#1 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

LeBrun just tweeted.

https://twitter.com/...236642954387457

Am told the Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired Douglas Murray from the San Jose Sharks... trade call still pending

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#2 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Sounds like they're fairly active right now. A team that's playing great hockey right now though, might mess with chemistry but who knows? 

#3 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

just saw the lebrun tweet as well pittsburghs starting to piss me off there the last team i wanna see win the cup

#4 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:26 PM

Man... really making some waves for some solid players. Please god, don't let them win the cup...

#5 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

Penguins being very active indeed.

Murray is just a depth d-man anyways.

No biggie on this besides maybe making more teams active but who knows...

#6 red and white forever

red and white forever

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

wow....nice pick up by the Pens, always thought he was a beast.  Start of a fire sale in SJ?

#7 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

OBV SAM JOSE IS BLOWING IT UP

GIVE DET UR PFS

But for real, might Detroit be able to pry a fellow or two from a Sharks team that could very well be heading in a new direction?

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#8 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

Two 2nd round picks for Murray? 

Sharks win this one.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 25 March 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#9 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Two 2nd round picks for Murray? 

thats nuts .... its as if pittsburgh is putting the price way high for other teams to go chase ufa's that theyll back down and wont get anyone

#10 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Clowe next?

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#11 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Orpik and Murry on the same line? That should piss off the Flyers big time.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#12 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

You guys amways act shocked. Sellers almost always win long term. The real important thing is does the move make Pittsburgh better right now?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#13 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

I don't mind that they're setting the price high.  It's actually kind of refreshing to see a GM who recognizes holes in his lineup and goes out and acquires the pieces he needs to win.  Shero could have paid third rate prices, and he would have got third rate players.  As it is he got two guys that could really help his team and he didn't make excuses or ***** foot around about it.  Good for him. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#14 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

Pens making some moves fast and furious here

IPB Image

#15 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

This is a good trade for the Pens.  I didn't like the Morrow one for them, but this is a much needed move.  They need defense and specifically a shot blocker, which Murray is.  Two good playoff moves for them for this year, but if they don't win the Cup this year, they'll be sorry they made these trades.

#16 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

I don't mind that they're setting the price high.  It's actually kind of refreshing to see a GM who recognizes holes in his lineup and goes out and acquires the pieces he needs to win.  Shero could have paid third rate prices, and he would have got third rate players.  As it is he got two guys that could really help his team and he didn't make excuses or ***** foot around about it.  Good for him. 

I agree. Shero's a smart hockey dude that's not afraid to pay the price for talent. But, to be fair, he has a team that are/were only a few tweaks away from being a top 2 or 3-team favourite. Holland has more holes to fill than that, and last time I checked this team hasn't gone on any 12-13 game winning streaks or whatever. Know what I mean?

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#17 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

My favorite comment on the two Pens' trades this week so far:

Based on the acquisitions of Morrow and Murray, I think it’s safe to say the Penguins are going all-in on winning the 2010 Stanley Cup.

#18 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Pittsburgh really wants to win it this year, huh? But at the same time, if they're willing to give up two 2nd round picks as well as one of their best prospects, why not do it for Iginla instead? Murray and Morrow have both been awful this season and one of both of them will need a massive turnaround in Pittsburgh for these moves to look good. 

Giving up a lot of future for mediocre guys. Saying that though, they're definitely looking like a contender this year. 

#19 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Pittsburgh really wants to win it this year, huh? But at the same time, if they're willing to give up two 2nd round picks as well as one of their best prospects, why not do it for Iginla instead? Murray and Morrow have both been awful this season and one of both of them will need a massive turnaround in Pittsburgh for these moves to look good. 

Giving up a lot of future for mediocre guys. Saying that though, they're definitely looking like a contender this year. 

Probably because Calgary's asking for more?

Edited by rick zombo, 25 March 2013 - 01:31 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#20 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

I agree. Shero's a smart hockey dude that's not afraid to pay the price for talent. But, to be fair, he has a team that are/were only a few tweaks away from being a top 2 or 3-team favourite. Holland has more holes to fill than that, and last time I checked this team hasn't gone on any 12-13 game winning streaks or whatever. Know what I mean?

I agree, but I don't just mean this season.  I mean in general.  If you look at the Pens team, who did they develop on their own?  Crosby, Fleury, Malkin, Letang, Kennedy.  Those guys are all good, but they are only marginally better than Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Howard, Filppula, and Kronwall...if they're better at all.  However, they've gone out and acquired Neal, Kunitz, Sutter, Martin, Dupuis...and now Murray and Morrow. 

I'm not saying Shero is a better GM than Holland, he doesn't draft or develop players any better than Holland does, and Holland didn't have the option of picking high for guys like Crosby or Malkin.  Where Holland really misses the boat is in the trade/FA markets, where he usually misses out on higher end talent because he likes to play it safe.  You don't get quality players (that you didn't develop yourself) by refusing to move good young prospects, and by refusing to pay market value.  Which is why they got Neal, Sutter, Kunitz, Martin, etc. and we got Sammy, Bert, White, and Quincey. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."