ive seen Swedes and Russians spell better than I did last night :hehe: .

Regardless they gotta say, "screw our new system" and just go back to the old s***. We did have a fighting chance most nights playing that way, I dont even know what to call their plan now but its total crap, its a crap burger, a s*** dog, a fecal salad. Its bad and its gotta stop.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#39 Scott Stevens

Scott Stevens

Rookie

• Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

Everyone else in the entire league thinks that:

a) Holmstrom is old, slow, and stinks
b) Bertuzzi is olds, slow, and stinks
c) Hudler is small, slow, and stinks

Replace these three guys with FAST, YOUNG, and GOOD. That's the answer.

We've got a Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Franzen, Helm, and Abdelkader. Those 6 forwards are worth their salt. The coaching staff and GM should have enough brains to know what to do with the other 6 spots. Unfortunately, they think Holmstrom and Bertuzzi are 40 goals scorers. Babcock and Holland need to pull their heads out of their butts and realize that they don't have to throw 2011-2012 down the drain to save face with their signings and loyalty. Just put the crappy guys in the stands, and fess up to the fact that you signed them for too long.

#40 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

I have less faith in Holland lately than Babcock. Holland seems to be getting spottier and spottier with his signings and too many times now in the cap era has been caught unprepared in the offseason. They're too loyal to guys we develop and not willing to let guys go to mix things up. He's simply not adapting to changes in the game and with this team in general. Adaptability is everything in life, and Holland has struggled to adapt since...hmm, since when Scotty Bowman become a consultant for the Hawks.

I am going to have to agree with you on this one because I have noticed with some of his signings e.g. Ericsson don't make sense. I am thinking we are at the point where this team has become too loyal to the guys that have been developed. IF he was smart he wouldn't have resigned Ericsson or Bert.