• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

So in your mind Joakim Nordstrom, Marcus Kruger, and Riley Nash are all worth 2nd rounders? Don't think I'd trade a 7th for any one of them...

Not sure I'd personally give up a 2nd for Boyle, but at least he was on pace for 33 pts when NJD traded him to Nashville last year.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

10 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

20-30 at his position in your opinion , don’t make it sound like it’s a fact ... he’s played zero games and I know what your trying to do with kakko which is a bad example , don’t try and pretend to lie to yourself and us and say you’d take gusev over kakko ..... we’re a rebuilding team we obviously would be ranking younger guys with huge upside over a guy who’s close to 30 

drake batherson 20 yr old kid with 20 nhl games , or gusev 27 yr old with 0 games , gimme batherson any day 

I was referring to point production, since that's what we were talking about... IF Gusev potted 50 points last season, he would have ranked 20-30 at his position. Same would apply for this season, and next. I'm not sure why that's so difficult for you to grasp...

I never said or implied that I would take Gusev over Kakko... I was just pointing out how dumb your "0 NHL games" argument is. Great players playing in the top European leagues usually translate well to the NHL. Sure, there's a chance he doesn't, and he's just a 20-30 point, 3rd line winger. But there's also a chance he becomes a 70 point top line winger. Most likely, he'll end up somewhere in the middle. That should be well worth a 2nd round pick to any team.

In what world is a 27 year old too old to acquire by NHL standards? Assuming he pans out, and doesn't endure any major injuries, he will still be an effective player into his mid 30's. That's potentially 8 years of top line production that you don't want because 2nd round picks are apparently gold...

I wasn't aware we could acquire Batherson for a 2nd round pick... We sure missed the boat on that one didn't we...

10 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

and do you think he’d be sticking around ? Cause I don’t  .... Yup And I know it’s not a popular opinion but I think when the time comes for yzerman to make a move AA will be gone , unless zadina,veleno,berggren and Hopefully our 2020 pick becomes a bust we won’t have enough spots in the top 6 so I think AA becomes expendable in a deal to get us better 

we’ll see what happens but that’s my opinion , that’s not even counting guys like mastrosimone with upside and if Svechnikov ever wakes up, if Erne has this untapped potential I keep seeing people say online ... bodies will be moved 

i wouldn’t give up the second I told you , we’re a rebuilding team and I’m looking ahead I don’t wanna draft a rasmussen next year so we can have a tingle in our ballsack cause we missed the playoffs by 10 pts instead of 22 

We get it. Athanasiou is going to be traded in the next few years... He'll be expendable because we have sooo many players coming that will be so much better than him...

Why are you just considering the top 6 though? Why not top 9? Contending teams roll three scoring lines, and that's what we need to strive for. If all those players you mention become as good or better than AA, we will have the best forward core in the entire league...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I was referring to point production, since that's what we were talking about... IF Gusev potted 50 points last season, he would have ranked 20-30 at his position. Same would apply for this season, and next. I'm not sure why that's so difficult for you to grasp...

I never said or implied that I would take Gusev over Kakko... I was just pointing out how dumb your "0 NHL games" argument is. Great players playing in the top European leagues usually translate well to the NHL. Sure, there's a chance he doesn't, and he's just a 20-30 point, 3rd line winger. But there's also a chance he becomes a 70 point top line winger. Most likely, he'll end up somewhere in the middle. That should be well worth a 2nd round pick to any team.

In what world is a 27 year old too old to acquire by NHL standards? Assuming he pans out, and doesn't endure any major injuries, he will still be an effective player into his mid 30's. That's potentially 8 years of top line production that you don't want because 2nd round picks are apparently gold...

I wasn't aware we could acquire Batherson for a 2nd round pick... We sure missed the boat on that one didn't we...

We get it. Athanasiou is going to be traded in the next few years... He'll be expendable because we have sooo many players coming that will be so much better than him...

Why are you just considering the top 6 though? Why not top 9? Contending teams roll three scoring lines, and that's what we need to strive for. If all those players you mention become as good or better than AA, we will have the best forward core in the entire league...

6 forwards at 60 pts each.  We just need 140 goals out of 17 other players to average 4 goals per game, lead the league, and win the cup.  Simple plan.  Dont know why you dont get it.  Replace your 2nd leading scorer with 5 guys who score more.  Easy peasy.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Difficult to grasp lmao it’s called having a difference of opinion ... you can rank him at 20 or whatever you wanna say but like we’ve discussed there’s other things to consider such as being a complete player and age , anyways you wanna just look at points itself congrats “he’s a top 20 guy” 

My 0 nhl games played is just as ridiculous as your oh he’s amazing in Europe so he’ll be amazing here argument 

whos to say this 27 yr old was gonna stick around ?he was gonna sign a one year deal and test free agency and go for the biggest money available 

Batherson was brought up as being someone I’d rank higher than gusev on your famous list of top wingers plain and simple 

anyways I’m done with this stupid gusev bulls*** , you wanna annoint the guy already as some top player go ahead 

yes your right , AA and the forward group will remain untouched 

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

6 forwards at 60 pts each.  We just need 140 goals out of 17 other players to average 4 goals per game, lead the league, and win the cup.  Simple plan.  Dont know why you dont get it.  Replace your 2nd leading scorer with 5 guys who score more.  Easy peasy.

Blues had 2 players over 60 pts this year.

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Difficult to grasp lmao it’s called having a difference of opinion ... you can rank him at 20 or whatever you wanna say but like we’ve discussed there’s other things to consider such as being a complete player and age , anyways you wanna just look at points itself congrats “he’s a top 20 guy” 

My 0 nhl games played is just as ridiculous as your oh he’s amazing in Europe so he’ll be amazing here argument 

whos to say this 27 yr old was gonna stick around ?he was gonna sign a one year deal and test free agency and go for the biggest money available 

Batherson was brought up as being someone I’d rank higher than gusev on your famous list of top wingers plain and simple 

anyways I’m done with this stupid gusev bulls*** , you wanna annoint the guy already as some top player go ahead 

So you think Batherson is currently better than Gusev. This will be fun to watch.

