• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
13dangledangle

Semin

Rate this topic

Semin offered 10 mill to play in KHL? If thats true good luck having a team come anywhere close to that in the NHL.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/19533153/nhl-rumors-alexander-semin-has-10-millionperseason-offer-from-khl

Good riddance there Alexander, no sane NHL team will match that.

Like another poster mentioned, if we are really that desperate Kenny could go crazy and offer 8 million $ for one season, but I doubt.

Semin offered 10 mill to play in KHL? If thats true good luck having a team come anywhere close to that in the NHL.

http://www.cbssports...-offer-from-khl

10 million to play in the KHL sounds good on paper, but you have to take other factors into account. I'm sure Semin would rather accept less to play in the NHL. KHL you have to deal with more unknowns.

"It wasn't like guys going out the night before a game and stuff like that. But it was not being ready to practice, or missing practice with questionable injuries. Not being focused."

"I don't mind saying Alexander Semin's name, because he's one guy who has so much talent he could easily be the best player in the league and just, for whatever reason, just doesn't care. "When you've got a guy like that, you need him to be your best player or one of your best players. When he doesn't show up, you almost get the sense that he wants to be back in Russia. That's tough to win when you've got a guy like that who's supposed to be your best player not being your best player, or one of your best players."

- Matt Bradley in an interview

TEAM 1200 in Ottawa Aug 16th, 2011

Edited by puck9595

Didn't Datsyuk say he wanted to have a Russian on the team to play with ? Why the hell is Holland not listening to our best player ? He has the perfect oppourtunity to sign him right now, and personally I think him and Datsyuk will flourish.

Edited by darkmanx

Didn't Datsyuk say he wanted to have a Russian on the team to play with ? Why the hell is Holland not listening to our best player ? He has the perfect oppourtunity to sign him right now, and personally I think him and Datsyuk will flourish.

I think that your right Datsyuk and Semin would be great together. I do think that Semin should be signed for a one year 6m contract with the idea that let him earn his next big contract from us. His history as a bit of a slacker cannot be ignored.

Maybe Pav has told Kenny to stay away???? We will never know for sure.

And, here it is.

NHL Home Ice on Sirius has reported that Semin has signed a one-year deal with Pittsburgh and it will be announced tomorrow.

Bang up job you're doing over there, Kenny! Can you please resign already????

*Update*: Pittsburgh radio has just mentioned it as well. Looks like he's af****** Pen.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Obviously getting this deal done depends upon a lot of factors, but if Holland does not plan on trading then he'd better sign Semin. Overpay? Semin already stated he'd take less to stay in the NHL as well as saying he'd take a discount to play for the Wings to play with countryman Datsyuk (he said this during the tourny I believe) I truley think they can get a deal done here for around 5 year 29 mil. Not too shabby for a player like himself, added to our roster instead of taking away Mule or Flip...Imagine

Obviously getting this deal done depends upon a lot of factors, but if Holland does not plan on trading then he'd better sign Semin. Overpay? Semin already stated he'd take less to stay in the NHL as well as saying he'd take a discount to play for the Wings to play with countryman Datsyuk (he said this during the tourny I believe) I truley think they can get a deal done here for around 5 year 29 mil. Not too shabby for a player like himself, added to our roster instead of taking away Mule or Flip...Imagine

Reports are he has signed with the Pens.

Reports are he has signed with the Pens.

Totally unconfirmed. It was mentioned on Sirius-XM Radio's NHL Home Ice, and now everyone is going nuts. I have yet to see any reliable report, however.

After looking around online, it looks like this guy is the source: @ManicsFromGAF

Apparently, this guy with 72 followers actually broke the Suter/Parise news first. That's what I see over on HFB, anyhow.

Manics™ ‏@ManicsFromGAF

I’m nobody special I just have the good fortunate to have some old college friends in the business (scouts/agents)

Guest Crymson

Confirmed via TSN NHL FEED. Pittsburgh has signed Semin and it will be announced tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/TSNNHLFeed

A quick glance at the Twitter description would have indicated to you the validity of the source:

TSN NHL Feed

@TSNNHLFeed

Get all the latest NHL News from TSN.ca, NOT AFFILIATED WITH TSN