• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jedi

2/19 GDT : Red Wings 3 at Predators 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

Babcock's strategy: spread your talent thin, make your best players play with your worst, switch even strength lines often, never change up powerplay lines no matter how bad they are, call out good players in a slump, baby bad players playing awful, and always end in a post-game presser talking about how good you thought you were and how you deserved better. Repeat. *sigh*

Guest RedWingsDad

Oh well... we played a good game overall. Lost because we are missing Sammy, Franzen, Helm, Bert. No need for anyone to get their panties in a bunch.

I'm going to be seriously pissed if I don't wake up tomorrow to a "Wings rumored to be in trade talks with team X about player Y" headline on the hockey sites. This is killing me. I know that there are injuries and that it makes a world of difference, but considering there's no timetable for Helm or Bert or (presumably) now Sammy, and every game we lose puts us more and more in a hole, we better do something to stop this skid.

They could start by getting a defenseman who isn't a mediocre hack from St. Louis, or San Jose, or Colorado, or whatever other gutter we've been picking up "retreads" out of.

The season doesn't have to be over, but if they don't get some quality personnel in the lineup, and we keep waiting for Babs' pipedreams (Flip the shooter, Abby the third liner, Ericsson the top pair d-man, Cleary the useful hockey player) to come true we'll be out of playoff contention permanently.

It doesn't have to be a blockbuster, but there are moves than can help this team. Make them!

I'm going to be seriously pissed if I don't wake up tomorrow to a "Wings rumored to be in trade talks with team X about player Y" headline on the hockey sites. This is killing me. I know that there are injuries and that it makes a world of difference, but considering there's no timetable for Helm or Bert or (presumably) now Sammy, and every game we lose puts us more and more in a hole, we better do something to stop this skid.

They could start by getting a defenseman who isn't a mediocre hack from St. Louis, or San Jose, or Colorado, or whatever other gutter we've been picking up "retreads" out of.

The season doesn't have to be over, but if they don't get some quality personnel in the lineup, and we keep waiting for Babs' pipedreams (Flip the shooter, Abby the third liner, Ericsson the top pair d-man, Cleary the useful hockey player) to come true we'll be out of playoff contention permanently.

It doesn't have to be a blockbuster, but there are moves than can help this team. Make them!

We have no one to trade. That's why moves like the "Huskins move" are about as good as Holland is willing or able to go for.

I've never been one to question Mike Babcock, I think he's a terrific coach.. But was is he thinking playing Cleary 20 minutes and Tatar less than 10?

I don't understand..I really don't. He watches the same game we do, does he not?

Nothing is going to happen....Holland will NEVER trade what he feels are his best players...Fil or Franzen. He will never admit to the mistake he made keeping Franzine or acquiring Quincey. There will be no trades, except maybe a mid-level prospect for an over the hill player...

Holland is in a pickle...he has to know how bad this team is, even without injuries...but does he really? Does he really think that when healthy that this is an actual Stanley Cup contender? a Playoff team? I just think that Holland's string is coming unraveled and he is playing Howard Hughes in his office at the Joe...he just keeps saying, "Franzen, he's the way of the future...he's the way of the future...he's the way of the future..."

I know he frustrates the hell out of most people (myself included), but the team misses Franzen. Since Babs isn't willing to use Tatar in the top-six, it really puts all the pressure on Datsyuk and Zetterberg to carry the team offensively. Especially when Filppula isn't producing and Cleary and Abdelkader are two players getting placed in roles they absolutely shouldn't be in.

Franzen and Tatar or at least one of Bertuzzi/Samuelsson up there would help a lot right now. I don't prefer the latter two ideally, but they are better options than Cleary or Abdelkader if healthy. Filppula needs to get going too. He played with Z tonight and was still invisible mostly.

Nothing gives me an aneurysm quicker than hearing "keep doing what we're doing" as the answer to "how do we change our fortunes in the win-loss column".

What more could you ask for out of that game aside from a win? The Wings dominated the Preds for the majority of the game. 60% on face-offs, out-hitting and out-shooting a team usually means a win. A couple of bounces going the Wings' way and this game doesn't even go to OT.

I know the Wings are on a losing streak but that was a really entertaining game to watch.

