• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

nyqvististhefuture

Dustin Brown being shopped around

Rate this topic

l.a is apparently shopping him , i know its probably a 0% chance we'd get him but i think hed be a perfect fit here , hes gritty and physical , locked up for another 2 years at 3.1 cap hit ... 27 years old ... he'd be great here and would definetly give us a big boost for the playoffs

would you want him ?? what would you trade for him?

Unfortunetly i think they want scoring and i cant see anyone we'd be willing to part with in our top 6 and cleary has a no trade

really doubt it be enough but maybe id do a emmerton/kindl and a 2nd rounder for brown

I absolutely love Dustin Brown and have long wanted him on the Wings. What it would take to get him here, I don't know. I'd also imagine that if the Kings do move him that they would move him to the East. I can't see the Kings, who are battling for 8th in the West, trading Brown to the current 1 seed.

I absolutely love Dustin Brown and have long wanted him on the Wings. What it would take to get him here, I don't know. I'd also imagine that if the Kings do move him that they would move him to the East. I can't see the Kings, who are battling for 8th in the West, trading Brown to the current 1 seed.

Unless there's a three-way deal! :P

esteef

Unless there's a three-way deal! :P

esteef

i was thinkin of that as well before i posted this because they want scoring , yzerman to the rescue again??? lol

dean lombardi is probably gonna get fired if he doesnt make the playoffs so im sure hes a bit more desperate and doesnt care about the future

maybe a deal that includes ryan malone for dustin brown

then tb ships brown for our 2nd pick as well along with emmerton and kindl ?? gives tb some youth and more picks which yzerman wants to get

Probably cost something like cleary, smith and a pick. Maybe more.

i really like dustin brown alot but i HIGHLY doubt it would cost a team there #1 prospect , and 1st round pick and a 20 goal scorer ... cleary has a no trade clause so i cant see us making a bid if we were even interested unless it was another 3 way deal

Well i think the kings laugh in our face offering emmerton, kindl and a 2nd for a 27 year old right handed winger that hits a ton and can pk with a good cap hit that has put up 30 goals before.

thats fair enough , i doubt it would be enough as well ... what about a 3 way deal where a team is looking to add some youth and picks?

I really want Brad Stuart for playoffs, but since it looks like were gonna lose him to the west coast in the off-season anyways, maybe a Stuart for Brown deal. I know the Kings need scoring but they also could use another defensemen with Jack Johnson now gone. Doubt it will happen, but just a thought. Would probably have to throw in a pick/prospect with Stuart since he's a UFA. I'm sure he would resign with the Kings though! I would also do maybe Hudler, Tatar, 3rd round pick or something of that nature if the kings would want it. Think Brown would really fit in nice with the Wings. He's a righty too and loves to hit! Tatar is overrated imo anyways!

I love this idea. He plays a great game and I think he would bring a new element to our team. Sadly I don't see it happening simply because we don't have what they need for a run for the playoffs this year.

The Kings are trying to make a long playoff run this year and Stuart would definitely help that plus I'm sure he would resign there. I know it will take more than that I was just saying that is a possibility!

Yeah I'm that thought has come to many people here but the Wings need Stuart for a long playoff run too.

Sounds like Lombardi's backtracking now, per Elliotte Friedman.

Trade deadline craziness: Lombardi telling inquiring GMs that Dustin Brown is not available. Can't wait until this is over.
It's possibe that Kings backtracked after Brown's name got out.

l.a is apparently shopping him , i know its probably a 0% chance we'd get him but i think hed be a perfect fit here , hes gritty and physical , locked up for another 2 years at 3.1 cap hit ... 27 years old ... he'd be great here and would definetly give us a big boost for the playoffs

would you want him ?? what would you trade for him?

Unfortunetly i think they want scoring and i cant see anyone we'd be willing to part with in our top 6 and cleary has a no trade

really doubt it be enough but maybe id do a emmerton/kindl and a 2nd rounder for brown

Why would you say it's a 0% chance? Holland's shopping list reportedly included a forward and a d-man. He's got one of those two things... odd are he's still kicking the tires on another.

I doubt Brown could be had for a fringe roster player and a late 2nd, but he has struggled with injuries this season so maybe it could be that cheap (but if so you have to think another team could match that). I imagine the minimum would be a 1st and a roster player or quality prospect.

I'd love if we could get Brown, but I'd be happy with anyone who can improve the PK, win a ton of face-offs and provide some grit.

I'd love Brown, but it wouldn't make sense for the Kings to trade him for anything but an offensive upgrade. They're desperate for scoring, and Carter isn't good enough to justify moving one of the few scorers they already had, especially considering Johnson was a valuable piece of their offense.

I don't think there's a deal that would make sense to both sides here.

Brown would be nice, but we would be reducing our chances of landing Parise/Suter if we commit money elsewhere.

i actually heard parise and suter wanna do like lebron and chris bosh did and package themselves to a team , man if we could pull that off we'd have also a great chance of getting weber in 2 years but we'd have to depart some salary like letting hudler go and maybe trade cleary unless he has a full no trade? that would be like 6 million right there

i really like dustin brown alot but i HIGHLY doubt it would cost a team there #1 prospect , and 1st round pick and a 20 goal scorer ... cleary has a no trade clause so i cant see us making a bid if we were even interested unless it was another 3 way deal

His NTC expired two weeks before 27th, hasn't it?

His NTC expired two weeks before 27th, hasn't it?

i just checked

Cleary's contract includes a no-trade clause for the first 3 1/2 years, a concession the Red Wings were willing to make in a cap-friendly deal before he became a free agent this summer.

his deal is up as we speak , if we could sign parise and suter in the off season kennys gotta seriously consider letting hudler go and trading cleary , he's the only forward with pretty decent high salary that i can see us letting go