• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetts

Hasek wants to play in the NHL again

Rate this topic

even though he is really old he is really competitive, imagine you had a floater on your team cough Fr -cough-ranzin...

and you have Dom backing up that night and your lazy ass shift is over and you skate back to the bench and then you get ripped in half by Hasek.

All the guy ever wanted to do was win, theres nothing wrong with a guy like that on your team.

even though he is really old he is really competitive, imagine you had a floater on your team cough Fr -cough-ranzin...

and you have Dom backing up that night and your lazy ass shift is over and you skate back to the bench and then you get ripped in half by Hasek.

All the guy ever wanted to do was win, theres nothing wrong with a guy like that on your team.

I can't think of another goalie who was as competitive as Hasek. Having him on a team with Shanahan and Yzerman was unreal as far as heart went.

And I'm with everyone else. I know this would be a bad move, but Hasek is just so great that I'd still want him back.

This may be a bit extreme but if Holland signs Hasek as a Back-up or any other roster spot on this team I'll officialy call for Holland's Head on a Platter for examination.

Many people asked for Holland's head a month ago, when this team was sent fishing after 5 games.

A Hasek signing would be a pretty extreme act.

What about if Hasek signed a 2 way and agreed to compete with Joey Mac for the backup spot? That is, assuming Conklin is done.

Wouldn't see a problem with that.

Keeping fit, when he's been able to, has never been a problem for Hasek, so I wouldn't be shocked if he's still in decent enough playing shape to at least give the NHL another shot.

If he can do it, more power to him, but to the Wings situation, it isn't something I'm not getting too overly excited about, nor dismissing. It's not like Howard isn't going to not start anytime soon.

What about if Hasek signed a 2 way and agreed to compete with Joey Mac for the backup spot? That is, assuming Conklin is done.

You know, I doubt that will happen. There's an article today where he says he won't play 2nd fiddle:

Hasek remained confident about his ability to play goalie. "The NHL is the best show in the world. I want to play but I don't want to be a backup goalie, I still believe I can play on the highest level."

Color me "not surprised" by this comment. :P That's Dom. Big Dog, or not at the party. If some NHL team wants a goalie who never entertains the idea of losing, and needs a key player who will rip his skaters' head off if/when they don't show up for a shift... you just might want Hasek.

Love him or hate him, Dom attracts the media by simply coming to practice. Good or bad, he's a sure headline, every time. Hasek brings heart and desire to the ice, and makes any team he plays on better.

Someone will make him an offer. It won't be Detroit, I suspect. He won't go to a non-contender. The caliber of the management and the roster in front of him will play a big part in any decision.

I am looking at Tampa Bay as a candidate.

No team will take a chance on him as a starter. He was plagued with groin injuries at the end of his NHL career and I think he's still had some over in Europe. He's a competitor of the highest order, but at his age, skill or no, he's not someone you can bank on for carrying you through a season or playoff run. Which is why the best he can hope for is a backup spot if he wants to be in the NHL. He'd be an excellent motivator and mentor for the kids, but no way a team risks his injuries for a starting position.

I agree, VM. You're probably right. I think someone will make him an offer. I also think he won't like it, and we won't see him back in the NHL.

But, stranger things have happened! :lol:

Edited by puckloo39

I am looking at Tampa Bay as a candidate.

I would love that! He'd at least be reunited with Stevie Y.

The last 2 times the Wings won the cup, Hasek was on the roster.

We also didn't win a cup without McCarty since 1955...

Edited by Sycsa

The last 2 times the Wings won the cup, Hasek was on the roster.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know about third time being the charm, but hey...

Honestly, normalyl I am against players coming out of retirement etc. but I'd actually be interested in seeing Hasek return to the NHL. I feel like if any retired hockey player would have a shot at coming out of retirement and being pretty good Hasek would be that guy.

I'm not saying I'd want to see that effort made with the Wings but if he signed some where else I'd be interested in seeing it unfold