• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Red Wings to be in an Eastern conference in latest NHL/NHLPA proposal

Rate this topic

No thanks, I don't like those 7 and 8 team divisions. Plus I don't like how you only play the teams outside your division only once. All it means is more priority games, and the owners can charge even more for tickets.

I still don't understand what's wrong with the 6 divisions. Just move Winnipeg West and Columbus East.

Guest irishock

No thanks, I don't like those 7 and 8 team divisions. Plus I don't like how you only play the teams outside your division only once.

Every team plays home and home against all teams outside division per Friedman

id love this it be about time the redwings come back to the east . we'd have to get a bit tougher though with the bruins being in our division we'd have get rid of some scraps like samuelsson and add gritty guys

also another thing i HATE about these conferenoces is bettman wants to make the best 4 teams per division make the playoffs and 1st round matchups will be division series i want the best 8 to get in regardless and same seeding now 1 vs 8 2 vs 7 etc ...

II: BOS/BUF/DET/FLA/MON/OTT/TB/TOR

Please let this happen.

I logged in just to complain about this... I know some might remember me being vocal on this. I got little problem with the idea... but why must they make 8 and 7 team conferences?!?!? that just isn't fair. Why not just move Detroit East if you are going to do that? I just don't get that crap at all. If the only change they made was moving Detroit east then the playoffs won't be ruined and no one has a statistically worse chance of making the playoffs. The only people screwed are Columbus and they don't deserve anything anyways. I am again tweeting with the #moveDetroitEast and #nounbalancedconferences tags. I want to see us play boston Mon Ott and TOR more... but I don't want us missing the playoffs because we have to play against 8 teams instead of 7... that is bulls***.

Guest irishock

On one hand....YES! More games vs Tor, Mon, Bos, etc..... On the other hand....Yikes! we have to play those teams!

Meh, only Boston out of the other 7 is a scary opponent.

No thanks, I don't like those 7 and 8 team divisions. Plus I don't like how you only play the teams outside your division only once. All it means is more priority games, and the owners can charge even more for tickets.

I still don't understand what's wrong with the 6 divisions. Just move Winnipeg West and Columbus Detroit East.

Fixed it for you.

Oh and btw, every single one of those teams is a better team than us right now. Save maybe Florida and Buffalo unless they get their issues fixed.

Also, move Florida to another city please.

Guest Playmaker

I like it...didn't mind the previous one with the more central based teams either...how can you not like so much original 6 play and less Columbus and Nashville?

This is outstanding for hockey in general. This division would easily be the most watched. Huge market teams, plus Boston and Toronto at the Joe a couple times a year. Please send this through. You people in this forum that whine and complain that the Wings don't fight enough, you should be happy.

I love this. Wish they would just swap Detroit and Winnipeg to keep it balanced between east/west, but geographically it makes sense to move Columbus as well. Not really fair to the divisions with eight teams compared to seven.

However, Toronto, Boston and Montreal is a beautiful thing. How can any Red Wings fan not like that over Nashville and Columbus?

Will miss Chicago games but they will still play. Being in the east where Detroit belongs, along with playing Montreal and Toronto a lot will be a real treat. Not to mention being in a big division with Tampa and seeing Stamkos, Lecavalier, St. Louis and etc... yeah we need this.

Funny, when the Wings were the Best in the West and Better than All The Rest, Bettman would have no talk of the Wings moving East. Now that the Eastern teams seem to be better than the Western teams and the Wings in a rebuild, he is all about them being moved to a conference to where they will get their assess kicked and probably miss the playoffs 10 years in a row... Your hatred for Detroit has grown tiresome Gary, dont let me see you walking down the street alone!

It sounds like the schedule format will be:

Home/Home vs the other 22 teams (44 games)

Remaining 38 games vs the conference (5 or 6 per opponent).

So although the Wings will be in the "East" we will be playing the Pens, Flyers, Rangers, etc as many times as we play the western teams, 2 each.

Edited by Andrew

Guest irishock

Ugh what? No it's not...

I think it is tougher than the West nowadays. You've got Pittsburgh, Boston, Philly and New Jersey playing real physical hockey, while in the West you have St. Louis and maybe Anaheim on a good day.

Guest DeGraa55

Ugh what? No it's not...

Pretty sure this is common knowledge. You know sun rises in the east and sets in west. But since you are unaware first I suggest you actually eastern conference games keep track of the hit total. Then do it for west.

Next I looked up stats just now for you. 8 of the top 10 in hits are from the east. And 6 from the 11-20 range.

6 of those guys are from for, mtl, buf and Ott. You knows teams that would be in our division.