• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#6 New Jersey Devils vs. #1 New York Rangers

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

NY-LA would help the NHL. Both are huge markets who don't get enough exposure due to their cities' Baskeball, Football and Baseball teams.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think the 9 and 10 EST start times in the LA-PHO series will kill the tv ratings. NJ-NYR should draw a solid market though.

Hear me now and believe me later, the Devils win this in SIX games.

I posted my long blathering take on the series on my craptastic infotainment blog ( http://jerseycitydesk.blogspot.com/2012/05/devils-vs-rangers-game-1-tonight.html ) but in a nutshell, if the Rangers can't forecheck the Rangers got nuthin. Once the Devils hit the shutoff valve on the Florida powerplay there hasn't really been an area they've struggled in. They're faster, they have more scoring depth up front and yes, guys who can create shots when the Broadway Blues pack it tight unlike most of the Sens and Caps.

Unlike many the Devils aren't intimidated by MSG. It is an entire franchise and fanbase built on hating the Rangers. It is. There is a guy who whistles at set intervals at the Prudential Center and ends with the old cavalry shrill Da da da duh da da RANGERS SUCK (and they've added Flyers swallow to that ditty after the Rangers part, classy bunch that they are). The Rangers could be playing in Vancouver and yet they'll be chanting Rangers suck in Newark. Remember how we Wings fans used to laugh at the Nordilanche fans in Denver while playing Phoenix would chant "Red Wings suck"? Devils players and fans are not intimidated by the Rangers but they do have one unhealthy obsession with them.

Yes Lundqvist is better (Though Brodeur has a 2.05 GAA which isn't horrid) but he will need to be. He also gets peeved and you at times can get in his head. Nothing phases Brodeur, I'm convinced of this. He looks the exact same getting shelled as posting a 40 save shutout.

Yeah, I said it, Tony Soprano whacks Phil Leotardo once more. Every game is sold out but I'm going to go Saturday afternoon with second row seats in the corner to Brodeur's right (1st and 3rd). I can't wait. When you can't have the Wings this far away nasty rivalries like this must do.