• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Semin

Rate this topic

I am holding out and supporting Holland, but everyday I think more and more of what Wiz said last season about Holland not paying the market value...I do believe that Holland ALWAYS offers the least amount of money for any one UFA. IT's really not until he actually lands one or trades for someone when they realize that taking a discount is worth staying here...that being said, taking a discount to come here the first time very rarely happens (Hossa being exception) and we are seeing with this bit of news. If indeed Semin signs with Pit, guarantee it will be for more than what Holland offered...if anything. Holland needs to losen up the strings a bit more and stop trying to, for lack of a better term, low-ball these UFA's...

Holland should offer Semin $5M...Doan $6M....if they sign somewhere else for that amount it is because Holland low-balled them...I believe in Kenny and until all the good players are gone and we are stuck with current roster, then I will turn my opinion around...he needs to let go of Flip or Franzine and get Ryan here...he NEEDS to get Doan here...Semin wold be great, but I can live without him...

After this weekend Doan will have been given insight to the Yotes future - if he hits the market they are moving. And the Wings have expressed interest - and yes, Doans agent did contact Holland. It theres a guy I wouldnt be averse to overpaying 500k to a mill per year for its Doan because this motherf*cker competes every shift like its his last. His presence would be great in our room and if we inked him for 3 years I'd put an A on him (Z captain, Kronner, Dats, Doan assistants).

This team goes from a fairly ho-hum group to a sure fire contender this year of we can sign Doan and Semin. Id like to sign a Kubina or Rosival to shore up or top 6 asap because Kindl IMO is never going to be better than a 7th dman. He is a weak skater and doesnt have to skill/brains/toughness to make up for it.

ps. IF the Yotes are headed to Quebec - or folding, Yandle becomes easier to acquire by us. With us handing them their asses in 2 of their last 3 playoffs I think management would feel heat from their 14 person fanbase if they gave up their star dman for less than an unreal package.

I agree....Holland should make the Ryan deal by Sunday, which will sweetin the eyes of Doan to us and help convince him to come here... As much as I would love Yandle, I don't think Holland makes two blockbusters. I think he goes for Kubina and waits to see what the arbitration comes up with for Q...

as much as I am in favor of trading Q, if his salary comes in around $3.5ish million it would be fine...

Kronwall - Kubina

White - Quincey

Smith - Ericsson

Kindl

not as pretty without Suter there, but still a pretty nice lineup...

I think Semin is out...but it won't matter with Ryan and Doan in our top 6...

Edited by LeftWinger

I think Semin is out....Trade for Ryan, sign Doan, sign Kubina, wait on Q's hearing...shake rattle and roll...

I hate to lose Flip, but for Ryan, yes!

edit: Yes I am talking like its a done deal, because I have confidence that Holland will let loose his canon "balls" and do what needs to be done to usher this team into the next 20 years of dominance! Bobby Ryan this year, Getzlaf or Perry (or both) and Weber next year...

Edited by LeftWinger

Uh....ya, ok. Pit would never let him go! Unless he wants out... Datsyuk, Semin, Malkin top line? I could deal with that!

why would you want semin on that line?

lol where did that come from? Never say never but highely unlikely.

Everybody else is giving their worthless ideas, so I figured I would add another.

why would you want semin on that line?

Everybody else is giving their worthless ideas, so I figured I would add another.

Because that is their line in World Play....great chemistry! Of course would rather have Malkin Datsyuk Kovalchuk but now we are talking dream land!

I think we haven't locked semin up because I truly believe we are seriously IN on Nash. It just seems that that idiot Howsen has to trade Nash and several sources, including TSn have reported we are on the short list. I doubt that Holland wouldn't try to sign a big boy...it's the only way to keep his job I think.

Because that is their line in World Play....great chemistry! Of course would rather have Malkin Datsyuk Kovalchuk but now we are talking dream land!

No Malkin did not play with Datsyuk on the same line during the last WC.

I think we haven't locked semin up because I truly believe we are seriously IN on Nash. It just seems that that idiot Howsen has to trade Nash and several sources, including TSn have reported we are on the short list. I doubt that Holland wouldn't try to sign a big boy...it's the only way to keep his job I think.

He is at no risk at all of losing his job until they go 3+ years without making playoffs

Clearly states in the profile that it's a parody account.

Thanks thats very kind of you. I did not see that...

He is at no risk at all of losing his job until they go 3+ years without making playoffs

I say he'd barely see the end of the second loosing season. There is a great hockey team here, we just need a couple key pieces to seal the deal, he better have that fixed three years from now!

I say he'd barely see the end of the second loosing season. There is a great hockey team here, we just need a couple key pieces to seal the deal, he better have that fixed three years from now!

I was talking 3 year period, not consecutive. I have trust in Kenny and the wings too

If we don't sign Semin we better sign Doan and/or trade for Nash/Ryan. If not I'm done with Kenny.

If we do nothing I'll be pissed at Holland standing pat with our current lineup. Biggest cap room we've had in years, and we do nothing? ridiculous.

If we only sign Doan, I wouldn't be thrilled, but at least we did something.

Sadly enough i think Shero is possibly the best GM in the league right now. Holland can still prove me wrong, but i don't know if he will.

Semin and Nash with a cheap shutdown vet D like Jurcina would do. would lose some pieces for Nash,(Cleary,Miller,Emmerton and a 1st & 4th round pick) but that would help the cap. it is possable (unlikely) thou.

Semin Datsyuk Nash

Samuelsson Zetterberg Franzen

Nyquist Filppula Brunner

Bertuzzi Helm Tootoo

Eaves Mursak

Kronwall Ericsson

White Smith

Jurcina Quincey

Kindl

Howard

Gustavsson.

now that looks like a competative roster to me.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Semin and Nash with a cheap shutdown vet D like Jurcina would do. would lose some pieces for Nash,(Cleary,Miller,Emmerton and a 1st & 4th round pick) but that would help the cap. it is possable (unlikely) thou.

Semin Datsyuk Nash

Samuelsson Zetterberg Franzen

Nyquist Filppula Brunner

Bertuzzi Helm Tootoo

Eaves Mursak

Kronwall Ericsson

White Smith

Jurcina Quincey

Kindl

Howard

Gustavsson.

now that looks like a competative roster to me.

Wow, do we really have to give up Emmerton?

If there is somerthing outthere, Holland will make the deal, period.

Pittsburgh is in the same position there defense is Letang + nothing.

Doan stated time and time again, he will not sign before monday.

My question is, why not both Semin and Doan? If you really want a shot at winning a cup Holland may not get his way and have to offer some money and length of contract.