• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

GDT 4/15: Red Wings 3 @ Predators 0

Rate this topic

Great effort by Jimmy Howard for the shutout. Nice job for an "average" goalie. How did Carey Price do last time he was out? Cue up side B of Van Halen's 1984 cassette and blast "Top Jimmy".

Mule looked better this game as well. DeKeyser played very well also.

Happy Birthday^

Wings 3-0. Hank with the hattie for his good deed this morning.

Kristi and Linda are at the game. They went to the morning skate. As they were going, Kristi dropped her phone and didn't realize it. Hank picked it up for her and gave it back to her. They had a nice chat in the elevator on the way down. He said they need these two points.

Great call! Too bad Hank couldn't get those other two :P

Way to go Howie, huge saves all game long!

Great effort by Jimmy Howard for the shutout. Nice job for an "average" goalie. How did Carey Price do last time he was out? Cue up side B of Van Halen's 1984 cassette and blast "Top Jimmy".

Mule looked better this game as well. DeKeyser played very well also.

Carey Price is going to the playoffs. I'm sure he's doing just fine.

So Nashville isn't the biggest offensive threat, but Jimmy had a great first period with thirteen saves in that first period. We bear down and make a good game of it. Z shows what he's made of... so does Howard. Damn fine result in a game we needed to win.

Guest Crymson

Let's be serious Howard won that game and stole points in the last 2 games.

This game should have been way easier than what it was.

Offense needs to wake up for the last 6 games.

Giguere and Kiprusoff stole series from us in 2002 and 2003, respectively, and it couldn't have mattered less that they did the lion's share of the work. While I agree that it is nice to see the team put up dominant performances, it's great that we have a goalie capable of stealing games.

It was basically a 1-0 game which means: a) we suck at scoring, and b) team needs a shutout to win

I disagree that this was a 1-0 game. Rinne made a few huge saves that we had a legitimate chance to score on. We still suck at scoring, but I'm hoping we can get that going for the next 22-34 games.

And Franzen scored with a goalie in net. 2-0 game + the EN.

Edited by SDavis35

Ka-bam. Much needed win. Now we just have to wait for Minny and Dallas to lose.

Kind of weird, this being the last of the regular Nashville matchups. They were a good opponent.

I disagree that this was a 1-0 game. Rinne made a few huge saves that we had a legitimate chance to score on. We still suck at scoring, but I'm hoping we can get that going for the next 22-34 games.

I like the optimistic arithmetic you did there for possible games remaining

...or we could be Nashville and be shutout NINE times this year. You tell me who's worse offensively. :lol:

Giguere and Kiprusoff stole series from us in 2002 and 2003, respectively, and it couldn't have mattered less that they did the lion's share of the work. While I agree that it is nice to see the team put up dominant performances, it's great that we have a goalie capable of stealing games.

Bobrovsky, Smith, Lehtonen and Elliot have been stealing games for their respective teams as well but the offense has also been better for those teams as oppose to the Wings

Couldn't be happier with Howard's play but they will need the offense to show up to make it into the playoffs.