• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Johnz96

Iginla may/may not have added Detroit to his trade list

Rate this topic

Pens got schooled in the Morrow deal butz the Murray one was good.

I would say quite the opposite. Two 2nd round draft picks for a top 5/6 slow d-man (who is reported to be out of shape) who is a UFA at the end of the year.

They paid a steep price for Brendan Morrow but he has the potential to be an impact player for this season and more.

Guest Crymson   
Guest Crymson

Mickey and Ken said during the 3rd period that Iginla's list doesn't include Detroit.

They also said that Feaster wants a ridiculous package in return.

No thanks.

Guest Johnz96   
Guest Johnz96

Mickey and Ken said during the 3rd period that Iginla's list doesn't include Detroit.

I heard that too. I don't know what they were talking about after the last Ducks' game then.

Just heard today on TSN 1050 Iginla's list has 4 teams, the last 4 Cup Champs: Pens, B.Hawks, Bruins, and Kings. Since we're switching Leagues next year, I hope he goes to the Bruins. Let Boston gutt their farm system for him.

:lol:

That's just it...From what I recall Flames GM Feaster wants 2 prospects (probably whoever he wants), and a 1st round draft pick for the 2 to 3 months of "service" Iggy would provide.

Guest Johnz96   
Guest Johnz96

:lol:

That's just it...From what I recall Flames GM Feaster wants 2 prospects (probably whoever he wants), and a 1st round draft pick for the 2 to 3 months of "service" Iggy would provide.

Apparently Iginla wants to work out a 3-4 yr deal with the team he is traded to before accepting the trade

Apparently Iginla wants to work out a 3-4 yr deal with the team he is traded to before accepting the trade

I would take Iginla on a 3-4 year contract, starting with 5 or 5.5 mill and going down from there to lower his cap hit for his "inevitable" decline. That's not a terrible contract.

I'm surprised more people aren't on board with the idea of trying to land Iginla. I'm not going to be heartbroken if he doesn't arrive as I highly doubt it will happen, but it's just silly to believe he wouldn't still be an impact player even at his age for 2-3 more years. The Wings could use a real power-forward as well. Maybe Franzen could learn a thing or two from him, or at least become embarrassed enough to start trying a little harder again to live up to his now-irrelevant nickname. But again, the likelihood of him landing here is very small. I don't think it would have to do with us being strong suitors so much as willing suitors, if the other teams undoubtedly ahead of us aren't willing to pay the price. Still, unlikely at best.

Guys, we should probably just close this dang thread. Iggy doesn't have any interest into coming to Detroit. It was rumored that we were apart of his list, but it's been more than reported now that Detroit certainly isn't in his list.

We are "apart" of his list. What we aren't is "a part" of his list.

Guys, we should probably just close this dang thread. Iggy doesn't have any interest into coming to Detroit. It was rumored that we were apart of his list, but it's been more than reported now that Detroit certainly isn't in his list.

Really?

That's news to me...I was under the impression that he, and his family are very happy in Calgary, and would return there for the start of the 2013/2014 season.

Really?

That's news to me...I was under the impression that he, and his family are very happy in Calgary, and would return there for the start of the 2013/2014 season.

If that were the case he would never allow to be traded anyway. whats he gonna do, goto a team and maybe win a cup, then just walk back in the door and not expect any sort of animosity?

If that were the case he would never allow to be traded anyway. whats he gonna do, goto a team and maybe win a cup, then just walk back in the door and not expect any sort of animosity?

Well - yes...

I think the vast majority of NHL'ers are mature enough to accept the fact that their career is indeed a "business", and in this particular "business" players are moved from 1 franchise to another...

Since he's a UFA after this season there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't return to Calgary, and I'm certain the owners/players/fans would welcome him back with open arms.

Well - yes...

I think the vast majority of NHL'ers are mature enough to accept the fact that their career is indeed a "business", and in this particular "business" players are moved from 1 franchise to another...

Since he's a UFA after this season there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't return to Calgary, and I'm certain the owners/players/fans would welcome him back with open arms.

Iginla is one of the best players to ever wear the flamed C on their chest, so I am sure they would welcome him back. Anyway, Wings aren't on his list so maybe time to close this thread now?

Guest Johnz96   
Guest Johnz96

Really?

When I called him a rental someone else pointed this out with a link earlier in the thread.

Guest Johnz96   
Guest Johnz96

When I called him a rental someone else pointed this out with a link earlier in the thread.

Actually it was Flashy G and there wasn't a link

Well - yes...

I dont see how that could ever work.

It's not like he's demanding a trade. Trading him at this point is a win/win. He gets to try and win a cup, and the Flames get a prospect and a pick to go without his services for a few months. Then he simply goes home, with (hopefully for him) a Stanley Cup and a better team overall.

It's not like he's demanding a trade. Trading him at this point is a win/win. He gets to try and win a cup, and the Flames get a prospect and a pick to go without his services for a few months. Then he simply goes home, with (hopefully for him) a Stanley Cup and a better team overall.

This is how I feel about our Filppula situation, we have him as part of a trade then sign him as a free agent in the summer...as close as we can come to having our cake and eating it too.

This is how I feel about our Filppula situation, we have him as part of a trade then sign him as a free agent in the summer...as close as we can come to having our cake and eating it too.

Or we keep a cheap good player for a playoff run and don't waste one of the last years of datsyuk.

I dont see how that could ever work.

Iginla is one of the best players to ever wear the flamed C on their chest, so I am sure they would welcome him back. Anyway, Wings aren't on his list so maybe time to close this thread now?

Din758 take a look at Grimey's post...Pretty much sums it all up.

Has that ever even happened before? And if this is the assumed outcome of all of this, why is CGY expecting to get some huge payment in return? No GM would ever do that.