Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,834 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image

LA Wins 4-0

I say Blues in 7. Discuss.

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 07 May 2012 - 08:58 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,834 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#3 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

Kings in 6.

bringit.jpg

#4 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:44 AM

Kings in 7
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#5 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,834 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

Why will the Kings beat the Blues? (and vice versa)

#6 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

Quick?
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#7 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

Winner takes the Cup, IMO.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#8 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,422 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:42 AM

GO KINGS!

#9 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

Winner takes the Cup, IMO.

:thumbup:
I was gonna say winner is going to the cup finals, if LA gets over this hump and triumphs over St. Louis I think they are the favorite to win it all. Going to be a very interesting series.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#10 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:34 AM

This should be a tight checking, low scoring, multiple OT series... the Kings should take it though. Better goaltending, more scoring. Kings in 6 games.

#11 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:36 AM

Blues in 5

Blues are simply much deeper team with far better coach.

#12 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

LA is riding the "upstart" roller coaster. St. Louis is a deeper, better team with a better coach. Their collective inexperience will probably make this a messy series, so I'll say Blues in 7.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#13 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Kings in 6.
IPB Image

#14 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Go Kings! The Bloser's fairy tale ends here.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#15 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I don't know what to make of this series. I thought the Blues-Sharks series would be a grueling hard fought 6-7 game series but the Blues dismantled the Sharks. I say who ever wins this series will represent the west in the Stanley Cup Finals vs my Flyers :) I'll say this series goes to 6 or 7. For the Kings to win Quick will need to continue playing like he did in round one. Kings will need some of their goal scores to score more as well. Blues will need a solid all around play, and for their defensive game to continue to roll on all cylinders.

Posted Image

#16 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

The Kings just beat the President Trophy winners and outplayed the completely.

The Blues just beat a team that struggled to make the playoffs and lost a lot of talent over the offseason.

Kings in 6.
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#17 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

:thumbup:
I was gonna say winner is going to the cup finals, if LA gets over this hump and triumphs over St. Louis I think they are the favorite to win it all. Going to be a very interesting series.

Yeah, at the very least, this is pretty much the WCF.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#18 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

Rarely does the #8 seed go anywhere after knocking off the #1 seed.

Since the current playoff format was adopted (and prior to this year), there have been ten #8 seeds that have knocked off a #1 seed

But only the 8th seeded Edmonton Oilers in 2006 & 8th seeded Montreal Canadians in 2010 made it out of the 2nd round...and neither played a #2 seed in the 2nd round.

So a #8 seed has never beaten a #1 & #2 seed in rounds 1 & 2.

I'm not saying LA can't do it...I'm just saying it's never been done before...so maybe there is a reason for that. Maybe a team letdown after the big upset or simply running out of magic...or whatever.

LA is going to be tough. Their performance against Vancouver is exactly why I was hoping to stay away from them in Rd. 1.

Quick is a shut down goalie, but I wouldn't say that LA has better goaltending, as others have mentioned here. Elliott has been better than Quick all year long and has the numbers to back it up...and he's going to start at least the first 2 games due to Halak' injury...and Halak may be the backup if/when he does return.

I think this will be a long and low scoring series. If LA had home ice, then I'd be a little more concerned about winning this series. But with all factors considered, including home ice advantage for St. Louis, I think the Blues can get it done in 7.

#19 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

I think the Blues are the better team. Blues in 6 HOWEVER I'll be cheering for Kings in this one...

#20 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

I don't see enough of either team to analyze this series on an educated level, so I'll just say that I am officially on the Kings bandwagon for the rest of the playoffs, which probably means they bite it this round, unfortunately.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011