• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Omg the whining on here from veteran posters everytime some team gets a player is out of hand. Quit crying, if you cant tell yet yzerman doesnt plan for us to be good for 2 years. He signed all 1 and 2 year garbage players. Then most bad contracts will be off the books except dekeyser, nielson, and abby. Dont expect any big trades or free agents. We have to wait for contracts to expire and in the meantime we will tank for some top picks. 2 years from now we will have the makings of a potential dynasty.

But hey we didnt get a guy who's never played an nhl game before. :cold2::baby:

Who would you say whined?

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm becoming very disappointed in our "rebuild" off season. This would've totally been worth giving up for Gusev. 

I don't like that Yzerman has not been involved with anything like this. I don't like that all three of Daley, Ericsson and Green are still on the team. I like that he hasn't traded any of our "core" but a draft pick or two wouldn't hurt our rebuild. Here's to hoping something good happens to generate excitement, because so far it's Holland 2.0...not excited at all.

No successful rebuild takes one off season. I wish we would've got Gusev too but we don't know any behind the scenes involvement.

Daley and Ericsson should be off the team for sure. But they don't HAVE to be. We don't need the extra cap space yet and it's not worth giving up assets, in a trade or in future cap space because of a buyout, just to clear the roster spot for a young guy.. Which is all it would be doing. If a young guy earns the spot, he'll have it. In the long run, it's much more worth benching them and waiting out their contracts than getting rid of them right now. 

2 hours ago, amato said:

No successful rebuild takes one off season. I wish we would've got Gusev too but we don't know any behind the scenes involvement.

Daley and Ericsson should be off the team for sure. But they don't HAVE to be. We don't need the extra cap space yet and it's not worth giving up assets, in a trade or in future cap space because of a buyout, just to clear the roster spot for a young guy.. Which is all it would be doing. If a young guy earns the spot, he'll have it. In the long run, it's much more worth benching them and waiting out their contracts than getting rid of them right now. 

this is true, we don't NEED to clear cap space, plus we have about $10M in LTIR in our pockets to potentially use as well.  But for me, it's about getting young talented players in here when they are available.  But like you said, we don't know behind the scenes.  Gusev had no control as to where he went, but Yzerman drafted him, Gusev opted for the KHL, and also traded his rights to Vegas, so maybe Yzerman didn't want him here.  Just as long as the better player gets the spot, it'll be fine.  I do not like the tank, it doesn't work.  I just hope that two or three young players beat out some of these vets, then maybe we'll see some justified benching and/or waivers.

@Euro_Twins  Nobody is really whining, just would like to see us acquire young talented players that are available to help our rebuild.  We don't know the relationship between Yzerman and Gusev, so the point is moot, but even though in two years we'll be without Green, Ericsson, Daley, Helm ( I think he gets re-signed though) Howard, Flip, disney.com and Nemeth, acquiring a player today that could be part of our rebuild doesn't hurt.  If we made that deal for Gusev, it would not have hurt our rebuild in any way.  We'd still have spots for kids, we'd still have over $10M in cap (via LTIR) if needed, we'd still have plenty of money to re-sign AA, Mantha and Bertuzzi next summer.  It would've just added another talented young player to that mix.  That's all we are saying.

In other news, the Jackets have over $15M in cap space open, why hasn't Werenski signed yet?  They cannot be seriously trying to low-ball him can they?  He's worth every penny of $8M+.  I am a player in a deal if the Jackets want to talk!

AA, Berggren, 2020 1st (lottery protected to 2021) is my first offer. (and you guys know I LOVE AA.)

Also, wonder what the dealings between Winnipeg and Laine are going like? You would think they'd want that kid re-signed as soon as possible!

There are actually some interesting RFA's still out there unsigned.

Edited by LeftWinger

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

this is true, we don't NEED to clear cap space, plus we have about $10M in LTIR in our pockets to potentially use as well.  But for me, it's about getting young talented players in here when they are available.  But like you said, we don't know behind the scenes.  Gusev had no control as to where he went, but Yzerman drafted him, Gusev opted for the KHL, and also traded his rights to Vegas, so maybe Yzerman didn't want him here.  Just as long as the better player gets the spot, it'll be fine.  I do not like the tank, it doesn't work.  I just hope that two or three young players beat out some of these vets, then maybe we'll see some justified benching and/or waivers.

@Euro_Twins  Nobody is really whining, just would like to see us acquire young talented players that are available to help our rebuild.  We don't know the relationship between Yzerman and Gusev, so the point is moot, but even though in two years we'll be without Green, Ericsson, Daley, Helm ( I think he gets re-signed though) Howard, Flip, disney.com and Nemeth, acquiring a player today that could be part of our rebuild doesn't hurt.  If we made that deal for Gusev, it would not have hurt our rebuild in any way.  We'd still have spots for kids, we'd still have over $10M in cap (via LTIR) if needed, we'd still have plenty of money to re-sign AA, Mantha and Bertuzzi next summer.  It would've just added another talented young player to that mix.  That's all we are saying.

In other news, the Jackets have over $15M in cap space open, why hasn't Werenski signed yet?  They cannot be seriously trying to low-ball him can they?  He's worth every penny of $8M+.  I am a player in a deal if the Jackets want to talk!

AA, Berggren, 2020 1st (lottery protected to 2021) is my first offer. (and you guys know I LOVE AA.)

Underlined: exactly, that's very possible. 

Bolded: I agree 100%. Hopefully some of the younger d-men are ready.

I think Hronek will be up to start the year for sure, baring a terrible camp/preseason or injury. I'm hoping sometime throughout the year Cholowski plays his way into the lineup but I don't think he'll start there. If Seider starts in Grand Rapids, I could see him playing his way onto the team for at least a short trial, especially with a couple injuries. 

and RE: Werenski... it sounds like a lot of teams are waiting to sign RFAs until Marner signs and sets the market. This probably has more to do with forwards but I guess it kind of makes sense. Either way, it doesn't sound like it'll be an issue for them to get him signed before the year starts. If they want to trade him, they'd have 30 phone calls :P

3 minutes ago, amato said:

Underlined: exactly, that's very possible. 

Bolded: I agree 100%. Hopefully some of the younger d-men are ready.

I think Hronek will be up to start the year for sure, baring a terrible camp/preseason or injury. I'm hoping sometime throughout the year Cholowski plays his way into the lineup but I don't think he'll start there. If Seider starts in Grand Rapids, I could see him playing his way onto the team for at least a short trial, especially with a couple injuries. 

Yes, I believe Hronek is here for sure. They have already been reports that Cholowski was told by Yzerman that he needs to work on his D-zone, so that pretty much tells us he is in GR to start, and probably for most of the year.  I'd like to see a couple of others (who regularly out-play the vets in the pre-season) make the club.  Hicketts and Saarijarvi being two of them.  I also hope Kaski outplays as well. IMO, all four of these guys deserve a spot over Ericsson, Daley and Green, especially if this truly is a "tank" year, then why not give your kids a true legit shot to prove they are NHL players?  I know Hicketts has been around for some years and may not be a regular NHL guy, but IMO he is a better choice than those 3 vets, unless of course Green is 100% healthy, then he can be kept. But in reality,I think we are just going to see Hronek up here along with Nemeth and Bowey rounding out the 7 D.  Up front is pretty much set, we have 12 now, I think you are only going to see Hirose and Kuffner (or Ehn) up here to start.  I still think they are gong to keep Zadina in GR.  Maybe he'll come in and command a spot though.  So even if that happens, I think Zadina and Hirose are they guys.  I know Smith says this is his year, but he has a hard road to climb, plus Turgeon is no longer waiver eligible.

Isn't Callahan LTIR eligible? LTIR doesn't begin until regular season start, so I would assume this is making off season cap space for a Point signing.

That said, even though Cally won't count against their cap, seems like a lot of real dollar salary to take on to move up 30 places in the late rounds.

33 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Isn't Callahan LTIR eligible? LTIR doesn't begin until regular season start, so I would assume this is making off season cap space for a Point signing.

That said, even though Cally won't count against their cap, seems like a lot of real dollar salary to take on to move up 30 places in the late rounds.

This is a back scratch.

1 hour ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

4 year buyout length. $1.5 mil hit every year, except year two which is $6 mil!!!

No doubt NY needs the money. Maybe Stephen can sign him for cheap to run the PP

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

4 year buyout length. $1.5 mil hit every year, except year two which is $6 mil!!!

No doubt NY needs the money. Maybe Stephen can sign him for cheap to run the PP

Umm - Stephen?

From this point forth...He will be known as 'Grand Master Y'.

Daley and Ericsson buyout details.  Offer Shatty and Gardiner BOTH 2 years $3M.  With these two buyout, we'd only have to dip a little into LTIR, plus you never know what if happening with Green so, signing these two will help for sure. Also, we will be sending ONE G to GR, so that will lift us back out of LTIR funds.

We know this isn't happening, but it sure would generate some excitement around here.

On 8/1/2019 at 4:19 PM, F.Michael said:

Would def be an upgrade - however in a few seasons Shatty/Gardiner would probably become the next Ericsson/Daley...

I give them a 2 year contract max.  If they want a NTC to entice them some, I'd give them a full one through season 1, then have them make team lists for season 2.

Edited by LeftWinger