Who's to say Batherson is even gonna stick with Ottawa thou anyway? He's gonna test free agency and go for the biggest money available

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Comprehension is hard...

For the 5th time... Gusev would have been ranked in the top 20-30 in points IF he had scored 50 points last season. I am not talking about other intangibles he may or may not bring to the table. We were talking about points. That's it.

By the way, based on the KHL to NHL point conversion, Gusev would have put up 80 points in 82 NHL games last season, so "50 points" is on the low-end of what we could expect from him.

Every argument or "difference of opinion" you have with someone, you always back yourself into a corner and start strawmanning to nth degree... I never once said he would be "amazing in the NHL". The only argument I've ever made, is that taking a gamble on an elite KHL player costing only a 2nd round pick, is a no-brainer for everyone, except you apparently...

He's signed for 2 years. If he's not going to stick around, and you would know that before the two years is up, you trade him, for likely a MUCH higher return than what you traded away to acquire him.

Again, never said anything about "AA and the forward group remaining untouched"... I've actually advocated trading Athanasiou in the past. Keep up...

Just now, GMRwings1983 said:

Always wanted to reenact that scene in a crowded room.  That and Heston's wonderful speech at the end of Soylent Green.  

Back in college I tried to get a "guerilla theater" group together. The idea was we'd basically just do really elaborate flash mob stuff. Disney musical numbers, famous monologues. Never really got off the ground, sadly.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Blues had 2 players over 60 pts this year.

So you think Batherson is currently better than Gusev. This will be fun to watch.

Who's to say Batherson is even gonna stick with Ottawa thou anyway? He's gonna test free agency and go for the biggest money available

I think he will be better , how many times do I have to say that we’re a rebuilding team and I have my eyes towards the future and not just today, which we’re gonna win squat with gusev or no gusev 

batherson is 21 , he’ll be in Ottawa for at least another 6 years 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

18 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Back in college I tried to get a "guerilla theater" group together. The idea was we'd basically just do really elaborate flash mob stuff. Disney musical numbers, famous monologues. Never really got off the ground, sadly.

geek

46 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Comprehension is hard...

For the 5th time... Gusev would have been ranked in the top 20-30 in points IF he had scored 50 points last season. I am not talking about other intangibles he may or may not bring to the table. We were talking about points. That's it.

By the way, based on the KHL to NHL point conversion, Gusev would have put up 80 points in 82 NHL games last season, so "50 points" is on the low-end of what we could expect from him.

Every argument or "difference of opinion" you have with someone, you always back yourself into a corner and start strawmanning to nth degree... I never once said he would be "amazing in the NHL". The only argument I've ever made, is that taking a gamble on an elite KHL player costing only a 2nd round pick, is a no-brainer for everyone, except you apparently...

He's signed for 2 years. If he's not going to stick around, and you would know that before the two years is up, you trade him, for likely a MUCH higher return than what you traded away to acquire him.

Again, never said anything about "AA and the forward group remaining untouched"... I've actually advocated trading Athanasiou in the past. Keep up...

Apparently so

you never said he’d be amazing yet according to your “khl to nhl conversions” he’s a top 10 nhl player lmao ... ya whatever you say 

anyways I’m done with all this nonsense , we’ve been through this s*** a while ago for what seemed to last  forever and I’m not gonna through this bs everyday again cause he scored a f***en goal 

Keep up ha, sorry I try avoid reading whatever nonsense you have to say when possible 

laterz 

24 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Exhibit A for why bullying is not only a good thing, but effective as well

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I think he will be better , how many times do I have to say that we’re a rebuilding team and I have my eyes towards the future and not just today, which we’re gonna win squat with gusev or no gusev 

batherson is 21 , he’ll be in Ottawa for at least another 6 years 

IDK you keep saying it, despite no one asking or seemingly caring.

Gusev is 27. He could be with NJD for another 8+ years.

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Apparently so

you never said he’d be amazing yet according to your “khl to nhl conversions” he’s a top 10 nhl player lmao ... ya whatever you say 

anyways I’m done with all this nonsense , we’ve been through this s*** a while ago for what seemed to last  forever and I’m not gonna through this bs everyday again cause he scored a f***en goal 

Keep up ha, sorry I try avoid reading whatever nonsense you have to say when possible 

laterz 

Do you think NJD overpaid for Gusev?

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Exhibit A for why bullying is not only a good thing, but effective as well

Hey man, if you're content to live in a world without 15 people playing Reign in Blood on bagpipes in a Panera Bread, more power to you. Me personally, I'm not. I believe we can and must do better. Not just for ourselves, but for our children, and for our children's children.

12 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Again with the straw man... I never said anything about that conversion rate making Gusev a top 10 player in the league... But yeah, I am the one that came up with all those hockey league scoring conversions...

Adding good players on the cheap does in no way contradict looking to the future imho

But you have to wonder why Vegas traded him though if he projects to be THAT good. Seems like there should be other pieces you can move to fit 4,500,000.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Hey man, if you're content to live in a world without 15 people playing Reign in Blood on bagpipes in a Panera Bread, more power to you.

I'm sure we are all very fine.

3 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Adding good players on the cheap does in no way contradict looking to the future imho

But you have to wonder why Vegas traded him though if he projects to be THAT good. Seems like there should be other pieces you can move to fit 4,500,000.

Vegas didn't have the capspace and "liked their team". I believe they offered him $2 mil at 2 years.