• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Will #5 be back?

Rate this topic

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest irishock

He'll retire in 2014 when he's 44. That's the ideal age for him to retire imo.

Very unfortunately have to vote no, I don't think he's coming back. Mainly because Nick will not return unless he thinks he can be the type of defensemen and hockey player he knows he can be and has been his whole career. Something just seemed off towards the end. I hope he was just injured or something. That's what we're all hoping, for him to come back. But I wish him a clear head in his decision and thank him for all he's done for this franchise as I have grown up with him.

I want him back if he's willing to take 3 mill (by which I mean if Holland is willing to give him less) but if not then so long, Captain. It'll be hard to see him go either way. I've never seen a Red Wings team without #5

I voted yes.

While you may take his body language as him not having anything left in the tank, I saw it as him being upset that he wasn't able to do as much as he would like to help the team due to his lingering injury. And while that doesn't bode well for his recovering from any injury next year, he's been pretty damn good at keeping himself healthy this far.

I want him back if he's willing to take 3 mill (by which I mean if Holland is willing to give him less) but if not then so long, Captain. It'll be hard to see him go either way. I've never seen a Red Wings team without #5

Yzerman took 1.2 his last year...just sayin'. The long time serving member of the team should also care about where the team is headed after he hangs em' up and if he wants to go out on top, he needs to take a severe discount and make it so Holland can sign some actual talent ala Parise, not resign that slow piece of s*** Hudler.

I see him pushing the Wings brass into really doing something this year and making a final push.

Seems to me that his defeat was to much of dead weight and an injury that eventually will be healed. Not Stevie Y who was basically just trying to keep his body together enough for the team. It would really help if he took a real discount instead of just a mill, like one more year at 3/4mill.

Edited by ben_usmc

I voted yes.

While you may take his body language as him not having anything left in the tank, I saw it as him being upset that he wasn't able to do as much as he would like to help the team due to his lingering injury. And while that doesn't bode well for his recovering from any injury next year, he's been pretty damn good at keeping himself healthy this far.

+1

I'm thinking he's not coming back. The team has been in decline since we won the Cup in '08 and I don't think he'll want to put his 42 year old body through another season if the team is a 5th seed and/or getting knocked out of the playoffs. Holland needs to generate some interest and motivate him to play another year. Does that mean trade for Alfredsson? Sign a big name defenseman so he plays on the second pairing? Make a huge trade like we did in 01 with Hasek? I don't know. Holland has his work cut out for him this off season.

Guest Crymson

No. Body language says a lot. He looked defeated, just like Yzerman did in '06. It wasn't the "we just lost and I'm upset" look, either. We f***ed him over just like we f***ed over Steve.

You really are a piece of work tonight.