• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwingfan19

Milbury slams Blysma and Crosby

Rate this topic

And, predictably, Milbury pusses out while Uncle Gary makes him apologize to his precious baby boy and his crying fans. Ugh. There goes that little, tiny shred of respect I had gained for Milbury.

http://sports.yahoo....-163552336.html

God forbid HWSNBN has to take his lumps like every player does, including taking s*** from TV talking heads. The poor widdle pwincess.

Edited by Electrophile

Even when he scored the Olympic goal in 2010 the first thing I said (after jumping up and celebrating) was "uggghhh, I wish it was ANYONE but him". Because he was a complete ghost 95% of that tournament and got all the credit - just like in 2009 when he was a minus player almost every game, couldnt win faceoffs, and put up no numbers in the finals but because of who he is its viewed as HIS victory.

Yea when Crosby scored that OT winner the first thing I said was, "Why Crosby?"

And yea again, in 2009 Malkin, Talbot, Fleury, the NHL (for not suspending Malkin for Game 3), and the refs (for not being able to count to 6) won the Cup. It wasn't Crosby.

Yea when Crosby scored that OT winner the first thing I said was, "Why Crosby?"

And yea again, in 2009 Malkin, Talbot, Fleury, the NHL (for not suspending Malkin for Game 3), and the refs (for not being able to count to 6) won the Cup. It wasn't Crosby.

For the upteenth time:

Malkin wasn't the only one who's suspension based on that rule was rescinded. He wasn't out there to send a message and the suspension wasn't necessary in that case.

jroc: Who said it was Crosby's victory and no one elses? Malkin won the Conn Smythe, everyone celebrated with the cup, Talbot was praised for his two goals in that series as well as other players throughout (including Staal's shorthanded goal in game 4).

Better get out your torch and pitchforks, it's a Wings fan defending Crysby.

Shaman: I haven't seen any evidence that Crosby gets preferential treatment from the league compared to everyone else. Guess what? Star players, liked or not, tend to get the benefit of the doubt over lower players. It isn't just Crosby.

Edited by Doc Holliday

God forbid HWSNBN has to take his lumps like every player does, including taking s*** from TV talking heads. The poor widdle pwincess.

Careful - you'll have Majsheppard on your case for gender stereotyping ;)

Malkin wasn't the only one who's suspension based on that rule was rescinded. He wasn't out there to send a message and the suspension wasn't necessary in that case.

This makes it sound like skill players are exempt from the rule. He acted tough within the last 5, apply the f***in rule and don't read the f***in' jersey first! f***!

esteef

There goes that little, tiny shred of respect I had gained for Milbury.

Well, just to play devil's advocate, Milbury does have pretty powerful bosses over his shoulder. He's in a profession where it seems as if he's very replaceable if he isn't willing to be a talking head. He has to make a living somehow and I would imagine that hockey might be all that Milbury really knows in his life. His prospects for coaching don't seem bright and his hopes for a GM job could be all but dead in the water (If any of you don't know Milbury's history as a GM, look it up, it's HIGH-larious). Broadcasting might just be all that he has left. In some ways he's lucky just to have a job in the NHL and he can't really fight the power all that much.

That said... I'd really like him off the air. :cool:

Spoiled little baby boy just doesn't ******* get it.

That kind of reminds me of the 2009 finals where the press would ask him about why he felt the need to cross check Z after the whistles so much and he said something to the effect of, 'I'm not going to say he started it... But he started it...." It was obviously not in those words but the sentiment was similar.

That kind of reminds me of the 2009 finals where the press would ask him about why he felt the need to cross check Z after the whistles so much and he said something to the effect of, 'I'm not going to say he started it... But he started it...." It was obviously not in those words but the sentiment was similar.

Yep. Z "started it" by completely owning the little ****** nozzle.

For the upteenth time:

jroc: Who said it was Crosby's victory and no one elses? Malkin won the Conn Smythe, everyone celebrated with the cup, Talbot was praised for his two goals in that series as well as other players throughout (including Staal's shorthanded goal in game 4).

Better get out your torch and pitchforks, it's a Wings fan defending Crysby.

Shaman: I haven't seen any evidence that Crosby gets preferential treatment from the league compared to everyone else. Guess what? Star players, liked or not, tend to get the benefit of the doubt over lower players. It isn't just Crosby.

I don't think message sending was the issue for malkin. I thought it was because he didn't have his jersey tied down. Same thing Hossa received a 1 game suspension for earlier in the season.

This makes it sound like skill players are exempt from the rule. He acted tough within the last 5, apply the f***in rule and don't read the f***in' jersey first! f***!

esteef

Not if you understand the spirit of the rule it doesn't.

Scott Walker suckered Aaron Ward (oh memories!) and took an instigator penalty during the 2009 Eastern Semi Finals and his suspension was also rescinded. He was only fined for the sucker punch.

Do you think Scott Walker was a "skill" player that year?

I don't think message sending was the issue for malkin. I thought it was because he didn't have his jersey tied down. Same thing Hossa received a 1 game suspension for earlier in the season.

If that was the case Zetterberg would have also been suspended.

Edited by Doc Holliday

If that was the case Zetterberg would have also been suspended.

That actually was the case and Zetter wasn't suspended. If you look at the game summary you'll notice malkin received the instigator and the misconduct. Does the instigator always include a misconduct with it?

Edited by Rick

Or when they asked him what he thought of Zata pretty much singlehandedly killing that one penalty, he said something to the effect of "I didn't think it was a big deal, anyone could do that." Little prick.

That actually was the case and Zetter wasn't suspended. If you look at the game summary you'll notice malkin received the instigator and the misconduct. Does the instigator always include a misconduct with it?

What's the argument here?

You don't get suspended for not having your jersey tied down.

Or when they asked him what he thought of Zata pretty much singlehandedly killing that one penalty, he said something to the effect of "I didn't think it was a big deal, anyone could do that." Little prick.

“He made a good play on me, got my stick. But just did a good job of trying to get a stick in the lane. I don’t think he did anything out of the ordinary, besides any other guy would do on a five on three.

Yup.

Edited by Doc Holliday

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip651491#clip651491

Milbury backs down, hopefully the same doesn't happen with Flyers' assistant coach Craig Berube (link above). Again, calling them as he sees them: Crosby and Malkin get away with more slashes, cross-checks, elbows, and sucker-punch bulls*** than anyone in the league. Never penalized for the s*** they do, and yet Crosby is always at the center of complaining to officials and media, a shove he received is the topic discussion more so than all the slashes and s*** he got away with. Like Milbury said "Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop".

Yes, plenty of other people are guilty of all the things for which people fault Crosby and use in their (probably altogether vain) attempts to somehow tear him down. And, were this just about the allegations in question, that'd be that. Thing is, though, it's not really about the allegations (not primarily, at least).

It's not "Crosby's a DIVER!"

It's "CROSBY's a diver!"

Plenty of people pull the same s*** he pulls. But plenty of people aren't him. He is the face of the National Hockey League, and, by extension, the current face of ice hockey itself. People who bash him, what they're sore about is the fact that ice hockey's biggest star, the NHL's golden boy, the guy who more than a few have called the next Gretzky, is kind of a ****** bag.

I'm sure he's actually a really great guy and all. But that's essentially moot. The issue is that The Next Great One, for whatever reasons, real or imagined, valid or inane, seems to have this way of inspiring intense loathing in one out of every, say, ten people - when, ideally, you'd like for it be more like one in every, say, hundred. In other words, you'd like for him to be more likeable - because, at the end of the day, this guy is (one more time!) The One. And we're stuck with him. For a long time.

I think he's a sore loser after games and in the heat of the moment. It's a sign of his competitiveness but also his immaturity.

