• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 centcougar07

centcougar07

Rookie

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:38 PM

Here come the proverbial 'the stars are aligned and the Wings will sign both Parise and Suter and we'll be a dynasty again!' posts..

People don't realize how hard it will be to sign one, let alone both of the highest coveted FA's in the market.

Edited by centcougar07, 08 May 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

I'm in agreement with everyone saying that the team needs offense more at this juncture, but I can't help but want Suter too. Getting both guys would bring the whole "Christmas in July" thing to life for me.

I'd buy one of those fake white Christmas trees - and decorate it. You have no idea. :lol:

Here come the proverbial 'the stars are aligned and the Wings will sign both Parise and Suter and we'll be a dynasty again!' posts..

People don't realize how hard it will be to sign one, let alone both of the highest coveted FA's in the market.

We'll be very lucky to get just one of Suter and Parise, never mind both.

But a man can dream. (And, honestly, it's not totally beyond the realm of possibility.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

If Holland offer them both $7.5M per for 5+ yrs. That should be enough to entice both of them. But if they'd rather sign in Columbus for $9M, then let them... I don't doubt that if their respective clubs don't see a re-signing coming, their rights will be traded before they become UFA's...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#24 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

First of all, Parise is NOT weak defensively, have you ever watched this guy play at all? Or are you simply pulling up his stats from this past year (when his centerman was injured for almost the entirety of the year)?

And you would rather have HUDLER over PARISE? lol

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

That's not what he said. He's saying he'd rather have Hudler AND someone like Jones, two players that would roughly cost the amount Parise would.

#25 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:32 PM

First of all, Parise is NOT weak defensively, have you ever watched this guy play at all? Or are you simply pulling up his stats from this past year (when his centerman was injured for almost the entirety of the year)?

And you would rather have HUDLER over PARISE? lol

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here.

I never said Hudler over parise. I said Hudler AND Jones over Parise. Would have 2 players, more goals and more grit. Now before others read into things that have not been said, let me clear a couple of things up. There is a difference between great and good. Or stars and solid. parise is a good solid player. But is parise a top 15 forward in the NHL player? No. But, to his credit, he is about to get paid like one. He also slows down dramaticly in the PO's. In 37 career PO games, he has 13 goals. About 1 g per 3 games. In the regular season he is closer to 1 per 2 games. In the end, it the playoffs that matter. He is just like most of our forwards in the fact he is not big enough to maintain his productivity in the PO's. When the games get tighter, tougher and more physical-IE playoff games, smaller players see their production drop further-unless then have other big wingers to create space. We as an organization have plenty of small forwards. We have very few big forwards, and the ones we do are old. Doing more of the same and expecting different results is foolish.

#26 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Suter has already packed his bags and is gone with the wind. He will be a Red Wing along with Parise. Throw in Moen for the 4th line to play with Eaves and Abdelkader and we're there.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#27 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

A few thing....parise is not gritty. he is also a 60 point guy, not a 80+ point guy. he is a sniper only with very average play making abilities. he is also only 5-11/190. same as most of our forwards. they need people to create space for them in the playoffs, and Parise is not going to do that. Not to mention suck up a lot of money.

Hes not super gritty but he isn't a flagrant diver anyways, a typical star player. He only failed to hit 60 points in his rookie year and has a 90 pt season. And some of those were in a defensive system. This year Zajac was injured most of the year. YOu are clueless.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#28 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Well, the preds board on HF boards seems to think he is gone. They think realistically they can't afford to have 3 players over 7 mill which would cripple them for the future (which I think is true). No team can really handle that. The wings have gone for so long without a 7+mill player let alone 3 otherwise you sacrifice depth players. And that is assuming the Nashville can afford to spend to the cap ceiling.

