• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#41 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

But but but if the Wings win it doesn't mean anything!!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#42 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

But if the Boohoos win it will be a statement game, watch. Win/win eh?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#43 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

A certain Blues fan predicts a non-caring Blues team will beat a desperate Wings team 3-1.

I predict Franzen tries so hard that he skates around the ice at blazing speads creating a vortex that sucks up Hitchcock like Schwarzenegger's vaccum and then the entire Blues team forgets how to skate without DonutMan's mind control powers.

But the Blues will still win 3-1 because they're that good.

/I'm done now.

In all seriousness, I hope for a good effort by the Wing's tonight.

Edited by rick zombo, 04 April 2012 - 02:35 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#44 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,151 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

please keep the discussion about the game and not complaining about a specific member. Argue the point being made, not the person.

if part of a post has a personal attack or takes shots at anyone, I'm gonna delete the whole thing.

Here's your chance to edit posts before I clean house.

#45 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

2-1 Wings F/OT.

We have to win the season series so that if we face them in the playoffs, we'll get into their heads a little bit

bringit.jpg

#46 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

please keep the discussion about the game and not complaining about a specific member. Argue the point being made, not the person.

if part of a post has a personal attack or takes shots at anyone, I'm gonna delete the whole thing.

Here's your chance to edit posts before I clean house.

Duly noted.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#47 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Dude...was that necessary? Not sure what prompted that attack. I hope the mods don't see that.
But I'm sure I'll get suspended for this harmless response...kind of like getting a penalty for retaliating while the initial offender gets off scott free.

I have news for you my friend...the Blues have NOT played pedal to the metal every night, especially not recently. For most of the season, yes, they have been outstanding since Hitchcock took over and they deserve their spot in the standings. But those who are paying attention (ahem...me, me, me.) have seen them struggle a bit off an on over the past couple weeks and they didn't look very good at all in their last 2 games. They have also slipped from 1st overall to 3rd overall in that time.
I'm not sure if it's because they are already thinking about the playoffs, or if when they got all of their guys back and healthy it changed the lineup a bit and they need to adjust, or if it's just a regular old bump in the road that they'll turn around.

And I'm sure the savvy, veteran Wings team, who in the grand scheme of things, have little to prove to themselves or the league, still REALLY want home ice advantage in the first round and could quite possibly come with their "A game"...while the Blues, whom essentially have nothing to play for unless Vancouver blows their 3 pt. lead with two games left, may not have the same fire to win this game that Detroit does.

I'm not sure why that perfectly plausible scenerio is so difficult for you to understand.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll say the Blues win this game 3-1.

You are a new NHL fan, aren't you?

I'm only 21 years old and and I've been watching and playing hockey since 1998 and I live in Canada where hockey is a religion.

But yes, I am new to NHL hockey forums if that means anything to you

Edited by joesuffP, 04 April 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#48 grimace1970

grimace1970

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Girls, girls!! You're both pretty! Can we move on now?

I'm only 21 years old and and I've been watching and playing hockey since 1998 and I live in Canada where hockey is a religion.

But yes, I am new to NHL hockey forums if that means anything to you

#49 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Curt, do you have an idea as to which goalie is starting the playoffs?

#50 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

I think someone mentioned earlier that it was Halak. Or maybe I saw that somewhere else, I don't remember.

Edited by rrasco, 04 April 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#51 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

A certain Blues fan predicts a non-caring Blues team will beat a desperate Wings team 3-1.

No, actually, I said it is quite possible the Wings beat the Blues simply because the game means a lot more to them. And for some reason that thinking was attacked (even though a Wings fan said pretty much the same thing earlier in the thread), so that's when I came back with the 3-1 Blues win as a joke.
Does that clear things up?

Hopefully both teams play like it's a playoff game and we see some great hockey...with a 3-1 Blues victory of course. ;)

#52 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Let's go get fourth place back tonight!! LET'S GO RED WINGS :clap:
IPB Image

#53 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

I just read the TSN power rankings for s***s and giggles and it has us 7th which is about right, the funny thing is that under key injuries it has us listed as having none. I'm pretty sure that Helm is a key injury to this team.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#54 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

It's up in the air. Hitchcock hasn't said. And fans are kind of split on who they think should get the nod.
I don't think sharing time is a good solution in the playoffs. You can't afford to not go not go with your best every night.

If it were me, I'd go with Elliott. I think he is more deserving because of how consistently good he has been all year.

How do you not start a goalie who is putting up the best numbers the NHL has seen in over 50 years?

Whoever starts in game #1, if they do not play well, you can almost be sure you'll see the other guy in for gmae #2.

#55 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Heading to the game in a little bit. If I never post again it's because I was killed :P

Taking a girl that's never watched a hockey game in her life (not a date, too young and she's never watched hockey, just work with her). She said she's going to wear a blue t-shirt. I'll never talk to her again if she becomes a Blues fan
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#56 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

Taking a girl that's never watched a hockey game in her life (not a date, too young and she's never watched hockey, just work with her). She said she's going to wear a blue t-shirt. I'll never talk to her again if she becomes a Blues fan

That's just wrong. It's a date. :hehe:

#57 redstag88

redstag88

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

It'd be nice to see at least 4 points out of these last three games

#58 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

I'd like to see the Wings come out hungry and with some attitude. I think they are more than able to beat the Blues. This is a battle of two of the Western Conference heavyweights, though the Wings haven't played that way recently. I think the Wings will play better to finish off the season and get at least 4 points in their final three games.

Pavs has the magic hands, and he's getting his legs back. Hank has been a beast, and Franzen is due for a decent game. I also think Nyquist is due for a coming out party with a big game. Howie is going to step up and win the goaltending battle in what I think is going to be an offensive shootout. Let's Go Wings!
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#59 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

I also think Nyquist is due for a coming out party with a big game.

Feel the same way. :thumbup:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#60 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Call it whatever you want. But I doubt evening up the season series is much of a concern for St. Louis right now. With where they are in the standings, why would they care that much about that?

There is a slim chance the Blues can still win the conference, so I guess they do have that to play for, but that probably won't happen. The most important things for the Blues right now are to get some of the guys back from injury into playoff shape and to of course to stay healthy.

Sure, it would be nice to win this game, and believe me, I love a Blues victory over the Wings whenever we can get it, and I'd love to win this game for a couple reasons...but in the end, this game has no bearing on where the Blues will finish, so it would not shock me if the Red Wings come out and take this game...however, that would still piss me off. :ranting:

Honestly, if the Blues come out and take it to Detroit, I'd be concerned if I were a Wings fan. Detroit SHOULD want this game a whole lot more than St. Louis. But I guess that's why they play the games.

This is a big measuring stick game for both teams, whether you think so or not.