#1 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

Interesting rumor coming out of the league offices evidently:

From Denis Bernstein

League exec told us last night he expects Preds to deal Suter rights around draft, 'just like they did with Hamhuis, Hartnell and Timonen'

https://twitter.com/...623343097098242

So what are the chances Nashville will want to deal with Kenny & if so, how much of a higher price will Kenny have to pay? Maybe Kenny can get Stevie to trade for his rights & then flip them over ala the Quincey deal. :hehe:

Edited by ogreslayer, 12 June 2012 - 08:02 PM.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#2 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

This may put be a big hiccup in our effort to sign Suter. I can't see them trading his rights to us. They may even trade him to someone else just so we don't have as good of a chance to get him.

#3 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

I doubt Kenny even tlbothers Yzerman with that.
For the record, I don't think there's a snowball's chance Kenny gets his rights out of Nashville, but I think it would cost minimum of a 3rd plus a medium/low prospect like Landon Ferraro.
RIP #24

#4 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

I sooooooo hope it is to Detroit, but I highly doubt it will be. *Sigh*

Posted Image

#5 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

I doubt Kenny even tlbothers Yzerman with that.
For the record, I don't think there's a snowball's chance Kenny gets his rights out of Nashville, but I think it would cost minimum of a 3rd plus a medium/low prospect like Landon Ferraro.

I think they'd want someone a little more NHL ready.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#6 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

I hope to god that this not true,not ready to face the truth that the preds will never be a stanley cup contender.Posted Image

#7 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,065 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

I don't think it really matters where he's traded to in the event he is prior to July 1. He can still switch hands prior to July 1 if the team he's initially traded to doesn't sign him. Personally, I think he'd be dumb to not wait until July 1st if he gets traded to another club besides Detroit. The money, term, minutes, organization and track record lines up perfectly with everything that Suter has either hinted to in the press (in terms of market, commitment to winning) or through media sources. There are plenty of indirect ways to drop Suter hints about an offer coming his way without violating any bylaws.

#8 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

If he wants to come here, he will.. Not concerned about his rights getting traded.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#9 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,295 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

If we don't get him, doesn't that hurt our chance of getting Parise?

I've always been hearing they want to play together.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#10 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:28 PM

I think they'd want someone a little more NHL ready.

They're not going to get it for his rights.

#11 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

If we don't get him, doesn't that hurt our chance of getting Parise?

I've always been hearing they want to play together.

Probably. They want to play together on a team that has a chance at the cup every year for a decent amount of money.. Sounds like we're one of the only options. Also I assume they know Howie from team USA so that might help.. I think we have pretty good chances of landing both of them. Can't wait for july 1st

Datsyukian

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#12 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

They're not going to get it for his rights.

So you wouldn't give up Mursak/Emmerton/Andersson/Kindl ??
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#13 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

So you wouldn't give up Mursak/Emmerton/Andersson/Kindl ??

Not for rights for a UFA, no.

Datsyukian

adjective

#14 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

I don't think it really matters where he's traded to in the event he is prior to July 1. He can still switch hands prior to July 1 if the team he's initially traded to doesn't sign him. Personally, I think he'd be dumb to not wait until July 1st if he gets traded to another club besides Detroit. The money, term, minutes, organization and track record lines up perfectly with everything that Suter has either hinted to in the press (in terms of market, commitment to winning) or through media sources. There are plenty of indirect ways to drop Suter hints about an offer coming his way without violating any bylaws.

I think he'll sign if he gets traded to a team he wants to play for and they offer him the contract he wants....he'll go to UFA july 1st if he gets traded to a poop team like nashville thoug. His rights wont go to Detroit. NSH hates us too much

Edited by number9, 12 June 2012 - 10:14 PM.

#15 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

I say let his rights get traded. Oh well....

#16 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,296 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:39 PM

So let them trade his rights. He's read the papers, he knows the Wings want him. If he's interested, he just won't sign with the new team. No worries.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#17 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

This is looking bad.

Posted Image

#18 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

I hope to god that this not true,not ready to face the truth that the preds will never be a stanley cup contender.Posted Image

Never will be with him.. :hehe:
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#19 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

Not for rights for a UFA, no.

You wouldn't give up a borderline NHLer for first dibs on the top FA on the market?
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#20 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Beat Boston!

• Gold Booster
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

This is looking bad.

Yeah, I agree. I don't see this as a positive development for the Red Wings at all. You know Nashville is going to make Detroit give up more to get Suter's rights than any other team. If the Predators have other viable options for Suter (they obviously will), the last move they are going to make is sending him to their perceived "rival" and a division opponent.

I just don't feel comfortable at all knowing some other team has Suter's rights before July 1st. Sure, he may be aware of a looming offer from the Red Wings, but there is a pretty good chance he gets a very appealing deal from whoever acquires the rights. No one really knows for certain what Suter is looking for beyond the speculation.

I have no clue what the asking price will even be, but I almost feel like Holland may have to pay it if indeed Suter becomes available.