• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jeff48109

Red Wings recall Doug Janik, Chris Conner and Jordan Pearce from GR

Rate this topic

Good thing we just traded Commodore !

Lol. Almost just posted that myself. I wasn't a big Commodore fan but I'm not sure why (unless you think Janik is better) that you trade defensive depth right before the playoffs.

Meh, I'd rather have Kindl, Smith, and Janik all in ahead of Commie.

As long as JMac stays healthy we should be fine. Zetterberg and Filppula can't do everything by themselves offensively. The team needs to step up now more than ever.

We might have the toughest team we've dressed in years.

This might seriously hurt our playoff seeding (I still don't know if that matters or not), but we should be OK long term. I don't think Lidstrom or Ericsson are diagnosed as being out a long time.

Why the hell wont Holland call up Nyquist? Put him with Franzen and Bertuzzi - put skill with skill. Hes no Pavel - but hes no slouch either. This "over-ripe" philosophy is growing tiresome ... hes one of Detroits top notch prospects - not some mid round "lets hope he can mature with a few years on the farm guys". LEts not kid ourselves - Pav and Hank got the chance to play on great teams out of the gate and got to play with seasoned veteran winners that still had skill. A small quickguy with hands and brains feeding the puck to Mule or Bert - is it really that much different than Pavel setting up Hull? Bring up some skill and give them a chance for a top 6 spot while we have injuries.

In an effort to destroy the season, as well as undermine his own job security, Ken Holland decided to move Commie because he knew that we were going to have three defensemen get injured a week after the trade.

In an effort to destroy the season, as well as undermine his own job security, Ken Holland decided to move Commie because he knew that we were going to have three defensemen get injured a week after the trade.

Haha, well I wasn't calling out Kenny for trading him, more of a "just our luck that this would happen" sort of thing. It's just a bummer since Kenny kind of was doing Commie a favour by trading him somewhere where he would get playing time like he desired and now, one week later, it would've been nice to have him around.

Man the injuries are piling up. At least we have some likeable and dependable call up guys. Love Conner and Janik :thumbup:

However, the line-up is getting thin

Filppula-Zetterberg-Hudler

Miller-Abdelkader-Cleary

Connor-Helm-Franzen

Mursak-Emmerton-Holmstrom

Kronwall-Stuart

White-Quincey

Janik-Smith

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Don't we usually do this in February? Wow, first they show up for games in the third period, then they show up for injuries a month late.

If it means we'll be in the playoffs a month later than the last couple of years, I'm all for it, but I'm not sure that will translate.

We'll never see Nyquist in a Red Wings uniform

I really hope you're wrong. I was up at the Griffins game on Saturday and Nyquist was just a beast. He's going to be a joy to watch when we get to see him regularly.

I'd imagine leaving Nyquist with GR this time has more to do with striking a balance between keeping the Wings competitive and keeping the Griffins at least somewhat in the playoff hunt than it does with any sort of displeasure Kenny & Co. might have with him.

Why the hell wont Holland call up Nyquist? Put him with Franzen and Bertuzzi - put skill with skill. Hes no Pavel - but hes no slouch either. This "over-ripe" philosophy is growing tiresome ... hes one of Detroits top notch prospects - not some mid round "lets hope he can mature with a few years on the farm guys". LEts not kid ourselves - Pav and Hank got the chance to play on great teams out of the gate and got to play with seasoned veteran winners that still had skill. A small quickguy with hands and brains feeding the puck to Mule or Bert - is it really that much different than Pavel setting up Hull? Bring up some skill and give them a chance for a top 6 spot while we have injuries.

are you serious? You go on to talk about how he is a top prospect and high level, then you want him to have his first NHL experience playing with Franzen? Do you want to taint his work ethic?

...uh, you are not seriously comparing Franzen to Hull are you? Pavel setting up Hull is not comparable to anyone, not even Hossa, but even Pavel setting up Hossa had way better production than Franzen's lazy ass.

Next thing we'll be hearing is how Franzen is the next Fedorov...