• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Didn't see this anywhere else so thought I'd post it.

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=638073

Shame he didn't have the best of times with us but was really pleased when he joined. Just wish it could have gone better for him. Still think he might be able to give something to a team, especially with a few kids on it.

Thoughts?

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#2 Wingydingy19

Wingydingy19

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

No.

#3 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Go to Edmonton.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#4 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Just to make it clear, I wasn't necessarily saying "come here" just wanted thoughts on his comeback in general. He is 42 after all. Don't think he'd fit here anymore, plus don't think he'd come back. Also makes that 1 day contract he signed to retire a Star all the more ridiculous in hindsight

Posted Image

#5 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,504 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Meh...Retire already.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#6 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:52 PM

It's too bad he went out while recovering from a wrist injury, that has to be a tough way to end a great career.

#7 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

God no.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#8 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

It's too bad he went out while recovering from a wrist injury, that has to be a tough way to end a great career.

It's true, had a hell of a time his last hall of fame career season (maybe last). Now go help a time like Edmonton.

#9 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

You reckon he'd go to a Canadian team? Will he be as well received as if he went to an American team? Could go to Minny, finish it where it all started?

Posted Image

#10 Wingydingy19

Wingydingy19

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

The only place he should go is away. I know the OP didn't mean in Detroit but he shouldn't be playing anywhere, he's 42 and he's got nothing he can offer a team at this point. It's over, great career but c'mon now. Very few players can play in their 40's and he's not one of them.

#11 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

The only place he should go is away. I know the OP didn't mean in Detroit but he shouldn't be playing anywhere, he's 42 and he's got nothing he can offer a team at this point. It's over, great career but c'mon now. Very few players can play in their 40's and he's not one of them.

Absolutely. Especially after a wrist injury. Be interesting to see who does take him on if he indeed comes back.

Posted Image

#12 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

You reckon he'd go to a Canadian team? Will he be as well received as if he went to an American team? Could go to Minny, finish it where it all started?

I believe when the ball actually started spinning again for him was when Parise and Suter announced they were going to MInny. He said something about "jokingly" about signing there as well if he could. But in that type of situation if he takes the right number and Leopold has room left after this crap gets resolved who knows maybe he has a shot to play. Minny certainly would be worse off.

#13 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

Are this people making a joke out of NHL ? Average players getting 7mil/year deals for like 6-10years. 48 ear old wants to play goalie in the NHL. What is going on ?

#14 dustyrhoades9687

dustyrhoades9687

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

All I have to say aside from yzerman madono was my all time favorite red wing forward if he does come back I pray the wings give him a shot before the injury he was on his way to a great year. Numbers alone he would've rivaled any player we had at the time. Stranger things have happened for the wings and I believe madono if anthing he could be a healthy scratch (although he probably won't want a position like that) and or help to bring our prospects into fruition. He's a great leader and he's still the highest scoring american born player why not give him a yar and see what he can do our forward picking right now is slim plus we could avoid trading the key players that holland doesn't want to give up so we can hit next years free agency hardcore anyone agree??

#15 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

Sensationalism in the headline from NHL.com / Bleacher Report. Maybe not to such an extreme, but he very plainly states that he's likely "in Dreamland" when thinking about playing and that he hasn't actually given it any real thought let alone had any discussions about it.

I guess I was just expecting something different in the article when I read it earlier. Regardless, I'd hate to see him tarnish a great career by hanging on too long. Even his "homecoming" was less than poetic. I can, however, understand wanting to end your career on your own terms - which he wasn't allowed to do in Dallas or Detroit.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#16 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

F Zach Parise and Ryan Suter....Bring back Mikey Mo and the Dominator baby yeah!!!!!

#17 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

Maybe we will sign and play a limited role with the Wild... Might as well
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#18 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

He had 3 separate interviews with teams over the weekend looking for him to come back. This all started with him joking around that he would love to go back to Minn. after Suter and Parise signed. After that his phone started ringing and offers were put in to try and grab him. His joke turned into reality. Puckdaddy has an article about it posted up if you care to read about it.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#19 dustyrhoades9687

dustyrhoades9687

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

Really the wild that'd be the altimate insult to us that'd tell me thatwe really are in trouble to future players if madono wouldn't even sign with us id probably hate myself.seriously I would hate myself.

#20 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Really the wild that'd be the altimate insult to us that'd tell me thatwe really are in trouble to future players if madono wouldn't even sign with us id probably hate myself.seriously I would hate myself.

I don't think the Wings would benefit from him being here... I honestly wouldn't want him here.

We are in need of a D and another forward would can put up points... If anyone comes back before they retire, it would be Homer.
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1