But in an interview situation he did say this:

(jump to 1:53)

No, but he's the one that gets shoved down our throats and treated like he's the second coming.

In all fairness, he is the best the NHL has seen since Lemieux and/or Gretzky...and has a chance if he stays healthy to have one of the best careers ever.

I can understand Detroit fans not liking him, as he is outspoken, is very good and has beaten Detroit in the finals recently...but as a Blues fan, there hasn't been anything on the ice in a Blues-Pens game to cause me to hate him.

In all fairness, he is the best the NHL has seen since Lemieux and/or Gretzky...and has a chance if he stays healthy to have one of the best careers ever.

I can understand Detroit fans not liking him, as he is outspoken, is very good and has beaten Detroit in the finals recently...but as a Blues fan, there hasn't been anything on the ice in a Blues-Pens game to cause me to hate him.

Correction, his TEAM beat Detroit, Crosby was shut down by Zetterberg in the Finals.

esteef

Its nothing to do with losing to him in '09. Plenty of Wings fans hated him before then. Me personally, I had nothing against him before the 08 finals, though there were already plenty of Crosby haters around. Seeing him up close and personal for 6 games led to my (and many others) personal dislike of him. Then the 08-09 Regular season, with the NHL advert that led you to believe Crosby won the cup in '08 and having him relentlessly rammed down your throat in all other regards was just oil on the fire.

The 09 playoffs was merely more confirmation of what we already thought of him. Interestingly I work with a guy who's a big Canadiens fan, who never understood my Crosby dislike - until Montreal played Pittsburgh in the playoffs. After that series (which Montreal also won) he came up to me and said "I now understand why you hate Crosby"

What a f***in spineless s***head Milbury is for apologizing. If you believe in what you say then you don't change because some dickhead tells you to or fines you for your opinion. s***head is a millionaire and can afford a fine for what he believes in. If he didn't believe it then shut your face at the beginning. Now he just looks like a spineless piss ant.

What a f***in spineless s***head Milbury is for apologizing. If you believe in what you say then you don't change because some dickhead tells you to or fines you for your opinion. s***head is a millionaire and can afford a fine for what he believes in. If he didn't believe it then shut your face at the beginning. Now he just looks like a spineless piss ant.

Milbury doesn't work for the NHL so they can't fine him. And I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that Bettman told him to apologize.

Most likely someone at NBC told him that, true as it may be, they thought he went too far. Or maybe Milbury decided it on his own? Though that seems highly unlikely.

Milbury doesn't work for the NHL so they can't fine him. And I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe that Bettman told him to apologize.

Most likely someone at NBC told him that, true as it may be, they thought he went too far. Or maybe Milbury decided it on his own? Though that seems highly unlikely.

Yeah. I doubt the NHL was involved at the league level at all. More likely it was NBC telling him to tone it back. Keep in mind that, even if the NHL doesn't say anything, the Pens can tell NBC that they're going to restrict access to certain stars if that's the type of coverage they're going to get. I'm not insinuating that this was Crosby getting any different treatment than any other star player, mind you. But if a team tells their broadcasting partner that they'll no longer have the level of lockerroom or personal interest story access they're accustomed to because of disparaging remarks made by one of their analysts, the network is more than likely to apply a muzzle and an apology.

Kudos to Milbury for speaking his mind (I happen to agree with him), and I don't think any less of him for backing down some when it's almost a certainty that his check signers told him "that was a no no."

Edited by Uncle Danny

Wonder if Milbury might have opened the floodgates. Torts is joining in after tonight's game where Orpik decided to try and take out Stepan with a dirty knee-on-knee hit.

Torts on the Penguins:

It's one of the most arrogant organizations in the league. They whine about this stuff all the time, and look what happens.

Torts on the Orpik hit:

It's a cheap,dirty hit. I wonder what would happen if we did that to their 2 whining stars.

Go Torts. Go Rangers. :D

Edited by edicius