Whether or not the wings can entice him to sign, I can't say (obviously), but its nice to think that he may be available come free agency.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#29 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

http://prohockeytalk...ke-a-long-shot/

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#30 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

I never said Hudler over parise. I said Hudler AND Jones over Parise. Would have 2 players, more goals and more grit. Now before others read into things that have not been said, let me clear a couple of things up. There is a difference between great and good. Or stars and solid. parise is a good solid player. But is parise a top 15 forward in the NHL player? No. But, to his credit, he is about to get paid like one. He also slows down dramaticly in the PO's. In 37 career PO games, he has 13 goals. About 1 g per 3 games. In the regular season he is closer to 1 per 2 games. In the end, it the playoffs that matter. He is just like most of our forwards in the fact he is not big enough to maintain his productivity in the PO's. When the games get tighter, tougher and more physical-IE playoff games, smaller players see their production drop further-unless then have other big wingers to create space. We as an organization have plenty of small forwards. We have very few big forwards, and the ones we do are old. Doing more of the same and expecting different results is foolish.

DUDE WHAT?! Have you watched these playoffs? Have you seen Zach Parise? The guy is on fire, he is all over the ice, he is working his ass off. Stop using previous stats, jesus christ, welcome to the future, the past doesn't matter. The Mule destroyed the playoffs previously, guess where he was the past two seasons? Oh. My. Bad. What boils down is playoff performance, and Zach Parise can bring that also. He's a GREAT player, he isn't horrible defensively, if anything hes pretty damn awesome at the two way game. I just don't know if we're watching the same Zach Parise, captain of the New Jersey Devils.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#31 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

DUDE WHAT?! Have you watched these playoffs? Have you seen Zach Parise? The guy is on fire, he is all over the ice, he is working his ass off. Stop using previous stats, jesus christ, welcome to the future, the past doesn't matter. The Mule destroyed the playoffs previously, guess where he was the past two seasons? Oh. My. Bad. What boils down is playoff performance, and Zach Parise can bring that also. He's a GREAT player, he isn't horrible defensively, if anything hes pretty damn awesome at the two way game. I just don't know if we're watching the same Zach Parise, captain of the New Jersey Devils.

Agreed. Furthermore, list one young captain of an nhl team that you absolutely wouldn't covet in free agency? This is a great opportunity for the wings to better their team. Hudler is like a used piece of garbage to me when I compare him to Parise. Think of all the intangibles that Parise brings to the table as a past captain then think of the little that hudler brings off the ice.

#32 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

I just sold my soul to the Devil for Parise and Suter.
We can all breathe easy.

#33 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

We can all breathe easy.

thxbro

#34 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:23 PM

thxbro

Small price to pay if it brings us Cups.
Lol

#35 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

http://prohockeytalk...ke-a-long-shot/

Well lets hope it's the Detroit Brass salivating to sign him, and not just the fans doing the salivating...We salivate every year only to be disappointed most times, lets hope Holland is salivating so much the he owns stock in Sani-wipes...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#36 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

suter first

then gritty PKer

then parise/ top 6

#37 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,824 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Just looked on capgeek, didn't know Rinne is signed already....$7M?!?! Yikes! Through 2019? They sure threw a lot of eggs in that basket! They may lose BOTH Suter and Weber....

They really had no choice. He's an absolute stud of a goalie.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#38 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,232 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

We can all breathe easy.

Way to take one for the team. :thumbup:

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#39 Pasha 13

Pasha 13

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

I keep hearing about ryan's uncle, gary suter and how he's got some connections to detroit and would recommend detroit as a possible destination for ryan. However, looking at his career, he hasn't ever played for the wings. So I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the matter. Sorry I don't have any sources, just stuff I've read online over the past several months.

#40 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

I keep hearing about ryan's uncle, gary suter and how he's got some connections to detroit and would recommend detroit as a possible destination for ryan. However, looking at his career, he hasn't ever played for the wings. So I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the matter. Sorry I don't have any sources, just stuff I've read online over the past several months.

The Suter connection, I believe, is more about Chelios' close relationship with Gary. Someone can correct me on this, though, things are a bit fuzzy.

Edit: yeah according to this article Cheli and Suter were friends for 30+ years

Edited by Drake_Marcus, 09 May 2012 - 12:40 AM.

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft