• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Semin

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson
@Brian_Metzer

None of my connections at #NHLHOMEICE know anything about this talk... so... #Semin #Pens Likely false report...

Edited by Crymson

Don't worry about not getting Semin. We are getting Doan, Nash or Ryan.

Nash and Ryan are a pipedream.

Doan is possible, but come on, how much value can an aging vet add to a team of aging players?

WE-NEED-YOUTH!

Doan is possible, but come on, how much value can an aging vet add to a team of aging players?

WE-NEED-YOUTH!

I agree with youth, however Doan will be fairly inexpensive, short term deal and will have significant impact in work ethic department.

We should be getting this guy for a good deal because on his reputation but we'll end up giving him a contract based on potential.

WE-NEED-YOUTH!

Getting Doan will make our team better in countless different ways...

What's your suggestions then? There's not many options out there. Doan makes our team better immediately without giving up anything. Every team needs veterans, especially if your veterans are one of your most effective players. Doan is a no brainer. Loyal, hard working, team guy and has a lot of skill

Why do people still use unreliable twitter sources, if you want to use that crap follow well respected guys such as Lebrun, McKenzie, Dreger or Button.

To be honest, if we are talking about one year I'd rather have Doan the guy has heart, leadership and grit. I find it hard to believe, that people are still dreaming about Ryan or Nash, I don't want to lose Smith or Nyquist and you can bet these two will have to go the other way for either one ++++

Guest Crymson

That's arbitrary. What information have you to back this claim up?

WE-NEED-YOUTH!

What's your plan?

That's arbitrary. What information have you to back this claim up?

What's your plan?

Sign Semin for the shortest term he's willing to go. Trade for Yandle.

Proven talent and youth injection on forward side and defensive side. Call it a day.

Sign Semin for the shortest term he's willing to go. Trade for Yandle.

Proven talent and youth injection on forward side and defensive side. Call it a day.

Semin has proven that he can be a point per game player if he feels like it, and has had one solid playoff year. Besides that, he's been on the decline with Ovechkin on his line, and provided 4 points in 14 playoff games and managed a -4. He's appealing because he's one of the few options left, but all we'd be getting is another Franzen that doesn't produce as much in the playoffs. I know people think Semin playing with Datsyuk would "spark" his play, but if he's already underwhelming on a line with Alex Ovechkin who is one of the more intense and exciting players in hockey, then i'm not entire sure Datsyuk would motivate him either.

I'm completely for bringing in Yandle, but how realistic of a trade option that is remains unknown.

I'm not opposed to going into this season and sticking out a tough year until the offseason next year when we can spend cap money on a player that we can actually benefit from more and lock up to a longer term contract. There's no reason to spend money on the "leftovers" this year just because the money is there to spend when we can be a front runner having a lot of cap room next year and have more logical free agent options.

I for one wouldn't mind being among the teams throwing offer sheets at Tobias Enstrom next year.

Semin has proven that he can be a point per game player if he feels like it, and has had one solid playoff year. Besides that, he's been on the decline with Ovechkin on his line, and provided 4 points in 14 playoff games and managed a -4. He's appealing because he's one of the few options left, but all we'd be getting is another Franzen that doesn't produce as much in the playoffs. I know people think Semin playing with Datsyuk would "spark" his play, but if he's already underwhelming on a line with Alex Ovechkin who is one of the more intense and exciting players in hockey, then i'm not entire sure Datsyuk would motivate him either.

I'm completely for bringing in Yandle, but how realistic of a trade option that is remains unknown.

I'm not opposed to going into this season and sticking out a tough year until the offseason next year when we can spend cap money on a player that we can actually benefit from more and lock up to a longer term contract. There's no reason to spend money on the "leftovers" this year just because the money is there to spend when we can be a front runner having a lot of cap room next year and have more logical free agent options.

I for one wouldn't mind being among the teams throwing offer sheets at Tobias Enstrom next year.

Worth ethnic is questionable, however I feel there was very little leadership with the Caps. I think a change in scenery, teammates, and management is exactly what he needs. I really think with Datsyuk as a mentor, this kid can shine. I mean, he IS afterall a proven 40 goal scorer.

As for Yandle, I do think we'll have to give some valuable prospects and probably Franzen or Fippula but as our defense stands now, we'd be totally investing in our future, so it's worth it.

This is our best option for now. We can't keep hoping for what will happen "next year". Holland's been doing that for the past 4 years and where has it gotten us?

Edited by ShanahanMan

Weber, Getzlaf and some other intriguing names are UFA next year as well unless they sign extensions with their clubs. I'd rather see lots of young guys rotate through this year to see which one's belong in the NHL and then build around those young guys that will secure the future. Semin has offensive potential, but i wouldn't want to sign him for more than 1 year.

Alexander Semin might be

the most skilled unrestricted free agent still on the market

but it doesn't sound like the Red Wings have any interest in him.

"I talked to his agent once but right now we're doing nothing," said general manager Ken Holland.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/07/red_wings_prospects_camp_notes.html

I just don't think Kenny/Mr. I see him in a DRW jersey, plain and simple. I think if all other options fall through and become exhausted, then maybe they go get him. But the fact that no one has picked him up yet - there's a reason for that.

I just don't think Kenny/Mr. I see him in a DRW jersey, plain and simple. I think if all other options fall through and become exhausted, then maybe they go get him. But the fact that no one has picked him up yet - there's a reason for that.

Exactly. A thin free agent market and this former 40+ goal scorer is still sitting out there says something about the person. We're supposed to be making ourselves a better playoff ready team. I don't see how a soft winger that's inconsistent and disappears during the playoffs helps that.

Last I saw, even the richest team in the KHL (SKA St. Petersburg) has said they're not interested in Semin. I think that speaks volumes.

But Franzen wants more fun.....

I wonder how long that ridiculous quote will be misinterpreted before that guy freaking retires...

Exactly. A thin free agent market and this former 40+ goal scorer is still sitting out there says something about the person. We're supposed to be making ourselves a better playoff ready team. I don't see how a soft winger that's inconsistent and disappears during the playoffs helps that.

How does signing nobody help that?