• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/10 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Islanders 5

Rate this topic

For the last 10 years it seems no matter how good the Wings are and how BAD the Islanders have been the Isles ALWAYS Seem to play the Wings very tough. I have no idea and or theory as to why this happens but it does. I think anyone predicting a huge Wings victory should take a quick look at the recent history of this series...

Jan 12, 2010 Islanders 6, Red Wings 0

Dec. 31, 2010 Islanders 4 Red Wings 3

In fact, from Lighthouse Hockey, the Isles online fan page: Is it tempting fate too much to mention the odd "streak" the Islanders have going against the Red Wings (4-0-1)

I still say the WIngs will win but I'll make no score predictions...

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think the Wings have a tough time getting up for the Isles. I will say Wings 4, Isles 3.

Nabby won´t play tonight.

Islanders recalled Kevin Poulin.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/red_wings-islanders_set-up_and_overnight_report_competition_levels_a_concer/

instead of utilizing Wing for-a-day Evgeni Nabokov against the Wings, the Islanders recalled 21-year-old goalie Kevin Poulin, who has all of 11 NHL games under his belt, and will start him tonight.

Current Streaks

Regular-Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game winning streak (overtime)

Away: 1-game winning streak (overtime)

Historical Regular-Season Streaks v. New York Islanders

Overall: 3-game losing streak (2 shutouts, 1 overtime)

Away: 1-game losing streak (shutout)

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season

Overall: 6W-4L

Away: 5W-5L

Last Ten Games – Current Regular-Season v. New York Islanders

Overall: 5W-3L-1T-1OTL

Away: 6W-2L-2T

Home Games / Away games

This is the final game of a four consecutive away games

Record v. New York Islanders

All-time, Overall

96G: 46W-43L-6T-0RT-1OTL

All-time, Away v. New York Islanders

48G: 20W-24L-4T

Season Record v. New York Islanders

This is the only game v. New York Islanders this season

Record on this Day

January 10

This is the 35th regular-season game played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous 34 games:

16W-14L-2T

This is the 2nd regular-season game v. New York Islanders played on this day. The Club’s record in the previous game:

0W-0L-1T

LGW.

It's matchups like this, against vastly inferior teams, that terrify me. The Wings have a tendency of not coming out of the gate firing.

I wish Conklin would get a consecutive start, though.

But here's hoping for 7 points for Datsyuk and a hat trick for Franzen or Zetterberg.

....such as, I'm happy that I'll get to watch all of this one!

I meant to give you a + for this not a - bad me :(

I'll be here but have to miss part of it, maybe it'll work to be intermission. We'll have our chance to see Nabokov to see what we're missing out on. Wish Conklin would have gotten another start...but this is Bacock's way, probably won't see Ty for another month.

I say we'll have a good night.

Go Wings!!

I meant to give you a + for this not a - bad me :(

I'll be here but have to miss part of it, maybe it'll work to be intermission. We'll have our chance to see Nabokov to see what we're missing out on. Wish Conklin would have gotten another start...but this is Bacock's way, probably won't see Ty for another month.

I say we'll have a good night.

Go Wings!!

I fixed the accidental neg for you. :P

Early puck drop for me, but i will rush home for most of the first... no Nabby, meh. They should let Ty play again, IMO.

Go Wings!!

Conklin is getting the start. I swear if they lose to the Islanders due to poor goaltending...

no_hit_SI_pic_normal.jpgTrevor Thompson @iamtrevort10m

#RedWings to go with Ty Conklin tonight vs the #Islanders as Mike Babcock goes for win #400 Catch it on #FoxSportsDetroitPlus at 6:30!

It's matchups like this, against vastly inferior teams, that terrify me. The Wings have a tendency of not coming out of the gate firing.

I wish Conklin would get a consecutive start, though.

But here's hoping for 7 points for Datsyuk and a hat trick for Franzen or Zetterberg.

I agree. If the Wings lose, it will likely come as a result of poor play. If the Wings win, it is expected.

It looks like Conklin is getting the nod- I'm excited. Howard has earned a rest and there are a lot of games in the coming weeks before the all-star break.

Ya I like the start with Conks. Coming off a nice performance last game itll be good for him to get the confidence building. I also like this start because now in the back of the players heads they wanna play good for him, instead of relying on Howie to win this by himself.

This motivation will prevent us from sucking tonight....hopefully.