• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Kovalchuk says he may stay in KHL

Rate this topic

Funny how the guy who signed the contract that more or less sent the s*** into the fan now wants to avoid the league. I can't even wrap my brain around that.

I figured Pav would come back. I couldn't picture him staying put, he's not like that. Not that guys like Kovy or Ovie are evil trators but that just ain't Pavel's style to ditch on his deal and his team.

I've seen multiple mentions of KHL clubs preparing to offer BIG money to keep NHL players through the season. Would they dare break the transfer agreement they have with the NHL? I'm not so sure that they wouldn't for players like Kovy or Ovechkin.

Guest Crymson

The funny thing is that Kovalchuk can definitely get more money to play in the KHL.

Guest Johnz96
I've seen multiple mentions of KHL clubs preparing to offer BIG money to keep NHL players through the season. Would they dare break the transfer agreement they have with the NHL? I'm not so sure that they wouldn't for players like Kovy or Ovechkin.

Why wouldn't they. It's not like the NHL doesn't break agreements.

I don't blame them. I would rather play in a league not commissioned by Bettman for a lot less money than one that is

They could use the Radulov thing that happened last year as an excuss. They weren't very happy about him being aloud to play last year with Nashville, although they stole him first with one year left on his NHL deal. I think if KOVY wants to stay they will let him.

They could use the Radulov thing that happened last year as an excuss. They weren't very happy about him being aloud to play last year with Nashville, although they stole him first with one year left on his NHL deal. I think if KOVY wants to stay they will let him.

If they won't let Visnosvky stay, Kovy definitely won't be allowed. What happens, we will see...

If they won't let Visnosvky stay, Kovy definitely won't be allowed. What happens, we will see...

If there is enough Russian/Eastern European NHL talent, and the high end variety at that, who want to stay for the big rubles in the KHL, there's every bit of chance that the teams start dishing money out hand over fist. It would be up to the IIHF then to block transfer cards allowing those players to stay in the KHL, that is unless the KHL as a league decides to tell the IIHF "screw you" & leave the IIHF. They have threatened to do that before over smaller fish like Radulov. The stakes will be much higher if it's for the likes of Kovy & Ovie.

Edit: The fly in the ointment if the KHL did go the route of dropping out of the IIHF like that might mean them blocking KHL players from the Olympics I would imagine. Wonder if that would be the same case though if they stayed in the IIHF for now & just failed to come to a transfer agreement with the NHL in June when the old one expires.

Edited by ogreslayer

That'd be a terrible blow to the Devils. Between him and Parise they will have lost two of their top three scorers.

Combined they had 68 goals and 152 points last season.

And Zajac, Elias, Zubrus and Clarkson are all UFA's at the end of the season.

Ya no kidding they would be totally screwed.

apparently khl pushing for dats too. i know his agent said he'll be back. sucks having this happened. i feel like dats would've signed another 1-2 yrs if it wasn't for the.lockout and getting.to play in the homeland. anyways here's from hfb

Slava Malamud @SlavaMalamud

Hearing talk from Russia, that oil and natural gas magnates who own SKA and CSKA will look into ways of keeping Kovalchuk, Datsyuk.

in the same sense though bill daly also said the khl stated they would honor all nhl contracts

apparently khl pushing for dats too. i know his agent said he'll be back. sucks having this happened. i feel like dats would've signed another 1-2 yrs if it wasn't for the.lockout and getting.to play in the homeland. anyways here's from hfb

Slava Malamud @SlavaMalamud

Hearing talk from Russia, that oil and natural gas magnates who own SKA and CSKA will look into ways of keeping Kovalchuk, Datsyuk.

in the same sense though bill daly also said the khl stated they would honor all nhl contracts

I'm not happy about this s***. Has Dats played this week for CSKA? I just saw that Kovie played TODAY for SKA.

And this Visnovsky stuff....haha....Garth Snow probably did give him permission to stay, he's the worst GM in the league and probably thought he could give him a permission slip on a napkin and it was all good.

Guest Johnz96
It'd be a real shame if Kovalchuk went to another league to under perform rather than not living up to his contract here in the NHL. Boo hoo.

The contract he signed won't be honored by his employers.