• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Iginla may/may not have added Detroit to his trade list

Rate this topic

I pass on Iginla based on what the asking price seems to be I'd rather target a younger guy that has years ahead of him and has established himself in this league. Maybe look to target Clarkson, Horton, etc. in the offseason. I love Iginla, but I'd rather keep our prospect pool and current players intact.

So here's the real question then... what would people be willing to give up to see a real scoring winger play alongside Pavel?

FOr a young(ish) big tough winger I would give up a decent package. Would be willing t give u some of our top prospects/picks/Franzen/Filpulla.

...and just to add to that question, who in the Wings organization do we have ready to fill that role? Quickly too, since it seems Pavel is headed home at the end of 2014.

All this to say, you have Pavel, Zetterberg and Flip right now. You are about to possibly lose two of them in the next two years. Maybe it's time for a couple bold moves to take another shot at the Cup.

Kenny didn't do enough last year (or the year before really) and Lidstrom must've known that things weren't going to get better, because he could've continued to play if there was a "chance" at another Cup.

...and just to add to that question, who in the Wings organization do we have ready to fill that role? Quickly too, since it seems Pavel is headed home at the end of 2014.

One can only hope that one of our prospect develops into what Pavel brings to this team, however I do not see any sure things right now, for that reason I would have really looked to pursue Getzlaf had he not resigned.

Guest Johnz96

So here's the real question then... what would people be willing to give up to see a real scoring winger play alongside Pavel?

I wouldn't start negotiations here but as high as something like

Nyquist/Kindl, Frk/Sheahan and a 2nd (conditional to Iginla re-signing with the Wings) for Iginla and a 3rd (conditional to Iginla not re-signing with the Wings)?

They won't get 2 top prospects and 1st rounder for a 35 yr old rental no matter how good he is/was

Apparently Iginla has told Calgary he'll only accept a trade if he can reach an agreement with the team he's going to on a contract.

So he's not really a rental, he wants at least a few years wherever he lands.

I'd do something like Kindl, Mursak or maybe Tatar IF Calgary sweetens the deal by adding a second rounder. Which will easily not be enough to get Iginla.

The trade-deadline prices this year are ridiculous, if this continues I really pray for Holland to stay pat and not messing up the future. Names like Nyquist, Smith, 1 2013 should be absolutely no-gos from a Wings perspective.

Guest Johnz96

Apparently Iginla has told Calgary he'll only accept a trade if he can reach an agreement with the team he's going to on a contract.

So he's not really a rental, he wants at least a few years wherever he lands.

I didn't know that. Apparently Calgary is asking for 2 prospects and a pick

How about something like Nyquist/Kindl, Frk/Sheahan and a 2nd then?

Would it be enough? Woud you do it?

One can only hope that one of our prospect develops into what Pavel brings to this team, however I do not see any sure things right now, for that reason I would have really looked to pursue Getzlaf had he not resigned.

Not very likely. He is considered by some (myself included) as the best hockey player in the world but if any of them get close to being as good that will be great.

Filppula cause he wants 5 mil to re-sign, Quincey, White, Cleary and if that's not enough, then add Mule into the mix. :bye1: That should free up some roster space.

Depends on what scoring winger you're talking about. Iginla is on the market, so is Gaborik and Stafford, and there's some speculation that Loui Ericsson and Chris Stewart are too. All of them are scoring wingers, and all three would demand different returns. The same is true of every other winger on the market

I would prefer Boyle + Stafford, probably would not have to give up as much

Considering that we're moving to the East, I wonder if we could pick up Boyle. I really think getting a top 4 puck-moving defenseman would make arguably as much of an impact here as almost anyone we could get would. We've played a style that demands good, puck moving defenseman for ao long and now were short on them...Boyle would have to come cheaper than Iginla too.

If we land DeKeyser, and the rumors of Iggy wanting to hammer out a contract extension with whatever team he's dealt too, then I'm all in for getting him here. Adding Iggy to the top 6 puts us amongst the elite in the West, we've proven we can play with Anaheim and Chicago, Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't getting any younger. Finally our young players are developing in bunches, and we have the depth to deal some of them. (I.E. lose a Nyquist for example, well Jarnkrok is in GR next year)

If we land DeKeyser, and the rumors of Iggy wanting to hammer out a contract extension with whatever team he's dealt too, then I'm all in for getting him here. Adding Iggy to the top 6 puts us amongst the elite in the West, we've proven we can play with Anaheim and Chicago, Datsyuk and Zetterberg aren't getting any younger. Finally our young players are developing in bunches, and we have the depth to deal some of them. (I.E. lose a Nyquist for example, well Jarnkrok is in GR next year)

Totally agree as long as we land DeKeyser. Otherwise I wouldn't want to give up the depth. I think people are still hugely underestimating how much it will cost.

With the recent Pitts deals giving a clearer picture of the market, I would expect them to be asking for:

One of + 1st rounder or two of:

Frk/Pulkkinen/Jurco/Sproul/Ouellet (top prospects)

+

One of:

Andersson/Sheahan/Nyquist/Tatar/Jarnkrok/Smith (roster player with upside)

+

One of:

Mrazek/Paterson

Again, I believe this would be around what they are asking for, assuming he would sign an extension. (min 2-3yrs)

Gross overpayment? Yup. But it's a sellers market where a guy like Murray can get you two 2nd picks.

Totally agree as long as we land DeKeyser. Otherwise I wouldn't want to give up the depth. I think people are still hugely underestimating how much it will cost.

With the recent Pitts deals giving a clearer picture of the market, I would expect them to be asking for:

One of + 1st rounder or two of:

Frk/Pulkkinen/Jurco/Sproul/Ouellet (top prospects)

+

One of:

Andersson/Sheahan/Nyquist/Tatar/Jarnkrok/Smith (roster player with upside)

+

One of:

Mrazek/Paterson

Again, I believe this would be around what they are asking for, assuming he would sign an extension. (min 2-3yrs)

Gross overpayment? Yup. But it's a sellers market where a guy like Murray can get you two 2nd picks.

If thats what they want, and I am gm, count me out. Frk, Ouellet, sproul, and my first rounder are going nowhere. Tatar smith and maybe nyquist are not being moved, and Mrazek is a definite no

Pens got schooled in the Morrow deal butz the Murray one was good.

If the price you've mentioned is the asking price for him count me (if I were Holland) out.

Iginla is a rental nothing more and even for a signed one, a team on the verge of rebuilding should not be a big buyer come trade deadline.

There are only two Falmes I'd love to have McGrattan and Bouwmeester.

Sent from my BlackBerry

Pens got schooled in the Morrow deal butz the Murray one was good.

I would say quite the opposite. Two 2nd round draft picks for a top 5/6 slow d-man (who is reported to be out of shape) who is a UFA at the end of the year.

They paid a steep price for Brendan Morrow but he has the potential to be an impact player for this season and more.

Guest Crymson

Mickey and Ken said during the 3rd period that Iginla's list doesn't include Detroit.

They also said that Feaster wants a ridiculous package in return.

No thanks.

Guest Johnz96

Mickey and Ken said during the 3rd period that Iginla's list doesn't include Detroit.

I heard that too. I don't know what they were talking about after the last Ducks' game then.