Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

2/12 GDT : Flyers 3 at Red Wings 4

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#21 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,811 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

As far as I remember, the majority on this forum didn't want Jagr in Detroit, especially for the salary that he got in Philadelphia.

Ya, a lot of folks didn't. I wouldn't have minded him here, but not at his salary. This may be hard to say, but I'd rather have Franzen at his cap hit than Jagr at his.... :puke:

...sorry, that just snuck up on me...I will get a mop.

ah, but LGW posters are very fickle. Many didn't want to give Hudler another shot but alas, those posters are nowhere to be found.

I am here! Present! Accounted for!

I do agree with you though, it seems I had a ton of supporters over the summer in my dislike for the little Piddler, but I am proud to say, my opinion has never faltered! :lol:

I am glad he is doing better, but only because it makes his trade value higher. BUT nobody wants him except Holland, so we will see him here again, for even more wasted cap space.

But that is just my opinion. At least he is playing better...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#22 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,134 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

So, tying an NHL record would be a great birthday present for me.

Also, somebody please tell me why in the hell we didn't sign Jagr?

Word,
LDi03

I'd just try and focus on what's important. Instead of signing with his former penguins, he signed with their intra-state rival Flyers. :lol:

#23 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

The Wings need their "A" game tonight, that's for sure. I'm sure we'll be swearing at the TV all night, the Flyers seem to get away with a lot of Bulls***.

Not sure on the decision to sit Commie tonight....may be a bit short-sighted.

:siren: :siren: GO WINGS!!! :siren: :siren:
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#24 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

The Wings need their "A" game tonight, that's for sure. I'm sure we'll be swearing at the TV all night, the Flyers seem to get away with a lot of Bulls***.

But bro, Kindl got a goal last game

Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#25 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Funny pic Trevor Thompson posted today lol

Posted Image
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#26 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,134 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

Funny pic Trevor Thompson posted today lol

Posted Image

:lol:

maybe they're trying to instill the idea in Mule he has to work hard and battle to get to the areas he wants?

#27 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

I expect the Flyers to run Joey Mac early and often tonight.

Everyone seems to have decided it's open season on our goalies, and the Flyers do it regardless. I'm not sure just Commie is enough, but I agree to the hope that he'll be in there.

#28 BryceWings

BryceWings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

Go Wings!!! #20 hopefully

#29 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

Tonight's Officials
Referees Steve Kozari (#40) & Dennis LaRue (#14) Linesmen Michel Cormier (#76) & Vaughan Rody (#73)

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#30 Ray1905

Ray1905

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:08 PM

I just want Talbot to have a miserable game.

Go Wings!!!
Read less, more TV.

#31 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

#20 for #20 Drew with the hat trick.

You heard it here first.

Go Wings! Please play like you did against the Ducks for the last minute or two of the game, except play like that all game.

#32 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Our big boys need to be our best tonight! You know the Flyers would LOVE to break our streak!
C'me on boys! Number 20!!!!!! Let's dothis thing! :cool:
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#33 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,073 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

It's a mistake to not have Commodore in this game. I don't understand why he's sitting against tough teams, guys like Sestito and Rinaldo are gonna run around all game and we'll have no response.

Alas, hopefully Joey plays well and we can get the two points, that's all that matters :thumbup:

#NOMOREKINDL

#34 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

PS looks like it's kindl in tonight....article in the free taking about Kindl always wanting to play against his childhood idol ( Jagr)
I really wanted Commie in for tonight...I think not using him in this game where physicality will play a big role is a mistake. Just my opinion!
Go wings!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#35 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

Two things:
The Flyers played yesterday and that's good for us. The bad thing is they lost so they may take their pissedness out on us.
If the Flyers really hate the Bruins they'll let us win so we can tie their record.

OK, three things. SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#36 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Two things:
The Flyers played yesterday and that's good for us. The bad thing is they lost so they may take their pissedness out on us.
If the Flyers really hate the Bruins they'll let us win so we can tie their record.

OK, three things. SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK.

I'm pretty sure the Bruins AND Flyers hold the record... I don't think they will be letting us win any time soon. I wish this kind of achievement would have Jimmy playing for it because you know he would play balls to the wall but I have faith Macdonald will play well. 5-3 Wings.

#37 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

1329078547[/url]' post='2255461']
I'm pretty sure the Bruins AND Flyers hold the record... I don't think they will be letting us win any time soon. I wish this kind of achievement would have Jimmy playing for it because you know he would play balls to the wall but I have faith Macdonald will play well. 5-3 Wings.

Damn. You're right about the Flyers. Then again, if the Wings can't get up for this game they may be a lost cause anyway.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#38 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm seeing a big game from Filppula tonight. And by seeing, I mean desperately hoping.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#39 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Wings Lineup
Lineup is at the bottom of the article.

He's listed as a healthy scratch but I'm not so sure. Wings may be hiding a minor injury. It didn't make sense keeping him out of the Ducks' game either.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 12 February 2012 - 04:29 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#40 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

I am kind of disappointed by Babcock continuing to keep the top 2 lines the same because they clearly have become very stale the last couple of games. WIth that said, if things go good tonight at the start with his lines then all the power to him. But if they remain looking stale I would like to see them switched up a bit. I really want Pavs and Hank to play together, but clearly Babcock does not want to right now so maybe he should try:

Filpulla- Datsyuk- Bertuzzi : I think Fil and Pavs work so well together and Bert creates space... this would also force Pavs to shoot the puck more than he has been.

Franzen- Zetterberg- Hudler : Franzen and Hank work well together in the past and this line was very good in the past so could spark energy.

Either way I think that some new lines are necessary and if Babs refuses to play the Eurotwins together, this may be the best bet until the trade deadline.