• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Datsyukian-Deke

Doan staying in PHX 4 yrs $21.2 mill

Rate this topic

At this point, we are going to have to overpay for talent. Either that, or just bring up the kids and focus on making the playoffs.

I prefer bringing up the kids and signing long term contracts with Justin Abdelkader, Valtteri Filppula, Pavel Datsyuk and Brendan Smith. We can always sign Shea Weber for $8.5 million per year next year. He's one of the few players worth the money.

If everyone is awaiting lowering salary cap with new CBA, then maybe all these unreal new contracts make sence, because some contracts will be adjusted.

Edited by Yevgeniy

If everyone is awaiting lowering salary cap with new CBA, then maybe all these unreal new contracts make sence, because some contracts will be adjusted.

the problem is the reduction is proportional to the drop in the cap, therefore, it'll still take up the same percentage of cap.

I don't think his price tag starts at 7.5m at all. Thats what is rumored that the jets had offered him. They are simply saying the "bidding war" starts at that because its been the first public offer to be released. Ihe w

At this point, we are going to have to overpay for talent. Either that, or just bring up the kids and focus on making the playoffs.

Honestly that doesn't sound too bad right now. Let's save our resources for next year perhaps and see what we've got talent wise.

I'd rather bring the kids up personally and try to trade one of our surplus forwards for some extra Defense-man depth or a draft pick.

id give him 7.5mil for the year. s*** what else you gonna do with 13 mil?

hes going to meet with the rangers apparently

http://arizonasports...ng-with-Rangers

So much for wanting to stay out West :P. "One offer Doan has is a four-year contract in excess of $30 million"........... :bye1:

Guess Holland really wowed him.

This sh*t is really starting to get old... I've held on to my patience but I'm getting ready to jump aboard the "Holland needs to sh*t or get off the pot" bandwagon. What good is it to bring up the young guys if the young guys are going to have confidence issues from dealing with stacked powerhouses?

We need to sign Ryan now and/or as bad as I hate to say it, offer Semin a worthwhile deal! (I don't really want to see Semin on a red jersey...I couldn't help myself)

I think maybe they should let Babcock hand out the money lol. Kenny is being too tight with his offers. It is not as easy to attract players here as it was a few years ago when the Wings were Cup favorites every year. Not that I want him to do something stupid but come on make a move to better this team already! I have a feeling Doan will not be a Wing.

Guest Johnz96

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Filppula, Franzen, Samuelsson, Brunner.

That's our top-6, give or take.

:plain:

I think Cleary and Nyquist will be in the mix probably ahead of Sammy (hopefully Babcock won't use him on the point on the PP, I think we got 6 defensemen who could do a better job there)