Edited by Bar Down

I've never been one to question Mike Babcock, I think he's a terrific coach.. But was is he thinking playing Cleary 20 minutes and Tatar less than 10?

I don't understand..I really don't. He watches the same game we do, does he not?

Dude, our prospects are overripe because they sit on the bench and learn from greats like Dan Cleary.

Don't even feel bad about the loss. Just watching Datsyuk tonight was enough for me.

Babcock has got to wake up sooner or later though. Had he started the 4-on-4 OT with Datsyuk+Z/Tatar we would have probably won the game.

Nothing is going to happen....Holland will NEVER trade what he feels are his best players...Fil or Franzen. He will never admit to the mistake he made keeping Franzine or acquiring Quincey. There will be no trades, except maybe a mid-level prospect for an over the hill player...

Holland is in a pickle...he has to know how bad this team is, even without injuries...but does he really? Does he really think that when healthy that this is an actual Stanley Cup contender? a Playoff team? I just think that Holland's string is coming unraveled and he is playing Howard Hughes in his office at the Joe...he just keeps saying, "Franzen, he's the way of the future...he's the way of the future...he's the way of the future..."

Pretty sure Kenny got everyone’s titties twisted up when he said the “playoffs weren’t a guarantee” for this team before the season started. He was referring to a healthy line-up obviously.

So, to answer your question: yes I think the GM of Detroit Red Wings knows what kind of team he has.

Edited by rick zombo

Don't even feel bad about the loss. Just watching Datsyuk tonight was enough for me.

Babcock has got to wake up sooner or later though. Had he started the 4-on-4 OT with Datsyuk+Z/Tatar we would have probably won the game.

Definitely agree. I figured Z would be with Brunner, but to use Cleary with Datsyuk isn't acceptable at all. Tatar, Filppula, Eaves. Anybody else but Cleary.

What has Tatar done to NOT get more ice time.

He has been given an opportunity and made the most if it

And has done nothing to diminish his shine.

Harbaugh gave Kapernick a shot at QB and he impressed and won

The job.....i thought thats how this team sport thing worked. The harder

Worker better performer earns the job.

Edited by beachwing

I just wonder if Babcock is told to follow protocol and play the vets first over the rookies...I know he loves Cleary, and that is fine, but everyone is watching the same game here....Tatar is far superior to Cleary...he deserves top minutes. It just seems like Holland tells Babcock who and where to play them...

Tatar, Andersson, Nyquist and Sheahan should ALL be here... playing heavy minutes...

Pretty sure Kenny got everyone’s titties twisted up when he said the “playoffs weren’t a guarantee” for this team before the season started. He was referring to a healthy line-up obviously.

So, to answer your question: yes I think the GM of Detroit Red Wings knows what kind of team he has.

In that case, he is screwed then...as are we. I guess he is locked in his office counting turns of a milk carton top....because if he knew what kind of team he had then, and they are underperforming even moreso, he still has yet to get something done...maybe he has tried, maybe nobody wants any of our players not named Datsyuk or Zetterberg....

Guest Johnz96

Although I do agree, I think Tatar deserves top minutes ahead of Cleary, Cleary responded tonight with a goal and an assist. You will love to know that he was 2nd among Wing forwards in ice-time with a whopping 20:57.

We have no one to trade. That's why moves like the "Huskins move" are about as good as Holland is willing or able to go for.

If we can get Brad Stuart for a 2nd and a 4th, then I believe there's always a way to upgrade your defense. May not be a superstar, but the right guy in the right role could seriously help us. Honestly off the top of my head I believe any one of Robyn Regehr, Henrik Tallinder, Anton Volchenkov, or Mark Stuart could be had, and all would be a help. Of course only one of Volchenkov or Tallinder, but not both...clearly.

I agree we're thin in terms of trade bait, but it's not like there's simply nothing to be done.

"Franzen, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Quincey, Kindl....it's the way of the future....the way of the future....the way of the future..."

Holland best get this team turned around with some sort of shakeup....hell, if you cannot trade players, sit them, bench them, dress them then sit them on the bench the entire game....for f***s sake Holland, get a move on!

I want to wake up in the morning and read "Wings trade Filppula + for _________ in a blockbuster deal!"