• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Welcome to Big Leagues Gustav Nyquist!

Rate this topic

I think it is a dumb decision by Babs to scratch Huds over Cleary. Cleary has been, by far, the worst Red Wing on the ice this season, but yet Huds gets scratched over him. I would have rather the lines been (with Hudler out)

Zetterberg- Datsyuk- Homer

Franzen- Fil- Nyquist

Bertuzzi- Helm- Cleary

Eaves- Abs- Miller

Franzen is not good at center, and besides that is not good at faceoffs. I don't think Bab's idea of the 2nd line will work very well.

Wow, I don't think I've ever heard Babcock so high on a prospect before, and especially throwing him right into the second line AND special teams? I knew this kid had potential, but are they thinking he's going to be Datsyuk/Zetterberg potential?

YES! very slippery little guy he is.

Wow I seriously didn't see the Hudler scratch coming at all. Haha.

hes outplaying other players. his numbers are better than Z's.

in fact i would have some of our top players sit just as a wakeup call to everyone, that their jobs arnt safe. hudler and Emmerton arnt the problem. and commie needs games

Edited by wings1110

According to mlive, Babs would rather have Gus called up when the Wings are actually playing well. I don't think it's a bad choice. It was a good try to change things up a bit but really, it should start by changing up the main team rather than calling up kids from the farm. Hopefully we see Nyquist have better opportunities once the Wings are out of this slump.

Edited by Namingway

Lame that he's back to GR so soon, he barely got a chance to do anything, and with the little time he did have he made actually made a few decent plays.

Its not like anyone else is really competing for that spot right now.

they could send him down for tonights game in GR and call him back up for tomorrows game? or something idk.

Stupid. What does Drew Miller bring that keeps him in the line-up? We're having trouble scoring goals right? And taking stupid penalties? Oh wait, Drew Miller doesn't score goals and took a dumb penalty last night.

Hopefully he's back up soon and gets on a line with a real center and not Bertuzzi so he can get going.

Grr, I don't like seeing Helm hurt! We could especially use that speed against Chicago tomorrow.

On the other hand, very much looking forward to seeing Gus get a shot again. What better time to have a huge impact game than tomorrow, right?

I'm so confused, you guys are saying Nyquist is up to replace Helm or Zetterberg?

Just saw this on the Red Wings facebook page.

NEWS: The Red Wings have called up Gustav Nyquist from the Grand Rapids Griffins and placed Tomas Holmstrom on Injured Reserve.

I'm so confused, you guys are saying Nyquist is up to replace Helm or Zetterberg?

Helm hurt his groin 'in practice today', but I actually think it was last game when he went into the boards spread eagle. I saw that and immediately thought his groin was hurt. He was skating gingerly after that. Then he had a decent scoring chance on the same shift and went to the bench. If anything, I bet he aggravated it today.

Holmstrom was placed on IR to make roster space for Gus, he already missed time due to his injury, but was still occupying a roster spot.

Edited by rrasco