• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECQF - (5) Maple Leafs vs. (4) Bruins

Rate this topic

Statement from Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli:

"Late during tonight's game we were made aware that there was a malfunction with our airplane. As a result we are staying in Toronto on Sunday night and the team will travel to Boston on Monday morning."

Could this become a factor for Game 7 tomorrow night? Hockey players are creatures of habit, so having a wrench thrown into their routine like this has to be frustrating.

It would've been an optional morning skate anyways, no big deal.

I don't think the loss is in the morning skate, it's not waking up in your own bed and being able to start the day as you normally would. Travel days always suck. You just don't feel right.

Not to make an excuse for them. If they want an excuse, a good starting point would be somewhere in the second half of the regular season. They haven't looked right to me in a long time. Honestly, wouldn't mind seeing Toronto pull off the come back.

Not to make an excuse for them. If they want an excuse, a good starting point would be somewhere in the second half of the regular season. They haven't looked right to me in a long time. Honestly, wouldn't mind seeing Toronto pull off the come back.

Though the culprits have changed. Now, Lucic and Horton are showing up to play, and Seguin and Marchand have disappeared. And Chara doesn't seem to be playing at 100%

Also, My god, Jagr is slow. I know he protects the puck well -- when he has it. But he also has a bad habit of going for high-risk passes and turning the puck over. I'd wonder if he'd be a better fit on a better cycling line, maybe with Lucic and Horton, but (1) who's going to take faceoffs, and (2) Lucic-Kreicji-Horton is Boston's only reliable line. No way they blow it up now.

I still think Boston wins in 7. Reimer's due for a stinker, and Boston's on again, off again work ethic should be back on . . . though nothing would surprise me.

My completely ignorant of most East teams opinion...I think I want the Leafs to win but I think Boston has a better D for later playoff rounds to knock out Pittsburgh.

What has been wrong with Boston? They've not looked like themselves since somewhere around the halfway or two-third way mark of this season. Not to take away from what Toronto is doing, including getting some spectacular goaltending from Reimer, but... this team was supposedly built for the playoffs.

IMHO the Bruins have looked "off kilter" the whole season...Consistency has been an issue for them.

Claude Julien described them as a "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" type of team. Similar to how some describe the Wings in recent years.