Wings need a PP QB?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 redwingsindiana

redwingsindiana

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

After watching this first few games this season, I am really starting to miss guys like Lidstrom, Rafalski and Yzerman running the Power Play.  Babcock needs to focus on this area of their game.  They are missing too many opportunities.

Life is short..........so get on with it  :champs: 

#2 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,941 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Dan%20Marino%20131.jpg

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#3 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Babcock needs to get Cleary the hell off the PP.  He's useless.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#4 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

CLEARY has no place on the PP. He has not ability to control the puck off the boards and face the middle of the ice. He faces the boards and loses the puck - just not enough skill or speed to warrant a place on the PP. I think eaves should get a shot in his place. 

We need White on the point on the 2PP unit and then it won't be so bad without Kindl.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#5 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,941 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Babcock needs to get Cleary the hell off the PP.  He's useless.

Why is he on the team?  

As I said in the GDT, if we don't have anyone in the minors who can offer more than him, then we have the worst farm team in hockey.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 01 February 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#6 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

Why is he on the team?  

As I said in the GDT, if we don't have anyone in the minors who can offer more than him, than we have the worst farm team in hockey.  

THIS all day. the guy is gassed. like he has nothing left.

#7 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,941 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

THIS all day. the guy is gassed. like he has nothing left.

Same thing with Emmerton.  

Do we not have anyone in the minors who can play center better than Emmerton?  If not, we're in deep trouble for the future.

#8 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Why is he on the team?  

As I said in the GDT, if we don't have anyone in the minors who can offer more than him, then we have the worst farm team in hockey.  

Cleary I think is more a case of loyalty.  He's paid his dues so Babcock's got his back.

#9 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

Cleary I think is more a case of loyalty.  He's paid his dues so Babcock's got his back.

shouldnt mean he gets pp time

#10 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

kronwall and smith are supposed to be the QB

kronwall has been a huge let down this season IMO even with his 4 assist on the PP.

2nd unit is worthless. bertuzzi fil and cleary. thats terrible, first unit scores or a bust. I really think they need to switch it up

#11 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Ericsson!

#12 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,941 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

What loyalty?  It's not like he was playing for free all those years in an internship.  

He got paid well enough for his previous contributions and now it's time to move on.  This team doesn't owe him anything beyond what they've already given him.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 02 February 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#13 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,852 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

What loyalty?  It's not like he was playing for free all those years in an internship.  

He got paid well enough for his previous contributions and now it's time to move on.  This team doesn't owe him anything beyond what they've already given him.  

This. everyone argued with me in the off season that we should keep him because he will score so many goals without the bummed out knee, so far I have been right and he is as useless as I have been saying. He is a millionaire, time to go elsewhere, maybe retire cleary

#14 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

This. everyone argued with me in the off season that we should keep him because he will score so many goals without the bummed out knee, so far I have been right and he is as useless as I have been saying. He is a millionaire, time to go elsewhere, maybe retire cleary

he played pretty good in the playoffs. well better then he did during the season. i thought it was a sign that he would be better this season but hes worse. must have been them pain killers.

#15 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,852 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:41 AM

he played pretty good in the playoffs. well better then he did during the season. i thought it was a sign that he would be better this season but hes worse. must have been them pain killers.

Ya, "pain killers"...

#16 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

After watching this first few games this season, I am really starting to miss guys like Lidstrom, Rafalski and Yzerman running the Power Play.  Babcock needs to focus on this area of their game.  They are missing too many opportunities.

Zetterberg runs the PP, he's usually the one with the puck.

Geeze, reading these comments you'd think the Wings were 2-4-1, and not 4-2-1 (4-1-1 after the 6-0 blowout in St. Louis).

Like I've been saying, this is a fun team to watch, just sit back and enjoy.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#17 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

Do we not have anyone in the minors who can play center better than Emmerton?  If not, we're in deep trouble for the future.

Difference with Emmerton is he never had anything to start with.  Cleary has nothing left because he's spent it all on the ice for the time, the guy has been an absolute warrior for us, especially in the playoffs.  I feel sorry for the guy, his body is totally trashed and his reward is scorn from the fans and a release in the summer.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#18 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,976 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

I dont think Emmerton get enough ice time to warrant complaints. He does what he is supposed to, no more no less. He works hard. What does Miller do that is so great?

Cleary looks done.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#19 shoe

shoe

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

Talk about a thread going way off topic

Why is Emmerton and Millers name even in a power play thread?

I think the power play will see a bump when White and Sammy return may sound ridiculous but they offer more options. All the eggs are in that first power play line. Gotta bring the captain or Pavel off the 1st power play and balance out the second one and stop blaming Cleary.

#20 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

I think they still have faith Cleary is hitting a rough spot and are giving him ice time so he can regain some confidence. It's arguable. We'll have to see.

The QB job is up for grabs for sure. It's up to the D to sort that out in Babcock's eyes. I thought it would have been Kronwall but he has had a tough time holding onto the puck and making good passes. The number of shots we are getting is pathetic. Brunner is the only guy pulling the trigger half the time.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.