• Please log in to reply
424 replies to this topic

#421 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

His rep comes from more than just his first few seasons. Maybe he was better this last one but there's plenty of gems from the last few years.

This is from the season before last and a perfect example of how he suckerpunches guys when he drops the gloves.

Kinda reminds of Wendel Clark.

Clark was always looking to drop the mitts early in order to get the 1st punch in.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#422 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:17 AM

The Reaves incident is a classic example of how you have to be ready for it if you're gonna skate up to a guy after he throws a hit. What did Reaves think was gonna happen? No, it wasn't the most honorable thing to do by Tootoo, but if I'm Reaves, I'm ready once I skate over to him.

We'll probably see them drop the gloves this season. Tootoo had 5 fights in 77 games last year, but I think he'll get into around 10 fights this season, considering Detroit doesn't really have a McGrattan that Nashville had last season. Tootoo has plenty of options in the Central division, alone. Chicago has Dan Carcillo, Jamal Mayers, and Brandon Bollig. St. Louis has the previously mentioned Reaves. Nashville has McGrattan, but I doubt Tootoo ever fights him. Columbus has Jared Boll and Derek Dorsett. I think Tootoo gets into 5 fights against Central division opponents, alone.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 03 September 2012 - 01:44 AM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#423 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

The Reaves incident is a classic example of how you have to be ready for it if you're gonna skate up to a guy after he throws a hit. What did Reaves think was gonna happen? No, it wasn't the most honorable thing to do by Tootoo, but if I'm Reaves, I'm ready once I skate over to him.

We'll probably see them drop the gloves this season. Tootoo had 5 fights in 77 games last year, but I think he'll get into around 10 fights this season, considering Detroit doesn't really have a McGrattan that Nashville had last season. Tootoo has plenty of options in the Central division, alone. Chicago has Dan Carcillo, Jamal Mayers, and Brandon Bollig. St. Louis has the previously mentioned Reaves. Nashville has McGrattan, but I doubt Tootoo ever fights him. Columbus has Jared Boll and Derek Dorsett. I think Tootoo gets into 5 fights against Central division opponents, alone.

Yeah apparently Trotz always had him on a short leash from what I've been told but Babcock is always trying to get guys to fight. He has even publicly said that Abdelkader should fight more and all of a sudden Abby had 6 fights last year. Tootoo will be Detroits toughest player so if he only fights 5 times while Abdelkader is fighting more then that and potentially Smith as well, than I'm sure Babcock wil have something to say.

But I agree, the central division has a lot of guys in his weight class that play a similar style. Dont forget about Andrew Shaw either. I'm excited for the wings to actually be airly tough once again

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#424 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:49 AM

Funny how we all ***** for 2 months about Holland and the Wings being and doing this and that, and now at this point, We ALL just want to see a Red Wings team playing hockey, no matter who they have. Tootoo, welcome. Kick some ass out there!

#425 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yeah apparently Trotz always had him on a short leash from what I've been told but Babcock is always trying to get guys to fight. He has even publicly said that Abdelkader should fight more and all of a sudden Abby had 6 fights last year. Tootoo will be Detroits toughest player so if he only fights 5 times while Abdelkader is fighting more then that and potentially Smith as well, than I'm sure Babcock wil have something to say.

But I agree, the central division has a lot of guys in his weight class that play a similar style. Dont forget about Andrew Shaw either. I'm excited for the wings to actually be airly tough once again

Tootoo will be Detroit's main guy in the fighting department. You don't want your rookie defenseman in Smith fighting a whole ton, but he shouldn't shy away from it. Abdelkader is a secondary guy in games that get rough. He's not a good fighter, but he'll go from time to time.

Forgot about Shaw. Scott Nichol could even be mentioned for St. Louis.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien